KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 1.4 released

ok altered all the prices of the vehicles by x10

but the AI still does not perchase soldiers from the barracks

The AI doesn't purchase anything, per se, but they cannot build if certain buildings are destroyed.

This can be rescripted, but I just don't have the time to do it.

In MP against human players, the price increases would have the most effect.

I've never really looked into the SP scripts, are you saying they arn't based off of money? They just build anything if there is a correct building to do so?

I guess implementing an AI money system would be hard.. You'd have to check their money and stuff... I dunno.

I sure hope this thread doesn't get moved to mission editing.

@Lameduck

When you are playing in SP mode, Do you have the Mission.pbo in your SPmissions folder or the MPMissions one?

Also when you play against the AI, do you leave all AI on for the CPU side?

i have the mission PBO in the MPMISSIONS folder

will having in the SP folder make any diff?

after all the main problem is a gross unbalance between vehicles and soldiers

the AI seems to only want to 'buy' vehicles even when a x10 the cost of the vehicles

No probably not was just checking, most peeps I know put it in their MPmissions folder.

I was more curious if you were leaving all the ai enabled for CPU side. Using less may that cut down on the number of tanks and other vehicles but probably wouldn't do much to increase infantry if thats what you are going for.

From looking through the scripts (I am still a newbie to ofp scripting) it looks like the AI is not limited by funds. In RTS3-SP-AIOffenseLand.sqs (Air and Plane look similar) it appairs ai just creates x number of crews then creates tanks for them. There does not appear to be any economy involved for the AI.

<rambling>

First off, I think RTS is an excellent addon for ofp. But, IMHO the lack of a coop/constrained AI version is one of the weak spots of RTS. My brothers and I usually only play ofp coop games (wwii speficially) and when the AI has no economic restraints it makes the game play somewhat unbalanced. As a results we end up playing coop CTI44 (WWII version of MFCTI) . The number of types of wwii vehicles, soldiers, aircraft in RTS is great, but for coop play its not as fun.

</rambling>

Does anyone else prefer coop?

I am willing to help work on a "coop" version of RTS (or place economic constraints on the AI), but I am not an expert ofp scriptor.

I'm sure its possible to make AI economy-based, but it might need some major code tweaks (Heck, I could do it, but I'm lazy) and may not be as hard as it is now, and once something gets easier and you beat it, you wont want to play it again for a while tounge_o.gif

The AI in OFP aren't the brightest, so it needs some advantages. Not binding it to the same type of economy that the human players have is one way of doing that. The AI cannot build if certain buildings are destroyed, however.

Personally, I don't think coop or SP RTS is as fun as Multiplayer with human opponents. It's much more of a challenge when you dont' know exactly what your opponents will do. AI are fairly predictable.

RTS simulates values of Command and Conquer, i.e. there are more vehicles than infantry running around. Those who play on my server and I prefer tank battles to infantry battles so I programmed RTS for the style of gameplay that we enjoy. I would recommend if you like more infantry, slower battles with fewer resources, that you play CTI variants.

You are welcome to change RTS if you wish. There are numerous types available, including a 3-way version with Resistance having their own base units. All of the SP scripts are clearly marked and all you need to do is define a Money variable for the AI, and then you'll have to figure out how you wish to increment the money, i.e. strictly from territory holdings, etc.

Well my newest 3 way is almost ready.

It features (for resistance) Kamakazie backpacks (well, not really backpacks but you click the action and you can explode yourself bwahaha), kamakazie AI soldiers and Advanced demolitions research that enables LGBs instead of a bunch of heats/shells, it costs 15000$, but welllll worth it biggrin_o.gif

EG, destroy an enemy base by putting 6 kamakazie soldiers in 2 jeeps that 2 humans are driving, all with LGBs and KABOOM! that team is knocked out.

Though kamakazie soldiers cost 800 dollars smile_o.gif

I'm going to test it later tonight, or tomorow.

Oh and by the way karr; your avatar is a big red X :P

EDIT: I took the picture out to conserve space on one of my Image depot hosts.

Hmm, I was wondering what resurrected this topic.

I really should post a topic to release USMC RTS at some point. Or have I already? I can't remember, this year has flown by so quickly.

Bah.

So, how is the Uber's holding up? They still plan on making the new RTS buildings? Or has that been dicarded?

I dont know if this is the place to ask, but when using the DxDll thing, I turn the postprocessing on, and its so blurry that I cant see what todo. Even if that off, I cannot get any reflections to work. Night vision works, and the FPS stat thing works, thats it.

Karr, heres another problem that I cant stand.. After playing a 350minute part in an Me Vs. Ai, I am starting to kick ass, and then im getin pounded by these shilkas, well, i distroy the Tank fac and the enemys keep spawing, even when the tank fac is distroyed. That really pissed me off when I noticed that. (It isnt just me, others have stated that 2). Time for 1.42!

no no, there is no LIGHT fac in RTS. Shilka's Spawn at the tank fac even when the tank fac is distroyed!

On the website:

-MrZig's RTS-3 3-way Core Addons - link to this addon is down

Anyone have link to this addon rock.gif

You don't really need that to play the current version of RTS3 which is 1.44. The buildings are all new and plus Zig and Korax came out with CNC-RTS.

I don't have a mission pack for the RTS's atm, but you can get on my server and load them up and get them.

See my sig for that info.

From where i can download mission RTS3 1.44 ?

In you website is only 1.43 rock.gif

I replied to your PM Rainbow. I haven't updated all of the RTS's to 1.44, which has actually been around for quite a while now. All the buildings are different starting in 1.43, so older versions won't work with the new RTS3 core addon. There's also mining in 1.44 but not in 1.43 and there's also build preview where you can create a "ghost" of the building you want to build, and see where it will be placed when you confirm the build in 1.44 among other things.

hi i download addons on karrillion's web page http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/karr/ but when i wanna play a mission it says addons missing : DKM_mod, Stt Klr etc..where can i dl them? Before all the addons were on the page but now some are missing thanks!!

Which version of RTS do you have? There were a lot of changes in addons between 1.4x and 1.5x. I never posted links for the 1.5x versions and now I mainly play ArmA, but I'll look for those missions if you need them. Just PM me though, since I don't frequent the OFP forums as much.

EDIT: Aieeeee! Veektor is here with an important news update: *News Music In Background*

I really should start a marketing campaign for Karr.. whistle.gif (It'd fix everyone with the issue's like pascow's.

I'd take all the current & working addons. Make 1 Mega Zip with all current Addons. Then make smaller versions for more specific needs, then proceed to upload them to a mirror like FileFront.

Then I should spread the word about any 'future' missions to media outlets to maximize their publicity (Making Promo Movies, Mission Summaries, Uploads, Server Addon Requirements, etc..) . I'd love to do that. But that'd be totally up to you, if you don't want me to promote your ingenious awesome crap wow_o.gif (*jk*) , I wunt. nener.gif -- But I'd do it for you, of course, totally free o' charge smile_o.gif pm me for details! (Or I'll just talk to you on ts).

Update: Found most of the addons on old DVDs - I hope I can give an update if I found all files and can make an archive for the future.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 2019 - I would like to play RTS-3 1.41 by KaRRiLLioN in OFP but it is missing addons

for Example

RTS3CoreAddon.pbo

and
RTS3VehicleAddon.pbo

Anyone still has this? Google search was of no success.

15g9duf.jpg