about hte cockpit

i found some panels they used for this

other stuff is just improvised

as thers pretty few resource on them

who anoticed that fast biggrin_o.gif

wel not completally itll be alienS

but mainly abou the colonial marines

there wont the aliens plot or any of the charakter of aliens

as we dont want to get into trouble with 20th century fox...

That's a wise decision smile_o.gif I've stop working on Stargate mod because of that wink_o.gif

Got the majority of the Flying Bananas texured:

ds113.jpg

ds114.jpg

ds115.jpg

the green version does indeed look meaner, but i think the aliens wont mind what hit them tounge_o.gif

the model itself looks very good, cant wait to see it ingame, excellent work smile_o.gif

I've wanted this APC/Dropship in OFP for a long time, it's looking badass.

A couple of things... will you be releasing addons or will we be waiting a til OFP2 is out for a full USCM mod for OFP?

Are you planning on making any LV426 style islands, with barren terrain and Hadley's Hope-ish colonies/atmosphere processors?

Cap.

This is a minor texturing idea - what about darkening the underside to represent the high temperatures of atmospheric reentry? Kind of singe it a little bit... smile_o.gif

Just a thought.

This is a minor texturing idea - what about darkening the underside to represent the high temperatures of atmospheric reentry? Kind of singe it a little bit...  smile_o.gif

Just a thought.

With all due respect Hellfish6:

"If I am posting pics under the USCM Mod Topic, note that ALL are Work In Progress"

It's there for a reason smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

But seriously I did do some of that last night, I have to just get the time to post the newer pics, which should be on later on today my time. So don't worry ;)

And I know neph has the model done for the M40 Ridgeway (haven't heard nothing about the M22), but she's also bogged down with all the stuff, so if anybody has good vehicle texturing skills, you may want to PM her and see if she can let you.

the flyign bananas are a special version that are mentioned in the cmtm in battle of helene 215

the vegetation of this planet is yellow so id be pretty silyl leavign the ds green ;)

but the green one will be there of course

as i said b4

we basicalyl do every thing thats mentioned in the manual

i aswell posted a early pic of the m44 on previous pages

As per Hellfish6's suggestion ( smile_o.gif ), some singing, but I don't like how it looks so far, but we can see, and added more black "scrappy" look to it:

ds116.jpg

ds117.jpg

ds118.jpg

Thanks smile_o.gif

"So Marine, how would you like your dropship?"

"Well Sarge, I would like it toasted on the bottom, with it light on top."

"Well chosen Marine."

ds119.jpg

ds120.jpg

I'm sure neph will (or maybe not) want a "non-toasted" version, but given the fictional battle, it may be not done. But this one is definitely a keeper, singed enough? smile_o.gif

Thanks smile_o.gif

More touchup (read "burn") work:

ds121.jpg

ds122.jpg

Though in Reflection I may just call it "UD-4L 'Cheyenne' Lightly Toasted Flying Bananas" smile_o.gif

ahh man so badass looking are all these dropships wooo i just cant wait to drop some troops and a apc in and start blasting things with the rockets wooot

Hmmmmmm, Pisang Goreng. I like it tounge_o.gif

It looks very realistic. The hull will also get a little dirty when landing and will indeed get toasted when dropping from orbit. It sure looks cool.. eh.. hot biggrin_o.gif

nephilim -

thank you for clearing my question about the banana-dropship, i didnt know the

"history" of the US colonial marines, but in that case it does make sense of course smile_o.gif

EricJ -

the "toasting" did the banana DS very good, looks much better now, top textures smile_o.gif

looks neat biggrin_o.gif

kinda jelous i cant compare my textures to erics quality hehe ;)

oh yeah

put on soem peanut buttern on the toasted banannas and im set ;)

try do get some refrence on how burn paint/coating looks like on bare metal

though i wouldnt suggest to make too much burnt

the reentry of the ds isnt the same as like an space shuttle ones so it doenst really burn

(u need to redo the complete hull after every drop)

keep it up

il try to get started on teh apc texturign and get eh troops completed (wheres dr.strangelove...)

Okay, though even the movie really didn't show the true insertion profile of the dropship, but maybe offer this down the line as a "Toasted Flying Banana" as well, I got the PSDs to convert it back to the non-burned one easy.

Did some panel line work. Note that I use mine as the test bed so once they are good, I just transfer them over to the other schemes easy:

ds123.jpg

ds124.jpg

ds125.jpg

ds126.jpg

The last one of course with line highlights.

Started on the internal bay.  From the scant shots I guess the color is "Army Puke Green" (or a more close interpretation of it anyways) while the structural members were olive drab (good thing they ride in an APC smile_o.gif ).  Right now it's one texture for both the sides, and one for the top.  If it comes down to it, I'll do each side, but note the arrows are for reference only:

ds127.jpg

ds128.jpg

I'm leaning towards an ordinary grey but we'll see.

And ze ribbing (VERY BASIC) texturing:

ds129.jpg

il try to get started on teh apc texturign and get eh troops completed (wheres dr.strangelove...)

Right 'ere. Been away on a little trip. tounge_o.gif