Sign in to follow this  
ebud

Ai firing on armored vehicles

I'm trying to make a new pbr addon, and I'm having an issue with getting the ai to fire small arms at the boat. If I set the armor value to 50 in the config it works fine, but then it doesn't take much to sink the boat. Anything over that and the ai refuses to fire on it with anything smaller than an rpg.

What am I not doing or not thinking of?

If I remember correctly the ai fire on the Tonal OPFOR vehicles but I can't figure out why?

I tried thinking that it was the class that was doing it, but no that was not it.

Not sure how this can be fixed.

anyone?

Solution 1:

Maybe higher ArmorStructural value could make boat more resistant to bullet hits (while it'll be less resistant to indirect damage from grenades etc)?

Solution 2:

Make 2 ship classes, first one with low armor, second, derived from the first would be the actual ship. Make some accuracy trick (accuracy > 4 or acc = 1000 ? dunno) so it'll be recognised by AI as the low-armored one.

Both examples are only theoretical, I never tried them.

Xcuze my bad Eghlish.

accuracy had no effect on if the ai fired on it.

Also if you notice, if I do go any higher on the armor the ai stops firing on it with small arms sad_o.gif

Thanks for trying though.

Allways ask in house first :oP

What you need to tweak are the accuracy and threat values.

An accuracy value of 0 < x < 1000 is what you need (outside these limits the unit will simply be ignored)

A value of ~5 should be ok.

A threat value like:

threat[] = {0.3, 0.9, 0.2} should also be in the ballpark region.

You have to play around with the values, but these are the ones you want to change.