Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

Well, thanks to NZXSHADOWS, the muzzle flash issue was fixed (least for this variant anywayss):

ds34.jpg

And does anybody know a good setting for engine exhaust? as you can see it sorta "melts" it into the skin.

hey eric

nice work on the textures

note this though:

again leave markings on the main fuselage textures

the green ds is too dark its basic olive colour

Okay, I'll see what I can do. And you got Yahoo? MSN seems to be down.

Here's an update to the Gunship:

untitled.jpg

Had an issue with the texture, so I had to readjust it slightly. And here's a few "action shots" showing what can be done. No set mission for this, but the "scenario" is a hot area, with the Gunship providing cover while the "standard" one does the insertion. The main thing however is the color neph wanted (actual color really) for the "Standard" one:

ds38.jpg

ds39.jpg

ds40.jpg

It also shows off some of the added scripting as far as extraction and insertion as well.

Some more shots, added some highlighting among the areas:

ds41.jpg

ds42.jpg

ds43.jpg

ds44.jpg

All that's needed is to remove the markings for neph, more dirt and exhaust and this one should be complete.

wow_o.gif

It looks insane!

It keeps getting better and better.

@Jenn & EricJ;

Why remove the markings? I hope this does not include the numbers? I love those numbers. It's perhaps a good idea tomake them less white and add a few scratches/weathering, but please keep them. They look very cool.

She means that she's going to apply the markings herself, rather than I do it, I'm just here to texture it (can't have no fun.....) but in a conversation with her I may apply it directly to the skin, rather than as another selection.

Note: the dust effects are from the "heli_dust.sqs" added to the initialization, it does not speak of a planned or incorporated feature, this is purely for this "mission"

Mission

Intel has reported heavy enemy presence in a small manufacturing site.  Possible heavy resistance, two dropships plus a Marine section assigned:

Moving to the objective:

ds45.jpg

Reaching the target area, gunship covers while dropship circles for other targets (if present)

ds46.jpg

Area clear (so far), moving into insert Marine section:

ds47.jpg

"Down and Clear":

ds48.jpg

Dropship clears the area and moves 400m NE to cover that sector while Marine Section moves to the complex, while gunship moves to cover the East (down the valley, primary threat direction):

ds49.jpg

ds50.jpg

ds51.jpg

(Continuation from previous post)

"Area Secure"  APC moves to dropship for pickup, then orders come down to move to Petrovice for area sweep, since no contact is made:

ds52.jpg

ds53.jpg

ds54.jpg

Gunship covers, while dropship moves to unload APC (meant to show the Action Menu command "Fast Insert with APC", though any suggestions to rename this?):

ds55.jpg

ds56.jpg

Area secure, however gunship is closer for extraction, so the dropship covers while the gunship picks Marine section up:

ds57.jpg

ds58.jpg

Mission complete, RTB (meant show the "Land" command in Action Menu, when executes pilot lands and shuts down the engines):

ds59.jpg

ds60.jpg

ds61.jpg

This is also meant to show the "darker" scheme (neph thought it was too light at the last minute.  Threw me off, but I got it fixed after some creative thinking).  I would have liked to have some dismounted stuff, but as such I don't have the units, but this should be okay. But thought I would have some fun and take a break from skinning this stuff (we're all in it for fun right?).

She means that she's going to apply the markings herself, rather than I do it, I'm just here to texture it (can't have no fun.....) but in a conversation with her I may apply it directly to the skin,  rather than as another selection.

That's actually a bad idea. Although I will make the numbers look better since they are part of the skin, it also means you can't have random numbers anymore. So every dropship will de '01'. It's better to have them as a seperate selection, so you can have random numbers.

About the pictures in the above post;

AWESOME!

i know i asked this before but after a couple of days and no reply i assume that it was not noticed in the tide of comments on this addon i have a lan party on friday for me and my m8s and was hoping to incorperate the drop ship into the map im making but i cant find the download can some one email me it or a link please, i mentioned about this to my m8s and they are salavating over the prospect of this but i can only find a starship troopers dropship sad_o.gif

Actually I did reply, and that right now it is not available for download.  All of these has been Work In Progress shots, to show that the mod isn't dead, and development is still going on.  If nephilim reads your post and authorizes a limited (very) beta, then yeah, but for now there is not any plans to do so either.  Trust me we would let you know.

Also a good idea is to track this topic, so that you can catch updates to this topic as it gets posted.

i know i asked this before but after a couple of days and no reply i assume that it was not noticed in the tide of comments on this addon

Check the 2 first comments on page 33. wink_o.gif

Nice work on the ships. Waiting...

Slightly off-topic...

I heard that they used real ammunition while filming Alien 2. Anyone know if this is true? I mean, something like "standard issue" M16 ammo...

ok thank you for your replys ...... i`ll hide everything sharp before i tell my m8s it not relesed yet we were kindaplanning to adapt the map around the addon a bit .... they gonna kill me sad_o.gif

it looks really nice, i take it theres no eta?

also thanks for replys page 33 cnt believe i missed them ... i do have it tracked but 26 emails to my gmail last i checked !!!! this one hot topic lol

they used real weapons during shots

the m41a was made of a thompson gun

the m56a2 out of a old spandau mg42

these weapons fired blanks so theyd only be a bright flash

the only dangerous weapon on set was a flamer which was a custom created real flamethrower

about betas

thers a dropship aroudn but its and old wip addosn tahts been created by zippyo

More detail work:

Worked on the numbers, and managed to get it as a transparent this time:

ds62.jpg

Landing gear well texture. Used from another game, and right now looks pretty shatty, gonna work on that one... unless somebody can point me in that direction?

ds63.jpg

Worked on the landing gear hydraulics. MUCH better looking than the flat black originally used:

ds64.jpg

ds66.jpg

And in looking at the various reference shots, I had a bad ramp texture, wip texture:

ds65.jpg

Excuse me for going all offtopic but I've gotta ask.

EricJ: Whos M4's it it that you're using in the last picture and where can I find it?

Anyways great work! smile_o.gif

It's from Special Forces 1, which is an addon pack for VBS1. And no I cannot get it released as I don't have any pull.

You're modeling this in VBS then? Because it's Illegal to port original VBS pack material into OFP...

rock.gif

You're modeling this in VBS then? Because it's Illegal to port original VBS pack material into OFP...

rock.gif

Don't worry. As long as you don't uese textures or anything like that from VBS, than your free to release it.

No no no, we'll not turn this into the debate I know that will ruin this topic.  

The fact of the matter is I do not own Flashpoint Resistance.  VBS1 is of course after Flashpoint, so I can use the same configs and such (to an extent), or use 1.91 stuff.  Nephilim does own VBS1 herself (or her brother) but is making this strictly for Operation Flashpoint post Resistance.  So all the work is using a modified dropship for VBS1 so I can do the textures.  What makes the difference is that when she encodes the PBO it will be for Flashpoint, not VBS1, and as far as I know not a version for VBS1 is being developed.

And going along with Cpt. Frostbite, I am using textures not from VBS1, but homegrown or from other sources not connected with VBS1 (though I wouldn't mind of course...)

I don´t know, still looks "toyish" to me. It seems main hull texture is just one color without any detail. Also there seem to be some mapping issues on the textures. And you are sure lighting is correct on the dropship, seems to be quite shiny. Me want more details less beauty shots wink_o.gif