nephilim

Us colonial marines

ok dudes

any whises please post here:

u wanna the sulaco? post!

u wanna aliens ? post!

moremoremoremoremoremoremoremoremore

give it to me dudes!

Der bastler tantalized people with screens of the dropship. Are you working with him or starting anew?

I just want that dropship really. Nothing incredibly fancy. Like... 1024x768 rendered rivets on the wings. Just your garden variety addon that happens to be the dropship from aliens.

No performance robbing jpg textures. No immaculately modeled doodads that have absolutely no functional benefit. Although I've been known to comprimise out of sheer desperation  sad_o.gif

In the new ofp addon world where everyone's trying to make a filet mignon. All I really want are hamburgers. =P

I'm extremely easy to please as long as things are kept simple.

Of course these are my ideal addon preferences. You can make it whatever the hell you want. wink_o.gif

ok the dropship is say 90 % done smile_o.gif

vagabond only needs help on transport script

+

i´´ll contain some good script but they´re simple :P

anything else??

I'd like to see support weapons like the HIMAT, PIG (which I know Bastler was working on), the Smart Gun, M240 flamethrower, M5 RPG, M83A2 SADAR... you know, the fun stuff. I have a book I can scan if you wanna see.

Also, I'd like the see the tanks. The M40 Ridgeway and the M22 Jackson. smile_o.gif

the aliens are what i would like to see. w/out the mucus covered bugs to kill, there just isn't much to do w/ these nice looking colonial marines. is it possible to extract the models and textures from aliens vs preditor into ofp? than maybe a creative mission maker could make a co-op mission that has you raid a nest w/ some friends. than if a face hugger latches onto you, you will eventually become one of the aliens and go after your once fellow marines smile_o.gif don't know if that could be possible but it sure would be kinda fun smile_o.gif

I don't think that's true. Then again. I get pretty creative when it comes to mixing addons.

Now that I think of it. I smell a Mobile infantry vs USCMC grudge match in the making. biggrin_o.gif

The Colonial Marine handbook mentions lots of combat against other human beings. Personally, I think having Aliens would not be terribly interesting unless in close quarters. They don't stand a chance at ranges farther than 10m.

when Der bastler gave up the uscm mod he posted a file of all in-progress but unfinished addons in a .zip. I hope your not using the dropship from this pack because it isn't nearly accurate enough to the movie dropship, a lot better than I could do in O2 but not an addon that would stay on my HDD. Having said this, the faster you can get alien addons into my mod folders the happier I'll be tounge_o.gif

I was thinking of some kind of colony rebels myself...tha'd be cool.

The Weyland Yutani looked better in the screenshots than what I saw when i looked in the folders. crazy_o.gif

smile_o.gif We are in work on the company troops. (this was all delayed due to my pc getting messed up). I'll send out some screens shots or the other guys will to let you see how it is comming along.

The drop ship has been redone and the apc also has been redone. They look good and the guys are working hard on adding some cool scripts to them.

The warrior alien and the dog alien are done but are being tweeked to make it look good and work in game. I'm still working on some buildings and other stuff for the ALIEN planet and LV426.

(Also trying to make a static SULACO ship for ppl to use as a start point in missions and stuff)

Any ideas or if you would like to contribute just leave a note here or email us.

Well you guys got my support (albeit pathetic as it is.. I can't do that much in Flashpoint editing bar mission making smile_o.gif )

Is there any chance of seeing a predator skulking around at some point too?

An Alien AI system would a good script i guess. Just place a Facehugger on an island and let the script role. If it finds a victim, it places a queen embryo into the victims lungs and there you go.

Queen -> gets bigger -> lays eggs -> animals & human civilians trigger eggs, free facehuggers etc etc.

Every now and then another young queen is born and leaves the original hive to built up another one at a distant point.

Several hives build a security net - if one of them gets attacked, aliens from other hives will come to its 'rescue'.

You wait long enough and the whole landmass is conquered by the Alien AI.

at last!!

there are still people outta there who´d like to c thiy mod go on!!

as prototype said we´re working hard on it and we still need people like animators for our m56 smartgun trooper

also voiceactors maybe 1 more modeller

and advanced srcipter

Misson types

yeah mainly terrorists or rebelling colonists

(uscmc has only to protect colonists!!)

@ strangelelove

yes basically possible

i´m also working on and alien burster script whcih allows the chest burster to emerge from its victim(only need that burster !PROTOTYPE! smile_o.gif)

ok what more

yeah alien death script

(seen the sentry gun vaprovizing the aliens??)

maotion tracker and lots more

@C4P741N

new one is nearly done

@Hellfish6

[Personally, I think having Aliens would not be terribly interesting unless in close quarters. They don't stand a chance at ranges farther than 10m.]

i´d like to c u getting in trouble only with your pulserifel against say 500 alien?? HAVE FUN DUDE!!

so guys thats all

keep your eyes open fo pics soon smile_o.gif

@Hellfish6

would be cool i you could copy that manual

mine is gone somehow and i can only rember few things

thx anyway

just got news from vagabond

we have a smrtgun!!!

+

apc is tweak and nearly working coorect

Yes, I released a package with "unfinished business":

http://www.ofp-zone.de/bastler/bastler_unfinished.zip

The dropship included was created by Zippyo. There are also Weyland-Yutani security troops I nearly finished (click to see larger version):

weysec_01.gif weysec_02.gif

info page: http://www.ofp-zone.de/bastler/gb/uscmm.html

Plus, the WY rifle (a modified FN F2000, 99% finished), the plasma canon (model without textures, but particle scripts functioning) and some kind of portable .50 canon... crazy_o.gif

Well, the restrictions of OFP1 stopped me (script integration, soldier animation, animations in general) but I'll return with OFP2 --assuming I can get it to run on my OS...

Good to see somebody continuing the work. I hope you get the people play your addons --I never had the chance to test the Marines in real multiplayer matches...

We got a new apc model and some new company troops. I just converted some and I'll be sending them out to the guys for them to work on.

As far as the m244 incinerator that I saw posted on OFP.info. If you're incorporating any kind of scripts. Would you be modeling it after Mav's flamethrower or that... (sorry to say) crappy one done by the WH40k mod team? The one done by the WH40k team is self enclosed, that is to say it doesn't require a few in-map triggers, but the burning also doesn't "stick" to the target that well. If the person runs while burning the fire kind of stops, then reappears a few seconds later in the target's last position before it switched.

Mav's works excellent by comparison. The target actually looks like it's burning as opposed to some weird lagged out fire that has trouble keeping up.

*Begins to get ready for MP action*

This mod is gonna be so cool. Are you providing for the coop side of it?