Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Singapore armed forces release !!!

Guys from the site Project War Chamber - Singapore Armed Forces  released on Chinese site OFP SAMREN their first ( GREAT !!! ) addon pack, mission pack and pack of Music and Voices.

Addon pack included:

- SAF soldiers

- SAF vehicles (5 ton truck, Land Rover, SM1, UltraOWS)

- SAF weapons (GPMG, LAW, M203, SAR21, SAW)

- Enemy Opposition Force soldiers

- Enemy boat

- Singaporean civilians

- Local objects (Singapore flag, terrain /island/, vegetation, kampung huts)

- Custom animation

The mission pack: included 4 SP Missions, 1 MP mission and Mission Template for mission creators. The Mission Template folder contains the scripts you need to include if you would like to incorporate the SAF hand signals and Singaporean faces in your own mission. More details are provided in README_template.

You will find D/L link and more, more screenshots on our site : OFP GAMEZONE.CZ

SAF_004_s.jpg

SAF_008_s.jpg

SAF_009_s.jpg

SAF_001_s.jpg

fighter

blues.gif

Bronco ? It isn't in this pack so far but I hope that it will be release soon.

broncoin.jpg

fighter

smile_o.gif

At last...someone for the ADF addons to "fight"! tounge_o.gif

LOL Singapore is probably the friendliest nation towards Australia at the moment. In fact we do joint defence research and development with them. It's Indonesia, Malaysia and Southern Phillipines which are harbouring our so called "enemies".

Being invaded by Singapore is the least of our worries. biggrin_o.gif

Yes it is a child

They can die but not pick up weapons and they can only run...

*Remembers that old thread about children in ofp

lat time a spoke to Takano @PWC he said he´d run into more gamelimitations while working on the bronco, however, not with the mid steering smile_o.gif let´s hope he´ll find a way around it and release his Bronco ATTC soon smile_o.gif

OMG!!! biggrin_o.gif Looks great. At the moment 53% downloaded. I liked Singapore. Really nice island. IRL. I tryed having pic done with some force 21 guys but telled me to go away. Anyone tell me wat force 21 was rock.gif

sad_o.gif

well, the vehicle textures are bad, in my oppinion. the island isn't very big, and no large town is on it. only about a 10 house village, non more, and a chopperlandingbay on top of a mountain.

not that good, i think

The Local objects, ie houses, trees and stuff are really nice. smile_o.gif

Just to clarify, the house in under "empty" and "local objects as mentioned above.

It's really quite a nice building as are all the objects they made. The only nitpick is that the AI can see throught he grass. Also on the tank (I forget the model) the driver position is incorrect. Also on the APC, in the gunner position you can see the driver's head, but from the outside view he's turned in. Not a big bug, but still a little odd. I know it uses the M113's configuration in the .cpp file and in the model (since it's based upon the M113) so it's a little bit difficult.

Another wierd thing is that the troops don't look like they're from Singapore. I know Singapore has some citizens who are of European descent, but aren't most Singapore citizens of Asian origin? Same goes for the bad guys. I would imagine that militants would look more like the Phillipino or Indonesian Islamic militant groups who are mostly Malay in ethnicity (or a similar ethnicity).

So I hope that the SAF mod team creates a good face pack, or puts proper faces on the soldiers in the next update.

The civilians for example look about right for example.

Also I think the little kid is great. About time someone had the balls to make one. All of the civilians will be good for hostage rescue scenarios. It'll make ya think twice before tossing that 'nade into a building. smile_o.gif

What we really need are good flashbang grenades. One was made a long time ago for the original SEB delta force addon.

It actually froze up the enemy. It would be nice if someone took that and made it where it would be random whether or not the enemy froze up and when they did where they would do some kind of animation for a few seconds before they returned to a regular position and resumed shooting at the assault team.

Anyhoo... lets see... oh, I like the Land rover and 5-ton truck with the steering wheel on the right side. Now the only problem is teaching us yanks to drive on the left side of the road in SAF MP games. smile_o.gif

Another thing that could be improved is with the grass in the forest. It's nice but the AI can shoot through it. On the Wake island addon that came out a while ago, there was an area with tall grass where the AI had difficulty seeing through it. I wish the grass on this island was similar in that the enemy could only see through it 25% of the time or perhaps not until they are right next to an enemy. That makes for much more interesting battles in areas with tall grass.

Finally I hope that future SAF infantry will have new helmets and not just BIS helmets with cammo on them. The helmets are not realistic in size for ANY kevlar helmet in the PASGT style. So hopefully the helmets will be resized and re-shaped to something more accurate such as the ones on the International Soldier addon. In fact the international soldier addon might be good units to base the SAF infantry off of.

Still the textures on these SAF troops are fairly good and I like the cammo pieces on the helmets. Nice job on that.

But aside from that and the lack of any cities on the island, I still think its a great demo pack that is fairly high quality. There is a lot of room for growth certainly, but I think the future of the SAF mod is very promising and I highly recommend this download.

Keep up the great work SAF mod team!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well then players who don't like seeing kiddies getting blown up, can just pretend that they are magical elfin creatures from the deep jungles....   smile_o.gif

You can make missions where they inhabit the forests and steal your weapons for example!  smile_o.gif

Hmm... maybe someone could make a "Wizard of Oz" mod.  smile_o.gif

368.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

A good demo to start out with but it needs a bit of polishing.

When your releasing anything this big(and larger) it's probably a very good idea to have a few people go over the whole thing and beta test the heck out of it as a good number of these bugs showed up rather easily.

I know it's "beta" but...

EDIT: Oh ya, "TAG" the pbo files people! I don't mind having a lot of pbo's but if I take them out(or put them in) I'd like this to be a bit easier. tounge_o.gif

This release kicks ass because:

1: It's not too huge.

2: They segmented a fair amount of the components so it's easier to use what you want and discard the rest.

3: The addons don't seem to be system-straining ultra-high-definition.

I'm glad this mod finally broke the mold and made children for OFP.  Hopefully people will create different age groups of people of different races so OFP missions and cutscenes can be more realistic and more like a dramatic "movie".  Instead of a typical low talent action movie with a body count higher than 100.

I'm tired of having male and female 25 to 40 year old people the only choice for people in OFP missions and cutscenes.  People need families and relatives in OFP, and it's about time someone fullfilled that need.

What people do in their own missions is their business, but most mission makers will keep the missions respectful and not make it into a horror movie.

That screenshot of that building looks great, I can't wait to try their buildings out.  With OFP 2 is finished, I hope people can easily design elaborate building addons for our own desires in OFP 2.  Hopefully the AI will easily know how to manuver and perform actions in it.

What was cool is that I got some of the AI to run up the stairs of the two story building in this mod. That was pretty cool. A couple of the other guys in the squad also entered the building but because of their formation, not all of them went in. But I think it will definitely allow an entire team to enter if they are not all grouped and each have individual waypoints. It'll make for some good hostage rescue missions I think where the AI will actually clear at least some of the rooms (or attempt to clear them if they don't get shot first).

The building may also be part of a defense mission where enemy AI units come charging up the stairs to try and attack you and your family.

Perhaps a fictional story of a rebellion in Singapore kinda like what's going on in Haiti and where US troops (BAS units perhaps) come in and help the Singapore military crush a rebel uprising.

So there's lots of good missions the kid and the other civilians along with the two story building and other units can be used for that'll make for a compelling story and a fantastic mission for OFP players.

I hope they also are making some helicopters to ferry SAF troops around the island or for Spec Ops insertions. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

They can? Wow! I never noticed that. I'll have to check that out when I get home. Sweet!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>