Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

Btr-t released

Frostbite, you can't use the same barrel for two calibers, 25mm and 30mm. wink_o.gif

It uses one or the other, [25mm HE and AP] or [30mm HE and AP].

EDIT: Google sez 2A42 30mm

I know that gollum, but I still don't understand his point;

is the ammo ingame 25mm AND 30mm (which I thought is what what he meant)

You can use a different caliber ammo (like 25mm) in 30mm barrel. But you do need a technical plastic spacer around the ammo to fill the 5mm space. It can be done, but it aint gonna be pretty.

Where do you see (ingame) that the ammo is 30mm and 25mm? I can't find it.

In my game also it says "30mm cannon AP" and "30mm cannon HE" for the ammo. I really can't find a 25mm ammotype anywhere rock.gif So what's the bug?

This is a really nice addon. The Resistance versions are the best IMO, but i also like the camo pattern russian version.

RE the BMP-T AKM74 posted a link to about 20 pictures of a version of it a while back. If you are interested i'll find the post.

@PSC

Sorry, my bad, the problem applies to all BTR-T versions. I've looked into the fired-script and it's OK.

Actually the 30mmHE.ogg causes lag! As I deleted it from the config, the BTR-T was working normally without causing lag when firing the 30mm gun.

A truly beautiful addon. Great fun driving around in the BTR-T and raise hell. blues.gif

I had a quick look at the config and found a quirk. It's the classical old addon dependency thing. The addon uses weapons based on ones that are defined in the BIS BMP-2 addon. Therefore, in order for this addon to behave properly both when editing missions and having it on a dedicated server, one has to add a requiredAddons[] declaration. This is how the class CfgPatches part looks now:

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgPatches

{

class BTRT_A

{

units[]={"BTRT_A_camo", "BTRT_A_camo_FIA", "BTRT_A_oliv", "BTRT_A_oliv_FIA", "BTRT_A_FIA", "BTRT_A_FIA_2", "BTRT_A_turret", "BTRT_A_turret_oliv", "BTRT_A_turret_fia"};

weapons[]={"HellfireLauncherBTRT", "BTRT_Cannon30HE", "BTRT_Cannon30AP", "BTRT_Cannon30"};

requiredVersion=1.9;

};

};

And this is how it looks after adding the proper addon dependency declaration:

Quote[/b] ]

class CfgPatches

{

class BTRT_A

{

units[]={"BTRT_A_camo", "BTRT_A_camo_FIA", "BTRT_A_oliv", "BTRT_A_oliv_FIA", "BTRT_A_FIA", "BTRT_A_FIA_2", "BTRT_A_turret", "BTRT_A_turret_oliv", "BTRT_A_turret_fia"};

weapons[]={"HellfireLauncherBTRT", "BTRT_Cannon30HE", "BTRT_Cannon30AP", "BTRT_Cannon30"};

requiredVersion=1.9;

<span style='color:green'>requiredAddons[]={bmp2};</span>

};

};

Another thing I noticed is the lack of use of an OFPEC tag to name the addon and parts internal to it (including any global variables an addon uses in its scripting). One can imagine this addon being called "PSC_BTRT_A" or "JOE_BTRT_A" (I don't know if either or both of these are Sebastian's tags, but you get the picture). These days, not using tags is so...2001 tounge_o.gif

Again, a great addon just like all the others you have made. Cheers!

@killswithch

thanks for the config issues solved. I'm sure sebastian will fix it. I only tested for bugs in SP.

@vektorboson

could be solved by using a different sound. I love the sound, thoguh. So I think it shouldn't change. Perhaps a low-specs version can be made with a different sound.

@thirtyg

found it for you:

http://armor.kiev.ua/Tanks/Modern/bmpt/

could be solved by using a different sound. I love the sound, thoguh. So I think it shouldn't change. Perhaps a low-specs version can be made with a different sound.

I think that the sound is nice too, and I don't demand changing the sound; it's probably an encoding bug or something. Perhaps it would be better to use WSS instead of OGG, or reencoding to OGG.

Other sounds are working for me without problems, so it's not a matter of Low- or High-Spec PC  wink_o.gif

smile_o.gif  Just to proof I'm not crazy

http://supah.chaotic.nl/example.jpg

ok, you've proven it now, but it must be something caused by another addon. The BTR-T uses the 30mm cannon from BIS, so some addon you have changes the BIS 30mm HE to 25mm. Check if you have the same prob on the BMP2 and M2A2

edit while still typing:

The HE ammo if from the M2A2. I'm not sure why it takes the ammo name from the M2A2

Yup official addons also have it.. So it's not caused by the BTR-T.. sorry for the mistake sad_o.gif

Ok, thanks for the bug reports. I can add a WSS file for the 30mm sound in the update. Also I'll add this required addons thing. However, the addon is for OFP version > 1.9, so everybody with that version should have the BMP 2 automatically installed.

And thanks for the BMP-T website. If only somebody would have a proper blueprint now wink_o.gif

Ok, thanks for the bug reports. I can add a WSS file for the 30mm sound in the update. Also I'll add this required addons thing. However, the addon is for OFP version > 1.9, so everybody with that version should have the BMP 2 automatically installed.

Great. About addon dependencies: the fact that everyone has the BIS BMP-2 is actually not enough. Any addon that depends on another addon needs to have the proper dependency chain declared. Otherwise, problems will occur when one puts addons into mod folders.

Try this: make a new folder in your OFP folder. Lets call it "psc". Inside that, make another folder called "addons". Put the original BTRT_A.pbo into the OFP\psc\addons folder.

Now make a new shortcut to OFP. Edit it to read something like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Programs\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=psc

(This would be for a shortcut to the beta (now at 1.96) version)

Start OFP from that shortcut and load the mission "C02: Battlefields"

I'll bet you'll get the error dialog "Cannot load mission: missing addons btrt_a". Seem odd, huh? I mean, that mission doesn't have the BTR-T in it, now does it? However, that mission does have BMP-2:s in it.

Why the error message? The BTR-T addon depends on the BMP-2 and without declaring that dependency, one side-effect is that missions that have BMP-2:s in them will complain about missing the BTR-T even though they don't use it.

Now add the dependency fix to the addon and try the same thing. Tadaa! Problem solved.

Yeah, I fear I think too much "human" like for to be a proper addon maker biggrin_o.gif

Good advice killswitch!  

That's a small bug (concerning the BMP-2) but still anything to make this addon better is great. I look forward to updates of the BTR-T.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great that you're changing the sound to WSS, it was sometimes lagging like hell for me while firing. wow_o.gif

It should improve performance, like using .pac textures is faster than .jpg

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!! biggrin_o.gif

This is a classic example of constructive critism and addon related discussion. This is what the forum should be. Many thanks to you for finding bugs and helping to improve this great addon!!!

@FW200

no prob, dude. But you might want to find out what addon is causing it. After that you could contact the addonmaker so he can fix the bug in his addon. I hope you did look at the BMP-2 and not just at the M2A2?? Cause the M2A2 uses the 25mm and not the 30mm, so it's supposed to have the 25mm cannon HE shell for ammo biggrin_o.gif

Indeed, a truly excellent addon. Fantastic work PSC.

Apart from what has allready been mentioned here, there I one more issue that I have (although it may be my system) and that is that the engine/running sound is very bassy and makes my sound system "crackle" and fuzz...

I'd expect that from an onboard card, but not from a soundblaster Audidgy Plat.

I'll investigate further and see what I come up with, but as a suggestion, wss sounds are much more stable, and faster in the game engine than wav or ogg.

Excellent work PSC!

Indeed, a truly excellent addon. Fantastic work PSC.

Apart from what has allready been mentioned here, there I one more issue that I have (although it may be my system) and that is that the engine/running sound is very bassy and makes my sound system "crackle" and fuzz...

I'd expect that from an onboard card, but not from a soundblaster Audidgy Plat.

I'll investigate further and see what I come up with, but as a suggestion, wss sounds are much more stable, and faster in the game engine than wav or ogg.

Excellent work PSC!

I never had that problem.

Are think you loved it too much and turned up the volume a bit too much and blew up your speakers wink_o.gif Seriously; I'm not sure what's causing it, but I realy think it's your rig.

My onboard soundcard (don't laugh) is working fine smile_o.gif