KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 1.4 released

Yo KaRR should I just hold off on making more mini-rts3's until theres a point i don't need to update like a mofo? like rts4 or somethin? I actually have some harsh work to do since i lost my hard drive to a virus...

I WAS workin on a modern addon pack with things like the HTTV and the Buggy, IFV's and so on with a huge-ass config job but ALL MY WORK IS LOST!

========

Whenever i startup ofpwatch to download the addons for the server it doens't seem to let me download at all! Is your new ftp host at gamezone down or something? Me sad much yes.

The webpage is dead. It was killed when I released 1.40 and had so much bandwidth being sucked from the ISP that it bogged down their critical systems so they killed it.

OFP.info will be hosting my new webpage, however. I just need to re-do it since my old host deleted everything once they figured out what had been draining a steady 4mbps off of them for 3 days straight.

CannonFodder, awesome.

Never got around to testing the latest versions on Karr's server though, not usually enough people on..

Hi karrillion

I am working on a ctf map at the moment. Most of the things that I want to do are already finish but there are some things that I would like to change in my mission (no possibility to carry the enemy flag into the own save zone and automatic flag return by death or a time limit above 5 min) the problem is that my skills in scripting are not really high. So I was reminding

that you have written a script like this for your own ctf missions a time ago. Would it be ok for you that I use your scripts in this mission? (There will be a reference in the briefing…)

For the case that this is ok for you I would have a second question. My problem is that in all of your ctf missions are really many scripts but I only would need the basic ctf script (take the flags and add the points to the score..) and the problem is now that I don’t know witch parts are needed for the other scripts and witch are for the basic script. So if you accidental have the basic script on our pc I would be very happy when you could post it here.

Yes I know that post have nothing to do with rts and I am sorry for that but I must be sure that karr read it and this is the easyiest way.

Greetings SN

Tis Victor!

So, hows the Updating Commin on the site?

My Laptops been in the shop now for 1-2 months from Alienware.. Hope to get back on the Server soon.

Thinkin about addin the New NuKe Xplosion?

Like: Here                        (Day)

PS: Alienware Tech Support.... ISNT!!!!

Buncha Hillbillish Grunts who think they can chug a 6 pack faster then me!Here

Ubermensch is working on new RTS3 buildings. He got permission from the maker of the Barracken building addons to use them. The radar tower now spins, etc. so it's looking cool.

This will also give everything a bit more of a military look. The West will have green, the East brown, and the Resistance a different colour, that I can't remember right now.

YELLOWWWW lol...

RTS-3-Way 0.5 is ready to go into beta testing tonight/tomorow night with a friend, I got the new spawn incorporated, and since when a team gets knocked out first, they can't cap territories, so I gave them a 3K bonus and they get 40 dollars + bonus now on the normal time clock, to make it interesting, AKA hack the enemy base and build a nuke truck ;)

I've also made the markers go faster on the units, and fixed a potential marker bug.

Just a random question, but is there any plans in the future from you Karillion or perhaps one of the more skilled mini-modders out there to make an RTS in which the AI makes more use of infantry?

It's all fun to blow away vehicles and there are a lot of cool features in RTS that I'd hate to part with, but I kind of miss having good old fashioned man to man gun battles.

BTW: I'm really looking forward to seeing 3-way when it's released.

A question though, Either east/west can't cap territories after they're command vehicle is destroyed. Is there any plans to incorporate a timer or something that perhaps the last remaining faction must hold out for before they win so that it's not just ronin taking potshots at the last remaining side until they're toast? tounge_o.gif

FYI, my website is up.  

http://ofp.info/karrillion

It's not a work of art.  Just an index with links really.

Baphomet, atm I don't have time to mess with rts3, but it wouldn't take much probably to modify one of the ai scripts to change it to an infantry script.

I'm not sure what you mean about the 3-way rts.  When one team gets knocked out and goes freelance, then there are still 2 factions to deal with.  Whoever is left standing last will win automatically.

We played 3way 0.5 the other night and it worked pretty well.

Hm. I was under the impression somehow that the Resistance side was going to be just sort of slapped in the middle as a baseless faction.

If not. Then I guess that makes sense.

ATM, resistance has a base and most of the amenities of the East and West, but just not as advanced. They have LGB KLR motorcycles for suicide rampages, and a nuclear bomb truck for parking in an enemy base and unleashing.

It's a lot of fun.

Actually I took out the LGB klr, it was too overpowered.

As it was it cost 3000 dollars and took 60 seconds to build and could go real fast and take out a radar, real cheap, so I took out the LGB, just heats and shells, and it costs 1000 and takes like 40 seconds to build.

I might add research for Res though, to upgrade the kamakazie bike to an LGB one.

Small update: I added the download links for the RTS missions to my webpage, and I also updated the WWII versions of RTS to include the Stuka Divebomber. The WWII addon pack has been updated as well.

does anybody know how i can change my weapons?

Make an ammo crate, then select the menu, then change your wepons!

how does one make a ammo crate if one is not the commander?

thx for the swift reply btw

PS is there a version of RTS that is set on a small island and is not dominated by tanks?

Build a construction Jeep at the tank factory, and from that build an ammo crate.

Sarugao is set on a small island. Insofar as tanks go, are you playing in Single player? Also, Ackropolis NW is a mini-rts of sorts.

im playing single player to learn the system

i do think the game is DOMINATED by tanks (& other vehicles)

is there anyway of increasing the cost of tanks so as to make infantry a better option?

also is RTS played online in leagues or ladders?

BTW KARR RTS is a -ing work of genius

Oh the joys of RTS3-ARRAYS-Units.sqs!

You have to explore that script, and where it says the vehicles, change the money part.

For example:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">WHeavyArmor = [["M1Abrams",13000,45,"iAbrams","M1A2 Abrams",NULL,"vcl"]]

Change the 13000 to how much you want it to cost, say 20000, ect, and yes, you have to do this for every array/vehicle you want changed smile_o.gif

previously i had DLd RTS3 & addons seperatly and manged to get some of the missions to work

because i wanted to played acropolis NW and saguro (and they just gave me a long list of stuff that wasn't there) i uninstalled everything and reinstalled OFP/Res (plus patches) and OFPWatch

then i used OFPwatch to DL all the gubbins, went out for the evening, when i got back it had finished DLing

when i tried playing non of the RTS missions was avialable on any of the islands

my shortcut path (written by OFPwatch) looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=@RTS3Core -mod=@Islands -mod=@Auxilary -mod=@BCWWII

any ideas guys?

The RTS3 Missions are separate downloads from the addons. You'll need to go to my website to get the latest RTS3 mission pack. OFPWatch only gets the necessary addons, not the missions themselves.

'Oh the joys of RTS3-ARRAYS-Units.sqs!

You have to explore that script, and where it says the vehicles, change the money part.

For example:

Code Sample

WHeavyArmor = [["M1Abrams",13000,45,"iAbrams","M1A2 Abrams",NULL,"vcl"]]

Change the 13000 to how much you want it to cost, say 20000, ect, and yes, you have to do this for every array/vehicle you want changed '

where in the mission editor do i alter this?

Oh joy..

You have to unpbo the mission, via ironicly, the unpbo tool.

Then you have to copy the mission into your users/yourname/missions dir, and open the folder and search for that script and edit them, then go into the mission editor, save to MP and yeah.