Sign in to follow this  
Peter_13

Us rangers balance pack by orcs

@reconmercs

the correct statement is "if you dont like it, cry a river, build a bridge, and get the fuck over it"  wink_o.gif

LOL..thanks for clearing that up Pappy

2 Ebud:

Ghost Recon guys didn't seem to wear SPEARs, i guess... but still there actually was a RACK system. Well, i decided to make it myself regardless. My mag pouches came out a little crappy, so i used GR ones.

2 CanadianTerror:

These boots are supposed to be US... however it's hard to tell nowadays which boot is Russian and which is American ;) Yes, i used these same textures with my VDV units... no big difference, I think.

The helmet texture is authentic, made from the photo at specwargear.com.

I think it is fine credits in readme files and not asking permission as long credit is given wink_o.gif

BUT

You say in your readme credits bla bla bla and if other people want to use textures from your addon you say ask permission but you self only give credits in readme without asking permission crazy_o.gif

Explain this Laser rock.gif

I remember too to have seen this sentence on BAS site some time ago: "do not bother us with your e-mails asking for permission, just state in the readme file that you have used something from BAS".

So this "stolen textures affair" comes from a misunderstanding between BAS members... Which happens, I'm well placed to speak about wrong/nonsense/misunderstood newsposting! tounge_o.gif

This Addon pack is excellent, great work Laser!

Good stuff Laser, but can I make a suggestion, can you make the helmets in woodland pattern rather then the plain jane OD green???

Also I know this topic isn't about the VDV Airborne troops, but I will go ahead and post it hear anyhow. The troops are great, but I notice it takes quite a few 50 cal rounds to kill them. Can you fix the hit points??? THanks.

Great stuff by the way.

George

hey, I think it's enough, maybe he makes a mistake, ok, but why don't you just download the addon, make a mpmission and enjoy your time with your friends instead of posting here that he did/is bad again and again.

As placebo says, this guys should solve this problem in private.

please, post about the addon. and give him some time to fix this mess.

Once again I'm prevented from getting an addon I really wnat by the lack of a stable DAP friendly link.

Both links have cut me offf halfway trhough the download...I cant afford this

I'm getting an error when I try to play the demo mission that says "cannot load missing LSRweap" what's that about?

I must admit, this is a kick ass addon. Great job ORCS, great job indeed. You haven't lived until you've seen 48 of these bastards charging at your isolated outpost........ biggrin_o.gif

I'm just trying to bring this back on topic. The way I see it, the thread was kinda hijacked.....

just downloaded them now that everything seems to be clearing up... going to try em out... bout time we get some decent modern rangers to play with... prolly a little off timing tho with bas week coming along.. but let me get off their nuts for a second great job laser.. ill post back when i finally play with them.

About missing addon lsr_weap

I just see laser has post a fix but if people dont want to download it : Just UnPBO the mission, open in notepad and search in the section recquired addons. Three times you can see lsr_weap. (One for the mission, one for the intro, one for the outro). Just delete the 3 lines and you'll be able to play the demo mission (Use Stuff Pbo or OFP editor to repack it). Hope this will help someone, and sorry for my english, maybe it's not very good.

Downloaded the patch and installed, still getting missing LSR_Weap error message ...

I remember too to have seen this sentence on BAS site some time ago: "do not bother us with your e-mails asking for permission, just state in the readme file that you have used something from BAS".

So this "stolen textures affair" comes from a misunderstanding between BAS members... Which happens, I'm well placed to speak about wrong/nonsense/misunderstood newsposting! tounge_o.gif

This Addon pack is excellent, great work Laser!

For the record...I don't really want to continue this debate...but something needs to be put right. The sentence being to referred to about "no need to ask permission" was mentioned explicitly for the release of the AH-1W source models and textures. It was not a blanket wide statement for all our addons and was never framed that way.

Think about it. In that case we were actually giving something to the community..unfinished...and saying...look..we don't have the time to finish this...but there are very capable people out there who can if they want...take these...and don't worry about asking for permission..we are providing it to you to modify and release as you will.

Also for the record....this is not about credit....my whole point was from the outset....courtesy....it would have been courteous for him to ask before using. In reality...we probably would not have had a problem since we have new Rangers coming out. We perhaps would have negotiated for a release after BAS week....but.....what's done is done. The whole point is that I was highlighting how we all could be a little more courteous to each other.

@Laser.....you are right...I should of approached you outside of the public eye before posting like I did. I apologise.

Quote[/b] ]The sentence being to referred to about "no need to ask permission" was mentioned explicitly for the release of the AH-1W source models and textures.

Ok Tigershark my apologises, thanks to have explained it smile_o.gif

I think all in all this was just an unfortunat missunderstanding. Laser being russian he possibly understood your message for all BAS addons.I`ve tried all Laser addons and the quallity is top notch.His GRU Spetznatz,his Russian crew,VDV and now this good looking Rangers..He`s one of the best addon makers around here so let`s respect his work and move past this incident..

Anyway this is an ORCS release isn`t it?I`ve been troubled for a long time by this,but Denorc showed on the flashpoint.ru forum pictures with his pixel shaded water..What happend to it?

I remember somewhere (ofp.info?) he said that if he had somewhere to upload it ... he would ?? rock.gif

I find the camo to be a little "limish greenish". I thought this about Laser's older 1991 ranger pack as well.

I dont recall woodland being that yellowy green.

Anyone?

I said it before and I'll say it once again. If you read the user agreement that came with O2, or any other BIS tools for that matter, you have no rights to anything you make with it, legally or otherwise. And when you clicked the accept button you agreed to this. That includes textures applied in O2. BIS has all the rights to all our stuff, not us. Now, there is certainly something to be said for courtesy, respect and integrity. Borrowing work and claiming it as your own is weakness. Telling the world in your read me that you borrowed something isn't stealing, credit is given where it's due. Once P3D edit is made public there will be plenty of reverse engineering going on I'm sure.

I said it before and I'll say it once again. If you read the user agreement that came with O2, or any other BIS tools for that matter, you have no rights to anything you make with it, legally or otherwise. And when you clicked the accept button you agreed to this. That includes textures applied in O2. BIS has all the rights to all our stuff, not us.

You're completely wrong on this. Read the license agreement once more. BIS only disallows commercial exploitation of content created with O2Light. It would be against any copyright law if BIS said that "all of your work are belong to us".

You have copyright on anything you create, even if you put it in public domain.

Nontheless, I didn't and I won't download those Rangers, I don't see anything that would make me use those instead of BAS ones, and because of the "you may not use our work without our permission"-thingy...

I find the camo to be a little "limish greenish". I thought this about Laser's older 1991 ranger pack as well.

I dont recall woodland being that yellowy green.

Anyone?

Hey.... just de-pbo it and change the camo in photoshop to your liking.. then re-release it as your own. rock.gif

Since ORCS evidently sees no problems stealing other peoples work I see no reason they would have to bitch about you doing the same to them..  

As far as I can see it all ORCS stuff that hasn't been stolen from Eviscirator, Ghost Recon or BAS. (err wait.. does that even leave anything left?) is free game for anyone who wants to sink to that level.  

@ Tigershark..   I understand dropping the matter and letting bygones be bygones, but I really see no reason you should be apologizing for bringing this to the attention of the community

When you have no legal recourse from your work being stolen the only thing you can do is inform the community of this happening and let the  Mod or Addon Maker develop a reputation for being a thief or screwing other addon Teams over in general,

which in turn makes large amounts of people want nothing to do with anything that person creates.  

I wouldn't have downloaded these troops anyways, as I'll be waiting for next week when the newest version of BAS Rangers come out.

But I can say that after hearing of the "three strikes" against ORCS..  I won't download anything made by them no matter how good it is

Just my 2 cents

*edited to remove RHS reference*

I downloaded these, took one look, and got rid of them. I'll keep my hard drive ready for the updated BAS Rangers.

Quote[/b] ]That includes textures applied in O2.

No, it doesn't. Textures are created in photo editing programs, not BI programs.

As far as I can see it all ORCS stuff that hasn't been stolen from RHS, Eviscirator, Ghost Recon or BAS.    (err wait.. does that even leave anything left?) is free game for anyone who wants to sink to that level.  

Just wanted to say you cant really say ORCS stole anything from us, original i asked Laser if he can make a decent crew for us wich he did, then Denorc asked me about the Crew and i though its ok if both teams use the crew in bit different versions.

Only prob was that Denorc suddently released their version without any tank or stuff knowing RHS wanted to release the first tankpack a few days later with the crew as surprise... personal i thought we agreed that we release our stuff and bit later when ORCS done their T-72 then they release it with their crew version...

So nothing was ever stolen from us wink_o.gif

My personal view on using others work is that the maker of an addon using others parts as well should contact these guys, or the MOD boss cause thats his job as boss and coordinator.

Mayn addonmakers put much much time and even money in the addonmaking and i consider a addon as a piece of art where the author has the copyright for and can expect at least a lil email or whatever asking if its ok to use his parts... the guys who spent much time on that "hobby" should have a bit control what happens with their stuff.

And to say something about the Units this thread is about...

Well had them since a while and find them very good quality, maybe the cammo is a bit to bright like some mentioned but after all its a very nice addon smile_o.gif