Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Tears of the sun seals

I've been working all day on the textures and positioning of the LBV/E (Load Bearing Vest/Equipment) and am currently trying to make it look more like real-world images gathered by one of my BETA testers, AK. Work is progressing well, so have no fear.

The pack has also received a new weapon, an M24 with jungle camo 'netting' on it. To my knowledge it wasn't featured in the film, but it adds another rifle to prevent people complaining about repetition.

An image of the M24 can be found on the TOS units page.

One quick comment. Is using polys for the leg straps really that helpful?

if he uses enough LOD's I don't have a problem with it. I think it looks nice

looks great, but seems like a waste of polys even with good lods.

Am I on crack or do the unit shoulders look oversized? They kinda look like gorillas to me. crazy_o.gif

Looks great Jackal326 wink_o.gif

Are there or do you plan making some seals with hats like Zee & Red was wearing in movie rock.gif

Am I on crack or do the unit shoulders look oversized? They kinda look like gorillas to me.  crazy_o.gif

I think you are on crack tounge_o.gif <---- what you smoke rock.gifunclesam.gif

But really I think they look fine as they are wink_o.gif

The SAW gunner in this pic looks to me like either his head is too small or his shoulders too big.

click me

seing other pics and than the picture you prefer I think it looks so cause of the static anim wink_o.gif

Jackal326 1 more thing the pants of the soldeirs looks to clean if possible add some mudd to it wink_o.gif

Yeah, I agree with Hellfish, there's something wrong with this guy. Too much sterides! biggrin_o.gif

As ExtracTioN pointed out, thats a problem with the static animation I used, not the unit model.

@ExtracTioN: Yes, I do plan to make the patrol hats like Zee and Red wore in the film, I also plan to make a radio-pack like the one Zee (I think it was Zee) carried in the film.

@ExtracTioN (again): I will look into adding mud to the trousers/sleeves (from crawling) textures.

As ExtracTioN pointed out, thats a problem with the static animation I used, not the unit model.

@ExtracTioN: Yes, I do plan to make the patrol hats like Zee and Red wore in the film, I also plan to make a radio-pack like the one Zee (I think it was Zee) carried in the film.

@ExtracTioN (again): I will look into adding mud to the trousers/sleeves (from crawling) textures.

Yes it was Zee with the radio wink_o.gif

And the unit with that punk hair cut(think his name was Silck) if possible to make 1 new model for him would go nicely in pack m8.

And Jackal326 if your boys need a ride my Seahawks can assist your boys wink_o.gif

I doubt I'll make a special model with the mohawk haircut, as there are too many issues that accompany it. It would involve mapping the hair part of the default face texture (data\xichta.pac) to it, but this would cause problems when using custom faces which are for example all camo'ed....it would look very strange so this is not an option.

Thanks for the offer on the helo's ExtracTioN, I'll think about it biggrin_o.gif

Thanks to BAS/Deadmeat, I've secured the use of their SatCom radio for use with the SEALs - screenshots to follow in a few days.

Also, I've made the patrol cap like the one Zee and Red wear in the film. Check it out at the bottom of the TOS units page.

looking slick, been lookin forward to someone actually making current woodland seals for a long time

just askin about the srt2 update

any chance of it bein released soon?

No, the SRT2 update is on hold until the SEALs are done. But, lets keep this on-topic smile_o.gif

I know i sound picky, but ya think you could slim the arms a bit? i dunno most OFP models look fat to me in the arms. ANways great job as usual man.

Check out the CSLA 2 soldiers for som very good propotions on the 3d models. They are the only ones who have really succeeded in achiving "human propotions" on the 3d model. smile_o.gif

Maybe they can offer some advice in that department on how they did it.

Models looking really good, been looking forward to this for a long time, excellent work.

Just one suggestion - i would recommend that you include the HH-60 Seahawk as part of this "pack" (with Extraction's permission of course) so as to really make it complete. It makes things a lot easier for us mission makers if we can release a mission/campaign which doesn't require someone to download all sorts of different addons from multiple sources. It would be nice if all the addons needed could be bundled together into one 'TOS Pack' for such missions so ppl would only have to make one addon download instead of several.

Just one suggestion - i would recommend that you include the HH-60 Seahawk as part of this "pack" (with Extraction's permission of course) so as to really make it complete. It makes things a lot easier for us mission makers if we can release a mission/campaign which doesn't require someone to download all sorts of different addons from multiple sources. It would be nice if all the addons needed could be bundled together into one 'TOS Pack' for such missions so ppl would only have to make one addon download instead of several.

Yeah, and an aircraft carrier + f-18 maybe too, heh? crazy_o.gif

C'mon, we're not dumb. If you provide us with links (in readme.txt) to all of the addons that your mission requires, I think everybody can download them w/o problems. Am I mistaken? rock.gif

Models looking really good, been looking forward to this for a long time, excellent work.

u got the pavehawks from bas

its better just to let him finish the seal pack units

theres enuff transport for spec ops around

Quote[/b] ]u got the pavehawks from bas

its  better just to let him finish the seal pack units

theres enuff transport for spec ops around

Whole thing is though in the movie they didn't use pavehawks, they used seahawks.

i think just for fun someone should make new head models with different face features and hair styles (mohawk being one) I think this is one thing OFP is really missing, there needs to be variety in playe rmodels or else everyone looks the same, especially in uniform. But anyways good work man, are any of them going to have sleevless/ rolled up sleeves? I've never seen the movie but when i picture a Seal they always seem like that to me, kind of unprofessional yet very useful soldiers.

, kind of unprofessional yet very useful soldiers.

umm SEALs(along with all other Special Op units) are VERY professional. nuff said