Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Kuma|war

On Fileplanet I have just noticed a beta test (for Subscribers Only) for a game called kuma war.

Quote[/b] ]Kuma Reality Games builds re-creations of real-world events using advanced gaming tools. Kuma\War, the first Kuma Reality Game, is a first and third-person tactical squad-based game that provides multiple updates monthly to the consumer's computer to reflect unfolding events in the real world. Each month Kuma\War subscribers will receive playable missions, video news shows, extensive intelligence gathered from news sources around the world, and insight from a decorated team of military veterans.

Sounds good,  And the trailer doesnt look THAT bad.

Hmmm not sure if I like the idea of a real world event becoming a mission the following day for your shiny new pay-as-you-play action-simulation game, judged solely on the game's merits though it looks ok smile_o.gif

Hmm, I'm not keen on this at all. I don't mind playing games or watching films about wars or events once they've dropped out of the public consciousness (give it about five years). For example, the Gulf War and the Russian/Afghan War I can deal with, but not the Iraq War or the recent conflict in Afghanistan... The first two are modern history, the last two are current events. The day when new reports about war become entertainment will be a sad day alright   sad_o.gif