Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

Gotcha man...  though these shots were taken with FRAPS so it may be a video card setting.

I think the issue may be that I use VBS1 instead of OFP (can't find OFP Resistance to save me) and the rendering may be the issue. And no people, nephilim is developing this for OFP specifically, just that VBS1 is the closest thing I got in order to develop this. Once she gives the okay, I transfer it over and she codes it for OFP.

No it's a OFP setting. OFP is brigther than normal, so when you take screenshots and look at them when not playing OFP, they look darker. It's a known 'problem'. DXDLL solves this a bit, but the best is to edit your pictures in photoshop or corol photopaint ect.

btw;

It looks awesome smile_o.gif

Thanks, I'll try that as in-game it's alot brighter and while workable, it's not what is seen here.

Okay I adjusted them.  There are the pics in-game.  I think it's still a little too bright green, but as I said it's workable until I figure something better out. The discrepancies in the first two shots are pre-remapping (still have some to do) with the new texture. I like the new effect much better (I had to use four layers....) and hopefully neph will agree....

where is the download link for that dropship ? it would look so good in a mission i`m making

Still Work in Progress? wink_o.gif

Now, after seeing Alien 1-3, plus a document of making the Alien saga, I know what you fellas are talking about... wink_o.gif

Keep on the good work!

blues.gif

@mrgreaper:  Not for download yet, as there's still alot more work to do (5 more other colorschemes: Desert, Flying Bananas, Air Superiority Blue-Gunship, A personal version for me and neph-unless she adds to it). Then again, that's also a call I can't make myself.

Yeah, it's alot of work, considering the mapping of each version of dropships (it's alot with 1024 x 1024 maps plus doing the color work, then formatting) plus the other stuff like the units, vehicles, coding.....

Well, I made some other progress, I got the Air Superiority Blue version mapped and now I just need to still adjust the standard one.

True, especially since it's going to be a two tone grey plus green splinter camo......  The fun isn't making it, it's getting it right biggrin_o.gif

I seem to have run into a major glitch in one case.... this:

untitled.jpg

For some reason the muzzle flash is showing up, even though I'm not firing the weapon......  Is there a way to fix this?  This is also the base camo for the 'Gunship' variant.  The only real difference right now for this camo is that it's not a true 'Gunship' variant as suggested earlier by nephilim.  By the Colonial Marines Technical Manual this dropship is part of the Tactical Group that is part of the Colonial Marines Aerospace Wing.  Major thing is that they fly unloaded (i.e. no APC or other cargo. The one in the movie is from the Drop Group) and represents DMLA-212 'Ricki's Raiders' (I have the insignia handy...), 3rd CMAW.   Though maybe I should put that in the config?  I'll have to ask nephilim about that one..

In reflection compared to the source plate, it's darker than it should be, but that'll be fixed. And ***friendlyfire*** if anything annoys me, is wraparound camo....

well,I had the same muzzle flash problem with certain addons(not all of them).like when I recently downloaded the Airwolf and Redwolf choppers.not only that but on cetrain tanks and cars the head and tail lights would stay on!I found out that another addon was the cause of these problems.So what I did was take out every community made addon and just left the basic,standard ones.the problem disappeared so I knew for sure that one of the addons caused it,then I added the others alphabetically in one by one untill I pinpointed the faulty one.

hope that helps

PS I do hope the dropship gets a shadow,just doesnt feel real without the shadows

Make sure the name of the .p3d is added to the cfgModels part of the config - and that the model has been binarized.

Me I'm only worth $438,920.00,that's more than enough for a new car,booze and packs of smokes!Where do I sign?

I think that was the problem, I modified the config.cpp and hopefully what I think will work will. I appreciate it Hellfish6.

Early WIP of the Gunship:

ds29.jpg

Oh yeah ***friendlyfire***, neph's is a two tone grey with sponge like stripes... best way I can describe it for now anyways...

how has it worked when that screenshot still shows the problem?

I took the shot before reading this post...

I guess I use the binarize tool... but won't this affect the model?

And another question is Hellfish6, how would I go about doing this...

just back the file up before making any changes

If you'd like, you can PM me the config and I can edit it for you. Sometimes just adding the cfgModels part of the config to the vehicle will fix it, sometimes you have to binarize the model with the config to do it (and if you binarize it, you can't readily open it in O2 anymore).

Okay. Neph will probably have my head for this one, but this is just too annoying.

Well, until I can figure out how to fix this problem (though Hellfish6 has been very helpful) I'm gonna have to wait until neph shows up to fix the Gunship and further versions (though I'm contemplating deleting the geometry for now, and I have it backed up smile_o.gif ).  However barring the bug on the Gunship, here's some shots:

ds30.jpg

ds31.jpg

ds32.jpg

ds33.jpg

As you can see the standard one has been touched up, as well as very bad looking exhaust, I guess I used too much sponge effect on it.....  I'm trying to work various stuff into the standard one I'm developing for the Gunship (highlights and other details) so more than likely you'll see more of both as it goes along until I get "done" with the first one.

And here's what my camo will generally look like:

su.jpg

And nephilim's chosen pattern:

neph.jpg

Spectacular!

Very nicely done 3d modeling and texturing too!I was wondering if the APC will be available in the same camos?And how are the marines coming along?that smartgun looks out of this world.Will it have autotracking capabilities as well?Or is that something not possible in OFP.

That's really a good question...... I know that right now only one (standard) camo is planned for the APC.  I can forsee a "Flying Bananas" version, since the dropship in question is painted in the same color, and by the CMTM it was in action there, though no color plates (unfortunately) were done of the APC, with the exception of the M579, and that was in the standard green.  I highly doubt an Air superiority one will be done obviously, and I don't have a personal camo in mind, but like I said, it's too early to tell right now.  Also keep in mind that I'm tackling one thing at a time, neph wants me to do the APC too, but I'm not a good vehicle texturer, but we'll see.  It's doable, but here's the Flying Bananas scheme (21st MAU Drop Group):

059.jpg

This will be perhaps be the most difficult one, as I have to have to extra-map the dropship.  Not a big deal per se, but when you're dealing with so many nodes.... though I figured an obvious way of handling that issue.

As for the Smart it will be essentially a missile launcher since OFP as far as I know doesn't allow autotracking weapons (which brings up in a way the way of tackling the Sentry Guns), least that's what I remember talking to her many moons ago.

But thanks bro, it's the support of the people who keep it going too smile_o.gif

Tracking missiles are dueable, some SU25 addon that got air to air missiles that seek and chase you very hard to shake em.

I'm sure it wouldn't be, just that's how she's approaching it.  Though the R-60 should be very easy to shake.  Then again, this is LOMAC experience, not OFP. Also, I meant that the Smart actually tracks via the articulation arm mounted and that obviously can't be done in OFP.