Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

Please, for the love of whatever god you bow to, Please don't allow this mod to gather dust as the Halo mod has done. All I wanted from the Halo mod was the Pelican and Warthog. In this case I really only seek the Dropship and APC (anything else would be a bonus). If work does cease please consider releasing open source betas of all WIP.

Respectfully...

Cap.

I'm still here, haven't heard anything from KyleSarnik or Dr. Strangelove.  For all intents and purposes, it's still "active", but for all intents and purposes, that's a call to release WIP stuff on nephilim, as by the weekend, I'm burned out from school and since Bobcatt666 pulled out, I don't know, and haven't had the chance to really sit down and think of where to start off from.  I'd like to release WIP betas, but again, that's not my call as it's nephilim's work, not mine (well okay, the textures are, but you get the point ja?).

Besides, we get more requests for screenies, this, that, or how about this? Rather than offers to help, and we all got our other projects to do.

Quote[/b] ]I'd like to release WIP betas

Do it.

If anything, Im sure it will get people off your back for awhile.

wink_o.gif

I'd like to release WIP betas, but again, that's not my call as it's nephilim's work, not mine (well okay, the textures are, but you get the point ja?).

wink_o.gif

why not post a "job offer" to ofp.gamezone.cz, i´m sure there would be people who´d love to help!

ive done that twice.. or more....

nothing much of a help

Well I can leave myself still aviable in emergency but I got military retraining coming up as my unit is switched overr from arty to infantry. Had to rebuild most if not all the the batalions equipment for turn in. Still fixing equipment comming to and from Afganistan, Iraq, Turkey, and hurricain relief.

my megar opinion is that relese the wip beta stuff let other ppl finish it and u can stop worrying about this mod and get on to your more important projects smile_o.gif

that fair to me ,although its not my opinion that matters here, but look at it this way this mods has been going for what is it 2...3 years and nothing has been released and with what you were proposing to do for your release with a conestoga carrier it doesnt look like this mod will be ready for release in the near OR far future due to the fact that everyone has more important issues to sort out now, so releasing wip and letting someone else pick up the peices later seems reasonable to me

xmas_o.gif yea he's rite lets have a taste of summit, although i understand why u dont wont 2 release it without the rest of the mod (cos ur greedy tounge2.gif o/j) but i think perhaps a few more pics of different stuff uve impressed us all with the dropship hows about letting us see more smile_o.gif please.... whistle.gif

i will think about this

but this stuff is very unready

and i dont want to see it get shred apart now...

ive you think you can do something for this mod

contact me or eric

For those who will actually bother me, just note that I only have the UD-4L and M577. Neph does too, but keep in mind that I have MSN, or Yahoo, as the file is 20MB or so, and can't upload it to my site (or I would link it whoever requested it), but neph's guidance still stands, I'm not going to get it to just anybody now..

im going to make a discussion on the furure of uscm mod.

but what i can tell you now is that there wont be a

ofp release.

due arma release is close and the new game will be released shortly after arma it will be the best to postpone the project.

dont be sad we will continue to work

but arma/ofp2(newgame) will bring new modeling techinques

and it would take more time to adapt these models to ofp2.

there fore we will c how stuff devlops.

if youre still intrested in join in the team dont hesitate to pm me or eric:)

Quote[/b] ]but what i can tell you now is that there wont be a

ofp release.

After a year of discussion in an OFP thread?

tounge2.gif

things change

if i had a proper team we could have realized a ofp release.

but with just 3 moreover active people in the mod you cant

really set it up.

sorry

but as ive posted it ealier you still can join us

its a shame but if you can do it for Armed assault i'll be just as pleased. shame theres not been an AVP style strategy game yet.

however, the work you put in here may still be usable on armed assault.

Best wishes. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]not been an AVP style strategy game

wasnt it called avp extinction?

anyway

lets see what arma brings since the featuers wil be a bit diffren to vbs1 so i cant tell if its definatelly gonna be arma

i it was called AVP extinction wink_o.gif

so wht ended up happenin 2 the UAP

i think before u end this mod been for ofp release us wht uv got done already, might aswell no loss xmas_o.gif

Well, due to some issues, I had to reformat my laptop HD. And.... yep, I lost EVERYTHING (a good load of stuff). So right now I don't have crap as far as anything relating to gaming, a whole lot of stuff. The bright side? There's copies on my PC at home (which I'm away from, natch) so all isn't lost.

Erik that totally sucks but at least you have at least some of that hard work backed up. my sympathies to you and your laptop

thumbs-up.gif

Thanks, though somehow it started with IE, and it decided to die last night. I mean, right now it's not a total blow since I've stopped the project, but some other ones had the base PSDs, and that's the killer, the original stuff.