Sign in to follow this  
quicksand

Just noticed this..

BIS should just come out and say something, even just a paragraph, or a sentence, even a haiku, anything. biggrin_o.gif

I think within 3/4 moths BIS is gonna release Flashpoint2004 game.

And in 2005 we get OFP2 & IL wink_o.gif

That's what I think is gonna happen wink_o.gif

I think within 3/4 moths BIS is gonna release Flashpoint2004 game.

And in 2005 we get OFP2 & IL wink_o.gif

That's what I think is gonna happen wink_o.gif

Lets hope so, but I think BIS would've announced something so we can pre order it smile_o.gif

I thought it was pretty obvious by now that OFP2 won't be in the 70's. Just check the official site..

Don't forget the old OpV site. Maybe OFP2 has both?

I think OFP2 is acctauly VBS1 just alittle modified to work with more computers and more stuff. And they are mostly making VBS2 right now. so the job for OFP2 will be easyer cause its already done with VBS1. And with the BAS thing i think they are working with the VBS 1 and 2 cause of the hiring page on VBS that they have that some BAS signed up and made it cause with their skill and teh requirments which they said BAS makes it easly. Thats what i think. and im pretty sure this is what is going on.

That littlebird on the ofp2 site could be the one on the OFP vietnam site, makes sense to me.

i think they are just messing with our minds, they are probably laughing at us say "ha ha they cant figure it out"

No comments

Tiny beta patches to stay 'up to date'

The demand of modern AddOns

VBS1 Hiding everything (with excuse)

Ties with BIS, VBS1 and BAS

An Official link

A slight tip to the public

A horde of people flocking in

For the people = FUN

For BIS/VBS1 = $$$

Something is screaming out to us, I'd say its an expansion. OFP2 has been announced to have three theatres, obviously this is not OFP2. VBS1 and BAS create modern weapons, VBS1 hired BAS men and VBS1 is stuck right in there with BIS. Since BAS is free they can seel a brand spanking new expansion to put OFP right back in the top slot. A simple expansion like this would definately stop me from giving a damn about 'Soldner: Secret Wars.' Who agrees?

I love you BIS, I love you Marek, I love you all!

I agree smile_o.gif

An expansion would be nice at this time, actually some words from BIS too!

Does'nt have to be a big campaign and alot of addons, just a small campaign with about 6-7 missions and a to-be-continued ending with some screens of current OFP2 smile_o.gif

Actually i don't care about campaign, MP missions would be nice smile_o.gif

They're probably not gonna say anything until they want to. I'm sure any announcement is going to be tied in with a press release from Codemasters (in fact, Codemasters is probably telling BIS not to say anything yet) and major gaming sites/magazines will get the scoop before we do. This is a business that they're running, remember.

So don't expect BIS to just pop up and say "Hi! Looks like you found us out! Here's the demo!" If they wanted anyone to go to the Flashpoint2004.com site and know about the project, don't you think they'd have told someone about it?

That littlebird on the ofp2 site could be the one on the OFP vietnam site, makes sense to me.

No, the tail on the MH-6 Littebird is different from the tail on the OH-6 Cayuse used in Vietnam.

I wonder if anyone's considered that BIS might simply be looking to ...

a) migrate away from www.flashpoint1985.com (which is only relevant to OFP1)

b) centralise all their OFP & VBS sites into one easy location

... all to modernise their site & URL for when OFP2 comes out, and VBS2 comes into fruition?

Or am I not being conspiratorial enough for you all? wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

I wonder if anyone's considered that BIS might simply be looking to ...

a) migrate away from www.flashpoint1985.com (which is only relevant to OFP1)

b)  centralise all their OFP & VBS sites into one easy location

... all to modernise their site & URL for when OFP2 comes out, and VBS2 comes into fruition?

Or am I not being conspiratorial enough for you all? wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

16 pages and thats all you come up with?

No mention of the moon landings or the Kennedy assassination.

For the record NO ONE as ever seen a BAS model of the Marie Celeste - I think that tells us everything we need to know.

Fallout it could be, we dont know for sure, could also be the XBOX version, with addons converted smile_o.gif

Those units look too good to be on the XBox tounge_o.gif . Also, if the XBox version is simply an altered version of Resistance, then there wouldn't be SF guys with M4s biggrin_o.gif .

I'm not sure, but it might be BAS addons converted to XBOX version, so the XBOX user dont have to download then, the addons are high quality smile_o.gif

They're probably not gonna say anything until they want to. I'm sure any announcement is going to be tied in with a press release from Codemasters (in fact, Codemasters is probably telling BIS not to say anything yet) and major gaming sites/magazines will get the scoop before we do. This is a business that they're running, remember.

So they are sticking with Codemasters for OFP2? Ughh  crazy_o.gif

So they are sticking with Codemasters for OFP2? Ughh  crazy_o.gif

yup.

Interesting speculation...

I don't think BIS would work with BAS, they encourage the mod community not absorb them ;)

It seems to be that if you over-complicate this with conspiracy you lose sight of what might be just simple.

Here is my speculation, based on only information available to all of you, e.g the IL site, the News from BIS, and the recent FP2004 site.

Timeline:

Flashpoint / VBS1 (I forget which came first)

Resistance

News of IL worked on BIS AU

-IL was originally a Vietnam Era game. Originally the site held content of audio samples which had a soldier talking about what it's like in Nam, it was meant to give you an impression of the atmosphere Seventh's team were aiming for, rain etc.

IL Delayed

-Content removed from site, replaced with main picture showing mainly shots from VBS1. Here begins BIS's intentions for the next title, instead of releasing an expansion to Flashpoint similar to Resistance, David Lagettie's team would now postpone IL until the new engine is ready, which would be based on VBS1, hence the VBS1 screenshots. IL becomes an expansion to OFP2, based around east Timor conflict.

The Prague based team begin developement of the core engine.

News of Flashpoint 2

News of Flashpoint XBox

-Flashpoint XBOX uses 1.5 of the Flashpoint engine. This could be looked at as a testbed for technology that would end up in OFP 2. Since they hope to step up to the next level of graphics quality. If they hope to devote more memory resources to poly counts and textures they need to release the grasp on the memory resources that the islands currently have, introduce terrain streaming.

Due to the hardware limitations (e.g memory) of the XBOX much effort would be put into technology that allowed terrain to be streamed instead of all loaded at once. (There is no way an XBOX can load Nogova the same way your computer does, it doesn't have enough memory, the poor XBOX would be getting those out of memory errors and even -nomap won't help you )

The Core engine would of been designed anew and create the foundation for OFP 2.0

While the Prague team is busy with OFP XBOX, BIS AU work on the next generation of models and units, campaign etc.

OFP XBOX nearing completion, Flashpoint2 engine is highly developed and the game begins to take shape. A trailer is made, websites are commissioned. The OFP Community are mad with speculation...

Great post there Lt. Damage, you might be right on target.

I get the feeling that what we're seeing here with these new screenshots may not pertain to any finished product, whether it be IL or OFP2 or a combination of the two. As Lt. Damage speculated, the units we're seeing may just be interim models created by BIS (perhaps BIA) in preperation for work on the main project/s.

It's hard to say at what stage of development OFP/IL is currently at, so it's rather premature to assume that these screenshots are representative of either project. Seeing 'desert/jungle/Russians/current US soldiers' in the shots may be a hint at what will be ultimately included, but then again it may not. Amongst all the confusion, it is probably wise not to treat anything as definitive proof.

The screenshots themselves look fantastic, despite the fact that I don't really know what I'm looking at. If these are close to what OFP2/IL will end up as, I'll be one happy camper. smile_o.gif