Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

That's at least 3 times that Bush flamed the state of Massachusetts.  And why shouldn't he if there's no hope of a Republican victory there?  Well, I so hope that Kerry draws a line under those remarks and uses them as an example of how Bush is worsening the nation's polarisation at a time when it needs to be unified more than ever.

Just imagine Kerry saying "only a politician from Texas would pronounce it nuculer."  His campaign would be sunk in a second.

Oh boy....

"faith".....crimeny

EDIT: Apparently you aren't an American if you are gay though....

EDIT2: Never impose your religion on any body else?rock.gif? crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

"Best way to control guns is prosecute those that commit crimes with guns" crazy_o.gif

What did you expect? [sarcasm]If they're as lucky as they were in Columbine High they don't even have to prosecute (= saving money for the war on terror = good!).[/sarcasm]

"the armies of compassion" rock.gif

"God wants everybody to be free - and that is my foreign policy" crazy_o.gif

EDIT: He doesnt wanna impose his faith on others, but he imposes what he interprets as his god's will on others. Wheres the difference?

Is that the first time a candidate has praised the president for his early policies wow_o.gif

Smooth to compliment the W on 9/11. And true...

For those that care, and those that don't know (and being a state legislative worker during Bush's tenure)

HE DIDN'T DO SHITE!

The democratic legislature spearheaded the advances in Texas....wiped away by Rick "The Used Car Salesman" Perry.

Kerry's "married up" was pretty funny biggrin_o.gif

Why is Kerry starting with his closing statement again?  rock.gif

While talking about never weavering in the face of the dangers, etc. W was blinking like a scared rabbit! tounge_o.gif

Good deabte. Best of the three.

I think Kerry ruled on all economic and social issues. Bush was better on the ethical questions.

Overall, I'd say a win for Kerry.

Good deabte. Best of the three.

I think Kerry ruled on all economic and social issues. Bush was better on the ethical questions.

Overall, I'd say a win for Kerry.

CBS called it the "least interesting of the three" biggrin_o.gif

I didn't see the other two and I only watched the last 40 minutes, and I have to say that I am a little bit disappointed...

WTF is an "army of compassion"??

Something like ministry of love?

There were far less standard replies used in this one. Far less repetitive. You could see the ideological differences between the candidates etc

There were far less standard replies used in this one. Far less repetitive. You could see the ideological differences between the candidates etc

Very true. There was no rhetoric from the last two debates.

Crusade?  wow_o.gif

Anyhow, this struck me as a botox debate - all spontaneous nervous responses were completely deadened.  It was a sweatfree zone.  They each must have heard that women probably make up the vast majority of undecided voters because tonight they were just way too nice to each other.

Bush's biggest problem is that he has to explain away the current state of the US economy and the international stuff. So he's basically always in a defensive mode. Kerry outdid him big time in all economic issues and especially health care, social security, minimum wages etc

Kerry on the other hand has problems with gay marriages, religion etc Basically he's trying to make both sides of the issues happy, leaving a very vague impression. Personally I think it's a big mistake. The Christian right is already lost - no point in wasting energy on them. Bush comes off much better there as he has a much more simple message (although he did blow the Roe vs. Wade question).

Something like ministry of love?

I suspect it's some sort of religious rethoric, kind of like the stuff you hear evangelists say.

Anyway I watched this one for a few good laughs, and I was not disappointed. And besides how dumb Bush sounded, I laugh at the way he tries to cover up what he stands for, and for whom he runs a crusade. wink_o.gif

Nice debate, ill tell my thoghts about it later.(when I wake up+4h)

unclesam.gif

Well watching it asleep didn't help... wink_o.gif (sorry silly lingual joke or whatever)

On the second last question regarding the nation coming together Bush really blew it by bringing up the divisive 2000 election. Talk about trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Hi all

Once again the bulge was visable. This time right at the end of the debate after the wives were on stage just before George Bush Left the stage we saw his back this time closer and there was the square object between George Bush's Shoulder blades.

I also noticed several instances of George Bush Junior staring off into space before answering and blinking and nodding before to someone not there.

The oddest moment though was the one where George Bush Junior started laughing at a joke before started to tell it, wierd.

I am still totting up the scores and need to check the facts; as per last time points per question and facts cross checked. Bushes final speech came over as pleading especialy the vote for me bit. Kerry landed several telling blows on the economy and on Iraq and did an an excelent and rousing presedential final speech.

Does anyone know the address where the debate is recorded?

Kind Regards Walker