Sign in to follow this  
Colossus

Aggressive and cowardly admins

I have seen more and more aggressive acts from admins these days.

Just shooting a few rounds of mortars on there base could get your self be kicked from the game. This is a really cowardly act. Instead of trying to find the mortar they rather kick you, just becouse they don't like the way you acted.

Most of these actions happens with pretty skilled admins, and I think this is really a silly thing to do for an admin that have been playing this game for a while.

I think admins shouldn't be active in the game while the game is on, becouse the admin can have an effect on the game itself.

I don't know the couse of those kicks, but I really think that some admins that can't find the problem just get rid of it the problem instead.

One message to skilled and unskilled admins:

Grow up. There are no rules in war, the same goes to wargames.

Why is that so impossible to see that?

If you shoot mortars into someones spawn ofcourse you will be kicked.

I'd kick you too if you were spawncamping.

There are rules in war, and there are DEFINTIELY rules in wargames. Don't follow the rules in wargames and you'll find yourself welcome at less and less of them.

You guys are the porf of the cowardness.

The base is anyway a target that can and will be used as a mortar target. Its not my problem that they get hit by a mortar. Its the whole meaning of it.

If you were a bit more smarter you would have build a hospital, to respawn at, another place then the base.

Poor defence, sry it doent convince me that mortar attacks is on the base is wrong of me.

Spawncamping and mortaring are 2 different things though, camping is when you go and hide in the enemy base, then gun them all down when they respawn. Mortaring is using mortars/artillery to attempt to blow the enemy up so they can't attack you as well/with as many people.

Camping is an unforgivable act, mortaring is a way of softening your enemy up a bit.

It's up to the Admin to make a decision.

Camping is an unforgivable act, mortaring is a way of softening your enemy up a bit.

That I fully agree on.

I agree that they are 2 different things. As somebloke already explained, camping is when you wait in you enemies respawn area and kill whoever spawns. That is totally different than an ambush or an Artillary Attack.

It's very simple: the enemy's spawn is off-limits. You don't fire into it, and you don't go near it. Doing so demonstrates that the only effective way you have of locating the enemy is going to the one place on the map where the enemy is always going to be (not to mention that he's vulnerable, having just spawned). That means you're a weak player, and it reflects poorly on your skills.

And as far as using the word 'cowardly' in the context of an online game, I suggest you put things into perspective. People play to have a good time, and most people I know don't regard being killed by idiots who have no respect for spawn zones as having a good time.

Ahh i think I understand where your coming from, you was playing CTI correct? Then yep mortaring is a good way to clear a base of enemy AI and MG posts before pushing in. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well correct me if im wrong but AFAIK the player may choose where to respawn. (In CTI that is)

Yes. I didnt know it was CTI he was talking about, you can spawncamp as much as you like in CTI since the enemy can just change spawn position. If they can only spawn in the base that you have to destroy it would be pretty hard to destroy it without spawnkilling.

Spawnkilling in CTF and other maps with fixed spawn where you shouldnt spawnkill is very lame.

The mentioning of respawn points and hospitals led me to the conclusion its CTI smile_o.gif

Yeah people get emotional when they lose, and I agree sometimes kick totally unfairly. You have a responsibility to control your childish emotions before you knick someone IMO. biggrin_o.gif

Heh...maybe he shoudl've said it was CTI from the get-go. Yes, in CTI, go ahead and unleash hell. But if you spawncamp on any other map, by goingin there or using mortars or anything, you suck ;)

As for cowardly? More like frustrated. If you go in and mortar someone's base within the first 30min of a CTI they get understandably aggravated since they possibly want to build up forces and have a nice bash with the opposition.

Heh...maybe he shoudl've said it was CTI from the get-go.

hehe ops! A BIG mistake there.

Yes, this is about CTI.

Im screwed crazy_o.gif

Yeah people get emotional when they lose, and I agree sometimes kick totally unfairly.  You have a responsibility to control your childish emotions before you knick someone IMO.  biggrin_o.gif

Couldnt agree more there.

I(sort of) agree with what everybody thought Colossus was saying at first - 'There are no rules in war, the same goes for wargames.'

Now I'm not saying that I spawncamp in CTFs, but I do think that something is wrong with the design of the missions(and/or the game) when this is a problem at all, it shouldn't be a social skill issue. Imagine if all players had a big button saying 'crash server' or 'make lag for everyone' then people would know to ask for it to be removed. The superior solution is NOT to try and educate OFP gamers to not push it, it IS a solution to remove the button. Spawn camping and especially borderline spawn camping(because there is a big grey zone there) will continue as long as CTFs have that feature - period.

I am a proud 'camper'(assuming that I have not misunderstood the word) which in this thread seams to be synonymous with spawn camping. Can someone please confirm that 'camping' is bad in CS only...Or I'll get kicked by those nasty admins for not speaking OFP. rock.gif

There are rules in games and they are made by the people playing the game. One rule on our server is that we ban cheaters and antisocials.

If he got kicked from a server then it could have been a "bad" admin, but it also could have been that he violated some rule on that server. Ultimately, the admin has the final say, it's his server. Don't like it? Play on another server. Don't find a server where you don't get kicked? Pay for your own server.

This has nothing to do with the act of motaring bases in cti, i do that myself. But if you don't follow the rules on our server i would at least kick you too, most probably even ban you as i don't believe in kicks.

Actually, if this would have happened on my server i would ban you right now, as i know my co-admins are ok and you must have misbehaved to get booted at all and i wouldn't want them seen put down here on the board. And especially for your statement that there are no rules in (war) games. This is so much an antisocial statement, as your are effectively stating that it is ok to flame, insult, cheat, etc in ofp.

Quote[/b] ]And especially for your statement that there are no rules in (war) games. This is so much an antisocial statement, as your are effectively stating that it is ok to flame, insult, cheat, etc in ofp.

No, I disagree completely, these are seperate issues. All the things you mention are covered by basic social skills. They are not rules of OFP, they are rules of society and anyone doing these things will know that they are not acceptable. On a public server you might get new players who do not speak the language, who do not know the rules and who have not played the game for more than a few hours or even minutes...They will know not to flame, but how could they possibly know not to shoot the enemy?

All I am saing is that any setup that does not require OFP-specific social skills is better that one that does.

I am definately not advocating or practicing bad online behaviour. smile_o.gif

One rule on our server is that we ban cheaters

That I can agree on

Quote[/b] ]If he got kicked from a server then it could have been a "bad" admin
Acually it was a 88th member (Im not telling his name, that would be rude)

And I don´t do insults.

Reminds me of the STO server, they kick you because they were loosing.

Not our fault your loosers...

well at first when reading this i thought you were talking about a ctf or something in which case i would call you a no good spawn camper..but seeing that it was a CTI and one of my men doing this can change things.  I don't think it was me and if it was for some reason sry about that.  But email me at Killbox90@hotmail.com and let me know who it was... some of the guys get drunk and do shit that they shouldn't.

Edit: FYI, you spelled 'rude' wrong.