Sign in to follow this  
Acecombat

Pla spec-ops pic

PLA specops on cool buggy

Do anyone of you know whats that theyre wearing?

A fancy kevlar or a bullet proof vest or something? rock.gif

Plus there hummer/buggy look alike looks pretty fancy dont you think , all plasticy like though crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What... I'm a writer...

A writer using few words and incomplete sentences biggrin_o.gif

No idea what you want to tell us. rock.gif

...and what are those 2 boxes on each side of MG? Missiles??

looks that way...

Seems a wierd place/way to mount missiles tho... not much of a fireing arc...

d'oh.. you beat me to it. it would seem to limit the mg's field of fire.. also i dont think id want to be the guy in the back seat when it goes off...

...and what are those 2 boxes on each side of MG? Missiles??

looks that way...

maybe some other type of LOSAT ?

I think they look like the bad guys from a B movie they are just ready to play the elite enemy units hunting the good guys.

They are wearing a chinese T97 woodland camo

chin-7-6.jpg

chin-11-6.jpg

chin-13.jpg

They have the QBZ-95 bullpup rifle

qbz-95.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Data for QBZ-95

Please note - these data are still not 100% proved and should be threated as 'estimates'

Caliber: 5.8x42 mm

Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt

Overall length: 760 mm

Barrel length: 520 mm

Weigth: 3.4 kg unloaded

Magazine capacity: 30 rds

The QBZ-95 assault rifles were shown for the first time when PR China took over the Hong Kong in 1997. The PLA soldiers were armed with this bullpup assault rifle. It is chambered for new proprietary Chinese cartridge, 5.8x42mm, and QBZ-97 (export version) is chambered for standard 5.56mm NATO (.223 Rem). The QBZ acronym stands for 'Qing Buqiang Zu' or light rifle family.

Not much is known about this rifle. It is available in full-size or short (carbine) version, and may be equipped with telescopic or night sights, underbarrel grenade launcher and bayonet. The ejection port is located at the right side of the receiver so (probably) this rifle is not ambidextrous. The body (stock) of the rifle is made from polymer, as well as magazines

STGN

Yeah, they do seem to come out directly out of a dodgy movie, and those missiles (if they are that) seem phony as hell, reminds me an action-man vehicle, and i wouldnt want to be near that car when those missiles are shot.

on a side note:5.8x42mm...now that is a weird caliber.

When i read PLA. I thought it was the Palestians with a spec ops group and a Buggey. The boxs on the side look like one big Microphone. Maybe there units to tell the enemy (When they fight one) that they cannot win and resistance well be delt with.

Any way. Just a thought smile_o.gif

Well, the MG is placed right near the front of the missles, so I don't think he'll be harmed by the backblast. As well, there is enough room for him to aim the weapon in nearly in any direction except for behind, which even without the missles isnt possible. In fact, if I look closly at the first jeep, it looks like the gun should have a good full 180 degree FOV.

Its just a matter of shooting both the gun and the missle, which I think they wouldn't do in the first place. Seems more like a quick countermeasure against a tank, either at a far distance or a medium distance. But...wouldn't it be difficult to try and position the jeep in order to face the same direction? Sure, its just the matter of turning and wheeling around, but it seems like it would take a tiny bit of time and effort to do so that would count in a battle. As well, the missles seem to block the left and right views of the gunner, if a soldier or enemy is approaching from either side.

Plus, its looks a little cramped.

Yeah, they do seem to come out directly out of a dodgy movie, and those missiles (if they are that) seem phony as hell, reminds me an action-man vehicle, and i wouldnt want to be near that car when those missiles are shot.

5.8 is a new caliber, or though it seems weird, but from what i have got, it seems that they are more powerful then a 5.56, but as for the stopping power, it still unknow

(and dont forget, they are still in developement)

5.8 is a new caliber, or though it seems weird, but from what i have got, it seems that they are more powerful then a 5.56, but as for the stopping power, it still unknow

"new" "still in development"

It finished development in 1987.

It would of been on issue in 1987 but the system it was designed for was rejected.

"new" "still in development"

It finished development in 1987.

It would of been on issue in 1987 but the system it was designed for was rejected.

argh wrong words i used, my bad my bad tounge_o.gif

in fact, these caliber have many improvement could be made, said from the soldier using it(it is true, cause i know some of them on the net), anyway, 17 years is not a long time for a caliber, its still young