Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

Hi, hey jackal, can u tell me what the O2 scale of those M4 models that gonna use with this units?: SEA(ilormoon)S looks very well; do u gonna really advandone us, the OFP i mean. "Marine Commander kid...?". Let's cu.

wtf....sorry mate but I don't understand a damn thing your saying rock.gif.  I got so far as you are asking something about the size/scale of the M4's...but past that I am confused as hell crazy_o.gif.  The last bit confused the hell out of me with the whole Marine Commander kid thing...I am completely lost ghostface.gif.  Care to clarify?

EDIT: And wtf is Let's cu? Is that a challenge or a greeting or rock.gif

I think he means, "I'll see you", or something like that. Obviously The English is not strong with this young Jedi. He probably speaks German or Czech, so considering the language barrier, he's doing a fairly adequate job.

I think he means, "I'll see you", or something like that. Obviously The English is not strong with this young Jedi. He probably speaks German or Czech, so considering the language barrier, he's doing a fairly adequate job.

Ah, ok. I thought he was like challenging Jackal to make something better, so I semi-flamed him for it tounge_o.gif. Sorry for the mis-understanding smile_o.gif.

...and I beleive the "Marine Commander kid" comment stems from jealousy over me having VBS1, because, as we all know, VBS1 is also used by the USMC to train their officers in tactics and such.

Anyway, to other news. I'll be using a very similar (and what I understand to be 'correct') scale used by Earl/Suchey in their Marine Pack. If you like Wipman I can post a screenshot comparing my M4A1, the BIS XM177E2 (basically an M4) and possibly the Marine Pack M4A1, just to compare sizings etc.

EDIT: Here is the screenshot I semi-promised I'd upload, comparing my M4A1 to others from other authors.

http://sjb.gotf.net/vbs1_addons/weapons_pack/images/M4_Comparisons.jpg

Hi, what i was meaning with: "Marine commander kid" it's just make a refference to your presence in here: USMC - OFPCENTRAL & yes, let's cu == let's see you. I don't see the people complaining in other threats that have at least as many gramatical errors as my posts or that use slang; thing this that has been prohibited to me in this forums, but discuss the forum rules it's not something that i want to do & much less in this threat dedicated to the Jackal units or his fanzy weapons.

I was meaning in relation to the M4 models that i use... wich value could i use?, 0'93? im seriously thinking in resize the M4's that i still working in the textures to make 'em have the same size as those; &... i should re-size the memory LOD like the rest of the LODs, right?. Let's cu.

Hi, well looks like that the resizing factor that i should use in case of resize the M4's to the C8X_Weapons size, it's 0.91. In your opinion jackal... as Weapons Master, talented modeler, fella & guiri... will be a good idea to resize the M4's to the C8X_Weapons size?, they'll fit good in the hands of the units, resize 'em will not have an effect in the quality of the .paa textures once in game?, i mean if the camo patterns, both desert and woodland will lost detail?. Wacha think?. Let's cu

Resize them to fit the C8X_weapons sizes, and yes, resize the Memory Lod too. Lets keep all further discussion of your weapons to your thread.

In other news, work has been hectic, so I've had rather less time than I'd have hoped to work on the weapons. I'll hopefully have a few news shots of the updates I've mentioned (SPR etc.) within the next few days.

I saw Tears of the Sun recently.. one of the worst films I ever saw..

But these rifles look like some of the best I ever saw..

OK, I've finally managed to sort out a screenshot of the slightly modified SPR. I've altered the magazine and tweaked the flip-up fore-sight. Check out the image below:

http://sjb.gotf.net/vbs1_ad....ted.jpg

Hey, I think thatthis front sight is not meant to be mounted on the barrel itself.

I can send you some ref. photos if you like. smile_o.gif

brake4ri.jpg

Thanks for the comments Jaguar. You'll probably be pleased to know the SEALs will be more 'generic' now and wont be going down the film tie-in path as the previous BETA did.

Gordy, some reference images would be very much appreciated - EDIT: The image in your reply finally loaded after I replied. I'll use it to construct a new one - the current one was just a temp 5-min knock-up.

Much appreciated Gordy, I'll put them to good use. More screenshots of the updated SPRs to come.

hmm For some very strange reason my post is gone crazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

Here is it again;

After taking another good look at the screenshots, I must correct myself; It's not the Mk12 Mod1 SPR A/B. It's the Mk12 Mod0 SPR.

The mistake was caused by the RIS rail on the side of the handguards; it runs along the entire length of the handguard. This is not often seen, but is not wrong (it's a modular system).

As you can see in the pictures posted above, the scope also has a RIS attached at the top. This is used to mount a second sight for backup/CQB, when the normal scope is useless. Most often a holo-sight is used.

The scope section of your SPR need more work btw, but I assume it's still WIP. The rest looks awesome.

I'm in the process of updating the scope now. I also plan to work on the stock, possibly replacing it with the fixed, M16 style stock.

Looking very nice so far mate... just wanted to say that I'm looking forward to the update.

Thanks Homefry et al for your kind remarks. After some connection down-time and my PC going into the shop to be outfitted with a new sound card and more RAM *dances a jig* I'm finally back and able to post some major news.

The major news is, the woodland SEALs have overgone yet another re-make. Now, they use HYK's woodland model as a base. The reason for this switch is that over the last month or so I have become increasingly angry at the amount of warping present in the models, as well as the texture tearing/stretching said warping has caused. The switch to the HYK base model has been easily achieved thanks to me already using them as a base for the desert SEALs, meaning many of the pouches and such had already been re-made, enabling me to completed the new SEAL model in just under 2 days. I hope to post some shots in the coming days/weeks as we draw ever closer to the release.

For reference as I'm sure the similarities will be made, this switch to the HYK model was in no means intended to infringe upon the SEAL pack being made by Miss_Cleo. Those SEALs are designed to be '80's era, and I have already agreed to allow Miss_Cleo to use my M249 model for that project.

Are you updating the weapons as well??? I still use your m4's on basically all of my special forces.. i love the textures and sounds.

Yes I am. Check here for a relatively up-to-date list of the new weapons etc.

Jackal as a big fan of your work, Let me say.. There is no way anyone could infringe on my work. All I've really done is take other peoples things and stick them together, and make a few textures. I stand in awe of REAL addon makers like you who have the ability to make these things from scratch. without people such as you i wouldnt even be able to begin to make anything for OFP.

As an aside, let me say that HYK's models and textures kick ass. I'm all about standardization and I welcome the fact that you will be using his stuff, especially now that Laser is as well...Its nice to have units that look like they are from the same universe.

The entire OFP community owes HYK a huge debt of gratitude, not only for giving us such top notch addons, but also for being so free with his work. That kind of openess is what drives a communty like this to the heights it has reached.

People are talking here about a previous OFP weapon pack from SJB, but I haven't found it yet. A lot of good things have been said about the pack so you might understand I would love to use this addon pack.

People are talking here about a previous OFP weapon pack from SJB, but I haven't found it yet. A lot of good things have been said about the pack so you might understand I would love to use this addon pack.

Try this;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6290

This is the newest SJB pack.

But don't forget about these two;

Handgun project

Designated Marksman pack

Thanks, dont know how I ever could have missed this one, ah well, got 'em now! blues.gif

That pack is tiny compared to this version, as it only contained a few weapons (less than 20 if I recall correctly) where as the latest pack that I have almost completed (just have to code the SPRs and tweak a few values of other weapons), contains over 120 weapons as you can see from the link I gave in my last reply. Also, that pack only contains woodland SEALs using the default BIS camo, whereas this new pack contains woodland and desert SEALs, not to mention the 'African Militia' style OPFOR kindly donated by Ebud, which I added several new features to.

As you can tell from the date on the old public BETA (which has been linked to at ofp.info by Cpt. FrostBite), this version has been over a year in the making, and I am really looking forward to finally releasing it, which shouldn't be too far off now. The VBS1 version is almost complete and should under-go final testing this weekend, with hopes of releasing it next weekend or sometime in the week afterwards. Then work will begin on converting the unit models (adding OFP hands/head and removing all trace of VBS textures/models). This process shouldn't be too time-consuming, but I hesitate to give a release date, as I'm notorious for missing them anyway,l so it'll be done when its done wink_o.gif