KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 1.4 released

Hm. I mustn't have noticed the errors then.

So the viewdistance is client side. I'm not sure what to think of that. I'd hate to be playing against someone on some godly cray XMP or something and get sniped from 5k away. crazy_o.gif

That's why there's a max limit set to it of 3000. 900 is just too low for those who have good vid cards and such and want to put it to use. Most players on my server use 2000-3000 viewdistance.

However... if there was a way to incorporate a script based "scaling-down" of detail so you could switch between that and a default. That would be cool. That's just a random thought though. It'd make switching to a far draw distance much more useful for say piloting if you wanted to see further with a bit less lag while flying a plane and actually... being able to target something.

That's what Lod's are for. ;)

Someone could do it based on the benchmark for the client PC, sort of how the Chopper dust scripts do it, but I doubt I'll mess with that. Rather a person can go into their mission control and change it before they enter the plane and adjust it accordingly. That seems to be the easiest method. Aside from that you don't really need to be able to see something to target it with vehicle radar, since the radar can often "see" a red blip much further away than your viewdistance allows a true LOS (line of sight).

Well they don't build their squads immediately, it takes some time to do it.  I'll have to look into the script and make sure that something didn't get messed up.

no one else has the "sleeping AI leaders" problem?

I tried as squad leader:

rts3 @ vietnam kolgujev 1.4 [karr] (24).Cain.pbo

6 AI east and 3 AI west + me

beside the point that the commanders where building S-25 and A10 at the baracks, no changes

the squad leaders on both sides where standing around the HQ for the full game.

Regards,

quiet_man

Dargh! They need more LOD's then.  tounge_o.gif

Anyhow. I decided to give RTS with the modern addon pack a spin. I played on the Kolgujev map and I must say there were a few good features I was missing. The first being the m109 palladin. I was very impressed with the "shell cam" idea. However for some reason after I line up my shot and it lands. When I go back my view starts going back down again instead of staying where it was when I fired... and it's frustrating to try and fine tune my aim when I have to start completely from scratch. It feels more like I'm doing it at random than actually using the process of elimination to hit a target. That wasn't scripted in was it? It doesn't look like it but. I thought I'd ask.

Aside from that. I was just wondering. Is it scripited into the ai what vehicles they will use and what ones they won't? I noticed some vehicles the AI would just never get used at all. The f-18, the commanche, etc. It'd be nice to see those in action. Only I don't really want to just sit around building things and directing the whole show. So I usually let the AI commander do that.

... one more thing. I noticed something odd when I was playing as nato. A CH-47 would be built and it would start to take off but then it would just hover over the base and it would never move. I'm not sure what's going on there but it doesn't seem like it's supposed to happen.

@ quiet_man.

No. Then again I haven't played the sebnam missions.

The ai does take a while to start building things in general it seems, but they do eventually start and it's mostly helos.  tounge_o.gif

I kind of wish ground/infantry battles would happen a bit more. That's kind of a CTI thing though.

Baphomet, the best way to use ammo cam is after you fire, keep the fire button pressed. For some reason after you get your view back, the turret doesn't move much at all. That's the best way we've found and it works well.

I'll have to check into the squad leader thing. I may re-write the script. I think something must've gotten messed up somewhere.

BTW we played RTS 3-way last night. One of the guys on my server MrZig made it, and it's pretty neat. You have suicide bomber bikes and a Truck with a nuclear bomb that will detonate if it's destroyed for Resistance. There are a number of bugs that he's working on, but I'll probably post it sometime. The neat thing is when one of the 3 teams gets their base destroyed, it deletes all their base units and they can't cap territories anymore, so they become freelancers and spawn at various flag locations.

Awesome features. However which of the maps involves using all three factions? I don't believe I've come across a map like that yet.

I know some people whom I'd play with who'd just love to be "spoilers" and go around practicing guerilla warfare without a base. So it should be interesting.

None of the current RTS-3 1.4 versions are 3-way. This is a side project that players on my server have been wanting for a while - the ability to play as Resistance.

MrZig took it upon himself to make this happen since I've been to busy doing bug fixes and optimizations on the current versions of RTS. I was somewhat skeptical of his ability to do it, I must admit, but once he finally got it working I was impressed. He had to edit a LOT of scripts and dialogs to make this work.

I plan on doing a revamp of RTS so that a mapmaker can easily make the mission 3-way, or make it Res vs. Sov's/Res Vs West, for example all by simply adding Resistance units to the map and/or removing other team's units from the map, and I'll probably use many of MrZig's ideas.

Until then, MrZig's 3-way is the only 3-way RTS. He's working on a couple of bugs, i.e. earning money and a couple of other minor things that need addressing. Once those are fixed, we'll probably release it in beta format. It requires 3 very small addons totalling about 120KB.

I just converted the small-scale Ackropolis mission over to SGH's mogadishu. Since that's even more compact than the Ackopolis mission I was thinking of tweaking the arrays.sqs file and removing some units. First I attempted to knock down the amount of time it takes to build mechanized infantry/tanks, and  bumped up and limited the variety of helos.

I also completely removed the entries in WArmorAA and EArmorAA so they resemble this:

WArmorAA = []

EArmorAA = []

However they're still building them when I play the game. Arg. I'm assuming it's not as simple as editing the arrays file.

Also there are many tents that have names build 1-12 and these crossed-out circle markers that have the letter P with a number followed by either A or B. Are the markers random spawn points?

Scratch the first part. I just saw this at the bottom of the arrays sqs:

Quote[/b] ]#TankTypes for Single Player and Coop AI

;;These are the primary tanks that the AI will use in SP and coop

Thanks Karr  smile_o.gif

I've fixed all the bugs since that game smile_o.gif

FYI, I have new hosting, but not a website yet. See information about getting the missions and addons in the first post of this thread, as I've updated it.

Thanks a ton to Cervo and the guys at

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

for the hosting.

I hope you make a xxl Version from RTS3 @ the Sarugo Island. Its very bad, that now there is only one Island active. It would be very funny, to have both Islands, and one Team on each @ beginning....

That would be really nice! Using both islands and each team starts on one if it (Perhaps with fixed Start-Positions far away from each other like Cleanrock did in his CTI-CR).

So both sides would have enough time to set up there base and and u would habe to use the cargo-choppers to attack the enemy base. That would be much more tactical than only buy a Tank and rush for the enemy base.

Mfg MEDICUS

Been playing RTS for about a week now and I'm loving it! However I can only play 1 map if I am the server which is the Everon one without the @ in the middle of it. The problem I get is that other maps report that there a mods missing or just don't load up at all. I've installed ofpwatch and it confirms that I have all the necessary files. Do all of the maps with the @ in them require me to be logged onto Karrillion's server?

Porter

Do you have your mod folders loading up properly? Also, you should be able play the Nogova version without the @ symbol in it with only RTS3Core addons loaded. You do not need to be logged into my server or anything to play with the addons. That is independent.

Look here for more information on mod folders:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpf....ers.htm

@Medicus - RTS3 Sarugao used to use both islands, but I wanted to make a compact version since we hardly ever played the Sarugao across two islands.

Thanks for the information, I will check it out when I get home, but from recollection the folder structure is correct, as are the command line parameters. I downloaded all of the mods using ofpwatch with the exception of the BAS Rangers, which I added into the @BCModern folder. From earlier posts it seems that ofpwatch will create the "correct" folder structure for me, so the problem must be with something that I have done smile_o.gif

Porter

Yeah, we played the sarugao two island version before, that's why we wanted it back wink_o.gif

Also, it would be cool if each team starts on a different island, in our games they started on the same. This would make attacking the enemy difficult if enough air defenses and would require some different tactics.

Anyone with basic knowledge of mission editing can de-pbo the mission and simply re-arrange the territory markers. Then all you have to do is separate the random location markers and build locations. I.e. marker 1a would be on one island and 1b on the other.

Anyone with basic knowledge of mission editing can de-pbo the mission and simply re-arrange the territory markers.  Then all you have to do is separate the random location markers and build locations. I.e. marker 1a would be on one island and 1b on the other.

Ok. I think i'll try this.

Mfg MEDICUS

Ok. I think i'll try this.

Mfg MEDICUS

Wow supi.gif

Thats sound greath, Medicus blumen.gif

Sarugo with both Islands is a "must have"

CF

i said i'll try it .... never said i'm able to tounge_o.gif

Will tell you if i could change it.

Mfg MEDICUS

i dont know if this has been mentioned before, but why not use those barracken base addons for the base buildings? just edit them to have different colours, or just use brown for one side and green for the other.

also, what are the chances of the HTTV, Suchey's marines, AKM74's russians and Sebastian's Dune buggies being put into the game? they are all pretty hardcore and would fit nicely into the game. at least i think so, :P

enough of the input, time for the thanks:

thanks for the RTS series, they have all been fun, and i do believe its one of the most fun modes of OFP ive ever played. smile_o.gif

Thanks Karr  smile_o.gif

I've fixed all the bugs since that game smile_o.gif

Hi MrZig

I have put RTS-3 3way on my RTS-3 WebDownloadmirror

RTS3 Web-Download Mirror

What is the newest Mission of RTS3 3Way?

For i few day`s i see:

rts3 @ zig3way Nogova 0.4 .noe.pbo

rts3 @ zig3way Nogova 0.4a .noe.pbo

on Karrillions Server, today i see also an:

rts3 @ zig3way Nogova 0.4b .Noe.pbo

Mission there. I`m currently updating the Files, because i see that u have worked on the Addons.. First i though, that 0.4a is the Alpha-release, and 0.4 its the currently Beta, but the 0.4b i found today is confusing me wink_o.gif

@ Col. Psycho: The sugestion about the Buggy is nice ^^

CannonFodder

I have released RTS3 1.41. This fixes several bugs, including the respawn bug, and the AI squad commanders not capturing territory. More info in the first post of this thread.

Cannonfodder - the a does not mean alpha. Beta 4a and Beta4b are just like version numbers, i.e. 1.40, 1.41.

Zig made some changes to it. BTW, make sure you get the latest version of his RTS3Res Addons. They are on OFP watch for my server.

I have released RTS3 1.41.  This fixes several bugs...

[...rts3way...]

BTW, make sure you get the latest version of his RTS3Res Addons.  They are on OFP watch for my server.

thank you, all is Updated smile_o.gif

RTS-3 Web-Download Mirror

CannonFodder