Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Haiti president have left the building/haiti

really? fate of capital in hands of rebels seems to be imminent danger threat seems like a good indication to me.

<ralph takes some recreational substance>

i say this is actually work of French intelligence. It is no secret that many trust or are in favor of French. What happened was that French intelligence managed to get the rebels all geared up and send them to captial in bid to ouster Aristid. When that happened, they (French intelligence) knew US would take back its darling they reinstated, and let the rebels march up to capital.

By putting US in such position, Aristid would hate US and give out interview that he was kidnapped, fueling anti-US crowd, which would work for France.

Nah, they were still kilometers away when he was removed or was evacuated if you will. I honestly don't know for sure, but to me it looks rather odd.

However this nice even in Zimbabwe, how do you explain that one. tounge_o.gif

Yeah a few... but they will get to the real story after investigation for sure.

Nah, they were still kilometers away when he was removed or was evacuated if you will.  I honestly don't know for sure, but to me it looks rather odd.

However this nice even in Zimbabwe, how do you explain that one.  tounge_o.gif

the pink elephant is telling not ot answer that....groovy....

the description that came from haiti when the rebels were up inarms was pretty desperate. the words on US news was that the rebels manged to march upto the capital, and the police were no where to be seen or was hopelssly outnumbered.

about zimabwe, maybe Mugabe is bitching again. On the other hand, I won't be surprised if that plane's contents were that of 'civilian contract workers' that we see in Iraq.

While personally I'd like to see Mugabe swinging from a gallows (moreso than Saddam), I don't think that the US would send mercenaries to overthrow him.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the "mercenaries" were just that, but I seriously doubt that Zimbabwe was their target. More likely they were en route to provide physical security to a mine or oil refinery somewhere and had to land in Zimbabwe.

One day the facts will come out, we'll see. smile_o.gif A lot of speculation at the moment.

While personally I'd like to see Mugabe swinging from a gallows (moreso than Saddam), I don't think that the US would send mercenaries to overthrow him.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the "mercenaries" were just that, but I seriously doubt that Zimbabwe was their target. More likely they were en route to provide physical security to a mine or oil refinery somewhere and had to land in Zimbabwe.

Why didn't Sadam kill like 200,000 people?

He did, single handedly eh. Wait how many did Bush kill? is it 15000 20000 or 30000 or perhaps 45000? Do you know?

Why didn't Sadam kill like 200,000 people?

Body count doesn't mean anything to me, honestly. Saddam could have killed 5 billion for all I care... I just think Mugabe is a horrible person and a worse leader. Zimbabwe had real promise to develop into a great country. I don't think anyone's ever said that for Iraq, pre or post-Saddam.

I dont think anyone knows how many people are dead or dying in Mugabes present regime, there can only be estimates, but a large segment of the population is on the brink of starvation and some have already died (largely thanks to Mugabes efforts and despicable policies such as only supplying food to his ruling Zanu P.F. party supporters- not to mention the whole process of illegal and badly planned land redistribution by murderous thugs).

Yes, another wonderful holiday destination for aid workers and in the future quite possibly foreign troops.

I dont think anyone knows how many people are dead or dying in Mugabes present regime, there can only be estimates, but a large segment of the population is on the brink of starvation and some have already died (largely thanks to Mugabes efforts and despicable policies such as only supplying food to his ruling Zanu P.F. party supporters- not to mention the whole process of illegal and badly planned land redistribution by murderous thugs).

Yes, another wonderful holiday destination for aid workers and in the future quite possibly foreign troops.

Holy ridiculously long posts Batman! John Wayne's back! How's it going bud? smile_o.gif

Boy o boy, check this one out

Zimbabwe halts US aircraft with 64 Mercenaries on board with military equipment.  The plane was siezed due to a false claim on cargo contents.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArt....4522062

r1096284690.jpg

Zimbabwe military officials hold up wire cutters in this video frame grab March 8, 2004 to reporters who were taken aboard a U.S.-registered cargo plane which was impounded on Sunday evening in Harare. Zimbabwe has seized a U.S.-registered cargo plane which the government said on March 8, 2004 carried 64 suspected mercenaries of various nationalities and a cargo of military gear but no weapons. The Boeing 727-100 aircraft was impounded on Sunday evening at Harare International Airport 'after its owners had made a false declaration of its cargo and crew,' said Home Affairs (Interior) Minister Kembo Mohadi in a statement.

Wire cutters, a broom, and a stick. They were janitors, not mercenaries.

biggrin_o.gif

Great article. This link will die in a few days when the story is archived and then you have to pay to retrieve them. Get it while it's hot.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2099-1025783,00.html

Quote[/b] ]This is a city built on sh**. That's not a euphemism: it's a stinking, sick dung mire that stretches as far as the eye can see, riven with streams of diarrhoeic runny shite that splatter the beaches and leak out to sea. It's like the battlefield of some gastric Somme, with sunshine. Nothing grows here but shredded plastic and disease. It's so disgusting and inhospitable that there are barely any flies. Naked children sit and play in slimy holes, their houses rusted corrugated lean-tos that teeter and clank; occasional brick sheds squat with black, paneless windows.

Tex[uSMC]-

Quote[/b] ]Holy ridiculously long posts Batman! John Wayne's back! How's it going bud?  

Hey, thnx for the welcome Tex (i have been stealthily posting for a while), and since you ask crazy_o.gif  ... on friday night i was wrestling with a good friend (dont ask) when we fell down a flight of stairs and through a glass door. Grazed and bruised all over and a couple of inches of flesh from my right elbow are missing. I cant bend my arm properly at the moment. Saw lots of (my) blood. Eight injections (which i hate most) and stitches. Feel like crap. Apart from that im A-ok biggrin_o.gif (actually its a miracle im not worse off)

Thanks for the posting the article Pipski (havent checked out the Times for a while). Ill say this for him, i dont think ive ever got really bored reading an A.A. Gill article (although he is a bit obsessed by beetles).

Judging by his article a foreign invasion by French or US imperialist dogs might actually be the best thing (for stability, the Haitian economy etc), hard to see how Haiti could get much worse off. Why anyone would want to invade it though...