Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

Sorry i said it wrong, i meant they had NO recoil, i should've said "the accuracy was dead on".

well all ofp weapons are dead accurate

i havent seen an addon pack russian or us or international not dead on except for the adf m240b

Try my M4's and I think you will see that your efficiency with the weapon is noticably lower than with a normal addon gun.

STGN

Agreed on that score STGN. I hope you don't mind, but I used the same recoil values from your M4 addon for the M4s in the pack, as I felt the values seem to fit just right.

I did try em when they first came out i think, they were sweet, recoil was nice. It was hard to shoot the enemy but i liked it because it made the battles longer yay.gif .

Agreed on that score STGN. I hope you don't mind, but I used the same recoil values from your M4 addon for the M4s in the pack, as I felt the values seem to fit just right.

Since STGN tried to set the standard for realistic M4's, I think he must be very happy with you using the same values. I think it's great since I really like the M4's made by STGN. They feel really good and make it feel like I'm actually playing a soldier sim and not some bad-looking FPS.

I'm looking forward to ths pack!

Hey SJB do you think you'll be able to release today? Lol sorry but i couldn't stop myself from asking lol tounge2.gif .

Jackal, I was going through the weapon class names, but what is the difference between the M-16A4 and A2 mags??? Also with the 'Round' and 'Mag' designations??? Thanks

Also whats the difference between the M16A2 and the M16A4? confused_o.gif

The M-16A4 has a detachable carry-handle which exposes a rail, as well as a RIS/RAS on the fore-grip.

Got ya, thanks.

Hey SJB, is there any MG that has a silencer? If not can someone recommend a good replacement for it from SJB's pack?

As I decided to make the RO901 model of the M16A4, it fires in semi-auto and a full-auto modes (much like the M4A1), whereas the M16A2, fires in semi-auto and 3-round-burst mosts, as does the standard BIS M16A2. The rounds are exactly the same, they were simply defined separately so it was easier on my part to keep track of the ammo each weapon uses. The magazines, are obviously different, because as we all know, OFP 'stores' the firing mode of each weapon in the weapons' magazines.

@exigent: I wont be releasing until Wednesday at the absolute earliest due to work/family commitments. Also, none of the LMG/HMGs in the pack feature a silencer of any sort.

For reference, here is an old image of the M16A4, which shots off the detachable carrying handle, and the RIS/RAS that ThePara pointed out:

http://sjb.gotf.net/vbs1_addons/weapons_pack/images/SJB_TOS_M16A4.jpg

EDIT: Corrected the model number of the M16A4 which I had incorrectly called the "RO109".

As I decided to make the RO109 model of the M16A4, it fires in semi-auto and a full-auto modes (much like the M4A1), whereas the M16A2, fires in semi-auto and 3-round-burst mosts, as does the standard BIS M16A2. The rounds are exactly the same, they were simply defined separately so it was easier on my part to keep track of the ammo each weapon uses. The magazines, are obviously different, because as we all know, OFP 'stores' the firing mode of each weapon in the weapons' magazines.

@exigent: I wont be releasing until Wednesday at the absolute earliest due to work/family commitments. Also, none of the LMG/HMGs in the pack feature a silencer of any sort.

For reference, here is an old image of the M16A4, which shots off the detachable carrying handle, and the RIS/RAS that ThePara pointed out:

http://sjb.gotf.net/vbs1_addons/weapons_pack/images/SJB_TOS_M16A4.jpg

Good to go boss, thanks for the clarification on the differences you made, hate to nit pick, but it is Model RO 901 tounge2.gif . Also, what is the difference between the mags that say ROUND and those that end in MAG???

Also, anyone here know of any US military units receiving the M-16A4 with the full auto feature? I've only seen the M-16A4 in 3-burst mode.

Also, what is the difference between the mags that say ROUND and those that end in MAG???

The 'rounds' are the AMMO-classnames and the 'mags' are the MAGAZINE-classnames. The AMMO-classnames ae of no real use to a normal OFP player and he'll only use the mag-classnames. It's a config thing really.

Also, anyone here know of any US military units receiving the M-16A4 with the full auto feature? I've only seen the M-16A4 in 3-burst mode.

Hmm havn't seen eny one but there problery are a couple of A3's with RAS on which should have Auto feature but that is purly guessing. Besides these are SEALs so they problery would want Auto.

STGN

Nothin like Auto when you need to clear a bush of Enemey infantry wink_o.gif

I see, thanks SJB.

Also, the LSR SEALs have two machine gunners that are silencers, what are some good replacement weapons? Or should i just add SJB's MG's on them? Also if they are a SD unit, and they have a non SD weapon, do they switch to there handgun if it is a SD?

I think i saw those kinds of M16's in Iraq on the news (the M16A4's), are those currently being used in Iraq and Afghanstan?

...you made wrong RIS\RAS in front of your m16a4...

Yeah, I plan to update it in a future version.

Cpt. FrostBite is correct in his reply about the Ammo/Magazine issue. The reason I added the Ammo names to the config was incase anyone wished to know such information for whatever reason. For most mission makers it can be ignored as it will rarely be used.

Looking really good Jackal, it shows that you've put some real hard work and detail into these weapons.

Quote[/b] ]I think i saw those kinds of M16's in Iraq on the news (the M16A4's), are those currently being used in Iraq and Afghanstan?

It's the new standard infantry rifle of the USMC.

Looking really good Jackal, it shows that you've put some real hard work and detail into these weapons.
Quote[/b] ]I think i saw those kinds of M16's in Iraq on the news (the M16A4's), are those currently being used in Iraq and Afghanstan?

It's the new standard infantry rifle of the USMC.

USMC has chosen the M16A4 over the M4A1. The US Army has chosen the M16A3 for some of it's units, while most other units (especially airborne units) will use (or are already using) the M4A1.

SOCOM has selected the FN SCAR as it's new weapon. A modular concept that has both a 5.56 and a 7.62 caliber version and can be easily modified to accept the new 6.8 caliber. The FN SCAR is now in the testing phase and should be fielded soon.

The US Army will replace all it's rifles and carbines with a new weapon in the future. This was supposed to be done with the XM-8, but this project is running into more and more trouble and people don't seem to be very happy with the XM-8. The fact that SOCOM has already chosen to select it's own rifle may very mean the end of the XM-8 project.

There is an update on the SCAR project the second round of the trials will start this fall and I have reason to belive that the FN SCAR is not going to selected rather one of the new AR15 based uppers from H&K, LW and MGI mainly because they can do the same(performance wise) as the FN and are cheaper as they fit right in to the excisting weapons.

6.8 is as good as dead.

OICW-1(program to select the next weapon for the US army) has be paused indefinetly and they are making a program that is joint Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force.

STGN

I'm not sure if one of the new uppers will be selected. I must admit that the new uppers made by HK (with newgas-system) make the weapon much better, but you are forgetting about one thing; the age of the current weapons.

At some point you need to replace the entire weapons, simply because it's getting too old. That's why they are looking for new weapons. If they'll select a new upper it's quite likely they'll also replce the rest of the weapon with new stuff, simply because (most of) the stuff is getting old. If the FN-SCAR proves that it's tougher and more reliable than the new uppers it will be selected. If it's performance is the same, than it will be a close call.

OICW is indeed dead. The XM-8 program was the follow-up program and is almost dead. The XM-25 grenadelauncher could make it, but I'm not sure about it. A new project for the entire military is the best option; it's cheaper and all units get the saem stuff, which also means it's easier for the logisitics guys.

I'm not sure if one of the new uppers will be selected. I must admit that the new uppers made by HK (with newgas-system) make the weapon much better, but you are forgetting about one thing; the age of the current weapons.

At some point you need to replace the entire weapons, simply because it's getting too old. That's why they are looking for new weapons. If they'll select a new upper it's quite likely they'll also replce the rest of the weapon with new stuff, simply because (most of) the stuff is getting old. If the FN-SCAR proves that it's tougher and more reliable than the new uppers it will be selected. If it's performance is the same, than it will be a close call.

OICW is indeed dead. The XM-8 program was the follow-up program and is almost dead. The XM-25 grenadelauncher could make it, but I'm not sure about it. A new project for the entire military is the best option; it's cheaper and all units get the saem stuff, which also means it's easier for the logisitics guys.

I am sorry to say that but you mixed up Politics and reason.

Military hardware purchase hardly ever has anything to do with reasoning. It is business and politics.

I guess the one who gets better back scratching, wins.

I am sorry to say that but you mixed up Politics and reason.

Military hardware purchase hardly ever has anything to do with reasoning. It is business and politics.

I guess the one who gets better back scratching, wins.

oops, yeah you're right. For a moment I was thinkingthese guys can actually think. But than I remembered the ACU and that made it all clear for me; they only buy from the lowest bidder. And thelowest bidder always makes sure stuff brakes down, so he can supply spare parts. I love this shit confused_o.gif