Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

Btr-t released

Awesome addon, looking really good.

But I noticed a minor bug, you can't turn the engine off.

This will most likely be the next addon included in my edited mfcti smile_o.gif

What you mean with "can't turn off the engine"? I can use the action menu entry to do so. And it works. Only sometimes if the vehicle is on a steep slope it doesn't. rock.gif

yes, Sebastian is right. I just checked it too. It's a basic hardcoded action for the driver in OFP. I don't even think it's possible to remove it. I can turn of the engine without problems.

I'm at school now, but does this thing take punishment from RPG-7's?

Also I seem to remember pictures of the BTR-T with a lot thicker side skirts (for RPG protection) then the ones in this addon. But maybe I'm mistaken. But at any rate it looks great and I can't wait to get home to try this puppy out!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

perhaps those had reactice armor tiles attached. (which is a very evil thing to do when your an APC). The pictures I've seen are like the addon. The green/desert tan cammo is also based on the photo of this tank

http://www.naoruzanje.paracin.co.yu/btr-t2.jpg

version with different MG;

http://www.naoruzanje.paracin.co.yu/btr-t1.jpg

version with one missile:

http://www.naoruzanje.paracin.co.yu/btr-t3.jpg

page about different amament version: (see bottum page)

http://arms.ashst.com/apc/btrt.htm

Perhaps something to consider for the second version? wink_o.gif

you could also do a pack with the russian version of the bradley, the BMPT:

http://www.hudi2.republika.pl/BMPT.htm

Oh, sorry I got carried away by my enthousiasm  smile_o.gif

[edit] I think you must have seen this:

http://www.sistemasdearmas.hpg.ig.com.br/vbiptemsah1.jpg

on this page:

http://www.sistemasdearmas.hpg.ig.com.br/vbip4.htm

It's the temsah, a simular vehicle as the BTR-T; an APC that is a much modified Centurion chassis and was built in Sth Africa

@ Bonko the Sane

i have the same problem...

i have test a group of Btr-t vs. resistance at and law soldiers and the game crash with blue screen after hit the 2 or 3 btr-t.

after the first 2 crashs i have test opf with no addons and is the same problem as with addons.....

The BTR-T looks indeed cool, but (having a rather weak PC) I noticed that as soon as the BTR-T fires it eats a lot of CPU-power, so OFP is lagging for me. It happened to me with the East/Olive-Version.

I don't know why, but the shooting effect (smoke and an ejecting shell) shouldn't be that CPU-intensive.  rock.gif

I'll look into the scripts when I have time...

not seen this mentioned so far, and this is something ive wanted to see in OFP for a long time!

screenshot

notice, the turret seperate from the chasis. pretty spectacular seeing it fly up in the air wow_o.gif

excelent work!

It is one of the best addon - thank you

I changed track - maybe its not perfect but I think that looks bether now.

BTRT1.JPG

BTRT2.JPG

great addon .. just after i finished these lines i´ll be away playing with it. and again the little details make me laugh..

sauber_machen.jpg

perfect follow up to the "superpuschen . nagelschreck" tounge_o.gif

As allways. I love this guys work. So a mighty cheer goes up from me. Nice work. smile_o.gif

Ah ok, I was confusing this with the BMPT which is I believe also based off of the T-55 tank chasis, but has the heavy armor sideskirts to help protect against RPG fire.  It is closer to the Israeli heavy APC's like the Puma and Achzarit which can withstand RPGs.  

So I hope someone will make a BMPT as well perhaps based off of this addon.

Aaaahh.... the site is down?   NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!!  PLEASE SOMEONE MIRROR THIS ADDON!!!!   DON'T TORTURE ME!!!!!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sites not down. When I made my post 4 minutes ago. Thats when i stated downloading. And it still is.

Wow, I'm really impressed now I've had some time to play with them. I like the reactive armour explosions when one of these beauties takes a hit especially, and the turret getting blown off... that's a wonderful touch. First time it happened to me was one of the coolest OFP moments I've ever seen: my resistance team was defending the ruins of a town against the Russians, who were rolling BTR-80s and BTR-T's against us. Due to the fact that armoured vehicles don't last long in built up areas, I started racking up plenty of kills with my RPG-7, until the ammo crate at my position got emptied. I decided to run across the main street and to grab some rockets off the body of a dead RPGer, only to find myself almost getting squashed by a BTR-T. I fluked it and managed to grab the rockets I needed, before putting one into the skirts of the BTR-T. The gunner took his time swinging the turret round, and I put another in the side. Just before the 30mm let rip, I decided to fall back, but he tracked me with the cannon until I got behind a building. The BTR-T rolled up to the street towards where I was hiding, so I burst out of cover and loosed off my last rocket, and knocked it out. The crew got out an were just about to get away before it brewed up and killed them. The turret was blasted off and I watched it, not believing my eyes, until it landed about six inches away from me! crazy_o.gif

best addon EVAR!11!1!!!  rock.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I really like the turrent being blown off (addon makers take note)

and the sparks when i hit it with my rpg smile_o.gif

seems like im stuck in a dream..

this addon is quite simply the best biggrin_o.gif

Now that I've finally downloaded the addon and heavily tested it, I have to agree. This addon is AMAZING!!! It's exactly what the Russians needed. The only downside is that against the Chechnyan rebel addon, their RPG-7's destroy these BTR-T's with one hit. sad_o.gif But against the regular RPG-22's and the regular RPG-7's, they take one hit which gives them a little extra survival time to respond to the attack. I also was absolutely AMAZED at the exploding turret that flies off and explodes. Very very cool stuff as well as the sparks that shoot out sometimes during the 1st RPG hit. Is that reactive armor going off? Whatever it is it looks very cool!

smile_o.gif

Keep up the awesome work and REALLY hope you guys make an even MORE heavily armored BMP-T addon. smile_o.gif

At any rate, right now my Russian Special Forces are very happy with their new APC. Grozny will fall!!!

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The turret gets....blow off!? wow_o.gif

/me scampers off to play some more

Btw thanks for including the tankrider function Shadow. smile_o.gif

Thanks for all those nice words about the addon smile_o.gif I'll see if I can incorporate some of the things mentioned and fix some of the bugs (especially those that make the game crash, although I have no clue yet why this happens). Maybe I'll include one version of the addon that doesn't use any scripts at all. No random numbering, explosion effects, different muzzle flashes, etc. So you can test if the bugs have to do with the scripts.

Those lovely explosion effects were made by Bullz_eye_on_my_back smile_o.gif I'm really glad that he helped me to add those. But the sparkles are just ment to be normal sparkles. Nothing to do with ERA armour.

The BMP-T is a nice vehicle, and I actually wanted to do that first, but I didn't find more than 2 or 3 photos of it and so I had to abandone the idea (and Miles Teg, I think it's based on the T-72). I didn't have drawings of the BTR-T as well, but luckily I found a bunch of photos from a plastic model somebody made and used them as reference.

Regards, Sebastian

The BTR-T looks indeed cool, but (having a rather weak PC) I noticed that as soon as the BTR-T fires it eats a lot of CPU-power, so OFP is lagging for me. It happened to me with the East/Olive-Version.

I don't know why, but the shooting effect (smoke and an ejecting shell) shouldn't be that CPU-intensive. rock.gif

I'll look into the scripts when I have time...

That would be nice. In fact the smoke is not a custom effect. It's the default BIS tank smoke, or what comes out if you add the 30mm gun as maingun to a tank simulation addon. I'll try to find out as well why only the olive version causes those slow downs.

Small bug: the ammo (HE &HP) have different calibers (25mm and 30mm)..

Now the troops have something pretty to go into battle with smile_o.gif

Amazing textures btw.. Can't you teach me to texture your way  wink_o.gif

PS: All kudo's to Bullz_eye_on_my_back for the nice effects biggrin_o.gif

The BMP-T is a nice vehicle, and I actually wanted to do that first, but I didn't find more than 2 or 3 photos of it and so I had to abandone the idea (and Miles Teg, I think it's based on the T-72). I didn't have drawings of the BTR-T as well, but luckily I found a bunch of photos from a plastic model somebody made and used them as reference.

Regards, Sebastian

Actually the BMP-T is based on both the T-72 and the T-90 chassis. Those are more or less the same, so it doesn't really make a big difference. The BMP-T is not a real vehicle, it's a concept. There are several different BMP-T prototypes.

Quote[/b] ]Small bug: the ammo (HE &HP) have different calibers (25mm and 30mm)..
rock.gif Explain please. I don't what you mean and I can't think of anything wrong with the ammo.