Sign in to follow this  
SILESIAN

Everywhere you go always take a weather with you

Weather in OFP is changing .... why sea must be still the same ?

eg.

In the morning the weather and wather looked very good for fishing

NEWSEA%20G1.JPG

NEWSEA%20G2.JPG

NEWSEA%20G3.JPG

NEWSEA%20G4.JPG

NEWSEA%20G5.JPG

in midday the water looks like glass

NEWSEA%20BL1.JPG

NEWSEA%20BL2.JPG

but it was a silence before stormy weather

NEWSEA%20D1.JPG

at this time the ocean isn't nice

NEWSEA%20D2.JPG

but allways some players will survive

NEWSEA%20D3.JPG

and safely back home

NEWSEA%20D4.JPG

the stormy water kinda looks like a rock texture to me rock.gif,anyways looks cool

WOOT!

looks briliant!

this is a perfect addition to the hisky mods! smile_o.gif

:Lee_H._Oswald

- No I didn't  sad_o.gif

I'll plan finish one of these tex but how long as OFP will be use only one textures for water that BISs water will be probably the best ( read the most universal).

Sea in OFP should use more textures - like ground :

another for coast, beach or maybe open sea and maybe some transparent.

about transparent tex  - now OFP use 7 transparent textures (animation) and one under these as "background".

Maybe if it posible to enlarge the distance with these we'll can see our legs in  water  smile_o.gif .

I haven't nowlege for make it all (as a working mod) but I'll can make textures.

Or maybe this idea is posible in new islands with higher placed waters surface - I saw at this forum topics about dam and lake/swimmingpool ?

The best way will be BISs patch for it ( or OFP 2 with new water ) -but it's probably has been suggested quite often somewhere at this forum.

that water looks incredibly sexy wow_o.gif

good work silesian

yep, very impressive.

Nice job man. As for implementing it, talk to the scripters at ECP or CoC. They're the best there is.

We can have sea vaves in OFP if we  change or add more frames for sea animation.

NEWSEA%20BG1.JPG

NEWSEA%20BG2.JPG

We can have sea vaves in OFP if we  change or add more frames for sea animation.

would be cool, but is that possible? rock.gif

- No I didn't  sad_o.gif

I'll plan finish one of these tex but how long as OFP will be use only one textures for water that BISs water will be probably the best ( read the most universal).

The best way will be BISs patch for it ( or OFP 2 with new water ) -but it's probably has been suggested quite often somewhere at this forum.

Yes, that would really by a nice feature for OFP2!  smile_o.gif

Really impressive work, SILESIAN

Especially the "stormy water" looks great!

Mfg MEDICUS

:mackan

- We have new animations for soldiers, than why not for water ?

wow Silesian those look awsome they can bring new life for ofp!biggrin_o.gif shame that now we can't use changeble tex for water  sad_o.gif

It is beta version one of these - soon for download.

I'm looking somebody who can change BISs water animation, but it's inposible make good looking water with only 7 frames of animations ( like original BISs)

NEWSEAbeta1.JPG

NEWSEAbeta2.JPG

NEWSEAbeta3.JPG

NEWSEAbeta4.JPG

NEWSEAbeta5.JPG

About weather, can you make some ice or something to go along? Perhaps forming on the roads? biggrin_o.gif

That's a real b*tch. tounge_o.gif

Also, we're gonna need Cold Weather Gear....

I like that greenish colored texture. As far as sparsely animated water goes... who really spends that much time looking at it as opposed to playing the game?

I like that greenish colored texture. As far as sparsely animated water goes... who really spends that much time looking at it as opposed to playing the game?

people like me who stand on teh deck of a carrier looking out. the calm between the battels and just take in the fresh air smile_o.gif

and im wondering. in that "space" mod where u take off the in shuttel and float in space. .when in reality your floating above an earth like texture. . . that texture and model (i assume now) is placed using a set hight? so why cant we use that same idea to set those ocean textures at water level (should go thru the land so it wont actualy cover the land too) and then find a way to script it to "Watch" the weather and change accordingly

does anyone have any idea on what im tryin to say or have i lost you all completly? lol

is it nogova island on the pics ?? smile_o.gif when is it ready for beta download ?

Maybe you could make the waves "move" from side to side with the animations so it looks like the waves are actually moving somewhere. Like when the wave ends at one texture then it picks up at the other, and continuously loops..... its kinda hard to explain.  sad_o.gif

Edit: I dont even know if it is possible, I think it was mentioned water animations are random?