Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

Btr-t released

I never had that problem.

Are think you loved it too much and turned up the volume a bit too much and blew up your speakers wink_o.gif  Seriously; I'm not sure what's causing it, but I realy think it's your rig.

My onboard soundcard (don't laugh) is working fine  smile_o.gif

Its strange that it only does it to this and the RHS tanks...

everything else is fine...

wierd...

Whew I just saw that it was released!!!! woo hooo!!! Sebastian realy makes some great addons! biggrin_o.gif

I even have his speed bike ..i didn't know he made it!! hmmm...wait...and the glider trikes too....and......whew...its always something good!!

I'm glad everyone is liking the explosions....Sebastian has great creativity...and knew exactly the way he wanted it smile_o.gif

I'm not sure why its crashing out...it doesn't happen to me. When i was writing the scripts I did several tests with about 9 or so of the different BTR-T versions exploding at the same time or in sequences in a 25 m area. I'll try looking at it though...

Indeed, a truly excellent addon. Fantastic work PSC.

Apart from what has allready been mentioned here, there I one more issue that I have (although it may be my system) and that is that the engine/running sound is very bassy and makes my sound system "crackle" and fuzz...

I'd expect that from an onboard card, but not from a soundblaster Audidgy Plat.

I'll investigate further and see what I come up with, but as a suggestion, wss sounds are much more stable, and faster in the game engine than wav or ogg.

Excellent work PSC!

Usually when your soundcard is crackling that usually indicates a memory problem of some sort. I used to have this happen alot on my old computer. It may have something to do with the soundcard drivers as well.

But even now, if I try playing several missions on OFP without closing and restarting the whole game, sometimes my soundcard will start crackling.

To be quite honest, I think that the engine sound does not have ENOUGH bass in the sound. I would prefer a lower pitched "meatier" thundering sound that really makes you feel like heavy armor is coming your way. I did this with the Lost Brothers upcoming Merkava and Centurion tanks and it feels so much cooler when you're rolling into combat with this monsterous thundering sound...or vice versa...you feel a sense of dread if you're on the other side and you hear the low rumble of approaching enemy heavy armor. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I never had that problem.

Are think you loved it too much and turned up the volume a bit too much and blew up your speakers wink_o.gif  Seriously; I'm not sure what's causing it, but I realy think it's your rig.

My onboard soundcard (don't laugh) is working fine  smile_o.gif

Its strange that it only does it to this and the RHS tanks...

everything else is fine...

wierd...

I had that problem too DM. Ripped out the cursed Soundblaster card and now it runs just fine on my onboard smile_o.gif I had a creative live 5.1 .... they truely suck with OFP smile_o.gif

IMO...this addon has raised the bar a good number of notches smile_o.gif gonna be a tough one to top...I hope other addon makers look at this as a new benchmark,its diffenately earned its place up there with the rest of the great addons in OPFLASH.Well done.

I'm not sure about that and I don't know if it was pointed previously in the topic but...BTR-T/BMP-4 aren't supposed to be amphibious APC ?

If yes, don't forget "CanFloat=true" in the update.

I didn't see any radar in gunner neither in driver position, I think BTR-T should have one at least more performant than old BIS BMP's. (Maybe Sigma could help to define appropriate values ?)

IMHO the shell ejected from 25mm canon look a bit too bright, so here a little gift

I have an SB Live! 5.1 too, and all vehicle sounds crackle like hell if I don't switch from third person to third person while in the vehicle. Fun playing Veteran mode with that wink_o.gif It worked fine under Win98, but XP with the newest drivers messed things up. rock.gif

Same thing with this addon, but no worse.

Thanks for the texture. Are those shells really green?

As far as I know the BTR-T (since derived from the T-55) cannot float. I think I've read somewhere that it's floating depth is around 1,4 or 1,5 m and with special snorkel a bit more than 3 m. But maybe that was for the T-55. Can't remember rock.gif

About the radar: If somebody knows how to add that to a vehicle with gunner/driver only, I'd be gratefull to read how to add it. This at least: "gunnerCanSee=canSeeRadar" doesn't work.

I think I'll change all sounds to WSS if that helps to prevent lag.

Very nice addon, PSC.

Btw, dein Bremen-Buggy gefällt mir auch sehr gut.   biggrin_o.gif

Thats what's so wierd... I've got a Soundblaster Audigy Platinum... and I sure as hell wouldn't expect crackling or fuzz from that crazy_o.gif

I did some more testing last night, and it only ever occurs when you first start the engine, when you are in the "interior" view of the vehicle.

Very VERY strange...

I'm not sure about that and I don't know if it was pointed previously in the topic but...BTR-T/BMP-4 aren't supposed to be amphibious APC ?

If yes, don't forget "CanFloat=true" in the update.

I didn't see any radar in gunner neither in driver position, I think BTR-T should have one at least more performant than old BIS BMP's. (Maybe Sigma could help to define appropriate values ?)

IMHO the shell ejected from 25mm canon look a bit too bright, so here a little gift

no, the BTR-T (or BMP-4) and the BMP-T are NOT amphibious. THey are based on the T-55 (BTR-T) and t-72/T-90 (BMP-T) chassis. The idea behind the vehicles is that the amphibious APC's (like the BMP 1 to 3, BTR 60 to 90 ect ect) are way to lightly armored to stand a chance agianst an RPG.

Although an RPG can destroy a T-55 with little trouble, the people inside still have a very high chance of getting out alive and unhurt after a hit. That is more than we can say of the BTR-80, for example.

The israelies are going the same way: away from light fast APC's to slow and heavy APC's. THe US thinks that fast vehicles can respond quickly and very usefull in urban combat because of it's speed. But what do you need all that speed for if the vehicle is doomed to be destroyed by the very first RPG that hit's it?

I don't think the shell is too bright. It's bright material in RL, so I don't see why it shouldn't be bright in OFP. And it shouldn't be green ayway. Perhaps a good source for a texture:

30mm US ammo

It's US ammo. I'm not completely sure what color the russian ammo is.

Thats what's so wierd... I've got a Soundblaster Audigy Platinum... and I sure as hell wouldn't expect crackling or fuzz from that crazy_o.gif

I did some more testing last night, and it only ever occurs when you first start the engine, when you are in the "interior" view of the vehicle.

Very VERY strange...

Try turning the Hardware acceleration off in the sounds options.

That did for me.

I allso noticed that When I have a very big mod folder with alot of addons, I get some extrange sound cracling every once in a while.

But what you guys are on about I only have it with Hardware acceleration on.

@CERO.

I absolutely LOVE this addon! biggrin_o.gif And I can't wait for the RHS-compatible version. I'm a great fan of Russian armour. ;)

P.S.: Do you plan on making versions with different turret configurations in the future, perhaps? smile_o.gif Just an idea, though.

Do you think you could also add the sparks to the explosions when the vehicle pops it top?  I think this would better simulate the ammo cookoff.  Anyway I love your work and hope to see this implemented with other vehicles...

Brilliant stuff...  it's so hard to get this shot with the randomised explosions... lol

BTRTPoptop01.jpg

BTRTPoptop02.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find the version with the Gunner/30mmHE/AT switch problem fixed?  I understood that this has been fixed by Sebastian.  However my version still has this error.  If the update has been released could I have a link?  If it hasn't I'll wait patiently until it is.  biggrin_o.gif  Thanks

The israelies are going the same way: away from light fast APC's to slow and heavy APC's. THe US thinks that fast vehicles can respond quickly and very usefull in urban combat because of it's speed. But what do you need all that speed for if the vehicle is doomed to be destroyed by the very first RPG that hit's it?

What are you going to do with all that armor when you rumble onto the scene 5 minutes after the attackers have scampered off and left bodies in their wake? smile_o.gif

Just a point, I'm sure heavily armored APCs are very useful.

Do you think you could also add the sparks to the explosions when the vehicle pops it top? I think this would better simulate the ammo cookoff. Anyway I love your work and hope to see this implemented with other vehicles...

Brilliant stuff... it's so hard to get this shot with the randomised explosions... lol

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/yesquite/BTRTPoptop01.jpg

img]http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/yesquite/BTRTPoptop02.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find the version with the Gunner/30mmHE/AT switch problem fixed? I understood that this has been fixed by Sebastian. However my version still has this error. If the update has been released could I have a link? If it hasn't I'll wait patiently until it is. biggrin_o.gif Thanks

Nice screens! I had a testversion for some time that only had 30mm HE ammo. It was nice because they (AI) attacked helicopters and planes, but not armoured targets. So I added AT again. You could try to remove all weapons and add only "BTRT_Cannon30" and "BTRT_Cannon30HE" via init line.

your site seems to be still offline and i cant d/l from .cz

Quote[/b] ]Nice screens! I had a testversion for some time that only had 30mm HE ammo. It was nice because they (AI) attacked helicopters and planes, but not armoured targets. So I added AT again. You could try to remove all weapons and add only "BTRT_Cannon30" and "BTRT_Cannon30HE" via init line.

BTR-T engage armored mainly with ATGM.

BTR-T engage infantry only with canon.

So canon's ammunition should be configured for soft target.

Player always or often load HE when boarding as gunner (because of the blast radius).

AI should do same instead engaging infantry with Armor Piercing rounds...

Here my suggestion :

Inside class BTRT_Cannon30, replace

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">magazines[]={"BTRT_Cannon30AP","BTRT_Cannon30HE"};

by <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">magazines[]={"BTRT_Cannon30HE","BTRT_Cannon30AP"};

(BTRT_Cannon30HE loaded first)

Yeah, thats a good idea. I tried that as well, but it seems like AP always comes first. No matter how you order the ammo in the config. Another solution would be to make 2 guns instead of one gun that uses 2 magazines. That should work.

I'm definately loving this addon, but i'm having a minor glitch with the gun firing sound. The gun itself fires as normal, but the sound is non-continous. I seem to be the only person having this problem around here. Anyone have any ideas

Cheers,

Marcus