KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 1.4 released

@ jelly belly - we are usually on in the evening like 7 -12 pm EST sometimes earlier or later - saw you there with ofpwatch, but was busy. Last night was a dead night on the server.

@ luk - I am not the best person to answer this, but bottom line is income is a multiple of the points you have when you push "I" to see your score, and a multiple of how many territories that your team occupies, so the higher that score the more you will make. Kill more and cap more to earn more.

As for getting an ai squad leader into a vehicle, if you are commander, there is a button in Command and control that lets you individually control the men in the squad or watch them. Right now I do not remember the specific route to it since I have not done it in a while, but if you got to the menu for "capture territories" then you are close. I was messing around in this and found those controls. The thing I noticed though is when the game is far in, lag sometimes doesn't let you get the control you want. I kept tellin some ai of a player who disconnected to get out of a tank that was near me so I could take it, but they never did, so I just blew it up and rebuilt it.

@Luk - Scoring works like so:

Every 60 seconds your team gets money based on territory worth * # of territories. All territories are based at $25 right now, but someone could make some territories worth more if they wanted. When you get money for territories, each player earns a bonus based on their score * # territories controlled.

Example:

territory income: $25 * 5 territories controlled

bonus: playerscore * 5 territories controlled

To control AI squad leaders, bring up the Mission Status screen, click Command and Control and then there are options under that. I don't have it in front of me, but on the command and control screen there are options to tell them to move to waypoints, etc. There should be a button named "Control Group". you click on the soldier whose squad you want to control, then click that button.

Then you will see a list of all members of the group and all the vehicles near them, and the names of the units in the vehicles. Then highlight the leader (or any other unit you want) in the left frame, and then highlight the vehicle you want them to get into in the right frame. Then you can click Get in as Commander, Driver, Gunner, etc. And they should get in, unless the vcl is a long ways away. Sometimes lag prevents this from working properly on a dedicated server, but it should work most of the time fine in a local game on your PC.

Great effort Karr & Co.

Incidentally, what version of Ackropolis is in this pack? biggrin_o.gif

Thanks,

Cornhelium

its schmuck of course.

I wasn't on the server till 11 or so but I was watchin what was goin on with ofp watch while I was puttin together part of the new pc

I was just going to make a quick enquiry as to whether or not certain addons with features that require scripts to enable them in multiplayer have been addressed. I noticed that Bratty's F-4U is used by RTS in one of the addon missions and I was wondering if it was fully supported.

For those who search a fast Download-mirror:

www.bloodcore.info/rts   without WWII-Version @ the moment  wink_o.gif

I`ll try to upload wwii till sunday too. The Page is in German, but i think its easy to find the Downloadsection  crazy_o.gif

@ Karrillion:

i get some errormessages when i try to load rts-vietnam, but it works too.

I hope you make a xxl Version from RTS3 @ the Sarugo Island. Its very bad, that now there is only one Island active. It would be very funny, to have both Islands, and one Team on each @ beginning.... This would be a nice thing supi.gif

CannonFodder

seing as Karrs site is down, can anyone tell me how to install vietnam version. I got seb nam pack 2 already.

seing as Karrs site is down, can anyone tell me how to install vietnam version. I got seb nam pack 2 already.

You need the rtscore & sebnam package from Karrillion.

I can offer you & all other, to Download all kind of RTS-3:

- Core

- Modern

- Vietnam

- WWII

in form of complete separate Modfolders from my RTS3-Mirror Website:

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Red'>RTS3 Downloadmirror</span>  </span>

http://www.bloodcore.info/rts

Otherwise you could too get all needet Files via OFP-Watch. I think this Screenshots would explain OFP-Watch a little bit...

CannonFodder

I was just going to make a quick enquiry as to whether or not certain addons with features that require scripts to enable them in multiplayer have been addressed. I noticed that Bratty's F-4U is used by RTS in one of the addon missions and I was wondering if it was fully supported.

The Corsair no longer needs anything to run in multiplayer.Since the "init' eventhandler is now global.

Other addons that needed init lines should no longer need them either.

Karillian was using the Corsair before the patch,and had it working well then too,he's a genius

Some addons that may have needed init but just didn't bother ,should work now also.

(my Sb2c comes to mind,I scripted it from the "init" eventhandler then,I had no idea the init wasnt global,but its all fixed now ,thanx Bis!!!)

@cannonfodder. i have all the relivent addons etc, just wonderd how i could manually install them to work with rts.

Jelly Belly all you have to do is activate the Nam addons. If you know how to make a mod folder, then simply put the Nam pack into a mod folder and then activate it and you can play the NAM RTS's just fine.

There's a section on Avon Lady's FAQ about making mod folders. Just search for "mod folder" and I think that'll take you where you need to go. I used to have a direct link on my website.

I sent this e-mail to Charlie, maker of Ackropolis, and he said when I enquired about his latest version:

Quote[/b] ]The beta version can be found on Karllions server. I just don't have the time to work on it anymore. If you have not seen Ackropolis Final Beta, you will notice lots of big changes. Hope you like it, thats why I created it.

Any chance of getting some of your files hosted elsewhere whilst your site is down? Or maybe CannonFodder_ could? I'm not up on my deutsch, but I can always run the page through babelfish to get the general idea. wink_o.gif

I have set up a temporary FTP site. I'm working things out with OFP.cz, but since we're in different timezones, it's taking a while to sort things out.

The best way to update is thru OFPwatch right now since I'm using FTP.

@JellyBelly - you can name the modfolder whatever you want. I named mine @Nam. So you should have a folder structure like so:

@Nam\addons\<nam addons files in here>

The reason some of my other addons packs start with BC is to indicate that it's a custom addon pack, i.e. it's not something that was released as a pack like SEB Nam Pack 2 was. This way you can put all those addons into a folder for playing specific missions, like RTS, or when you play on my server, for example.

The best way to update is thru OFPwatch right now since I'm using FTP.

Hello, I used OFPwatch and also read the F****** Manual (what ever I found) tounge_o.gif

some questions:

when playing as squadleader with AI commander (either by starting as squadleader or by starting as commander and passing command to AI), the other AI squadleader stand around the HQ doing nothing

The AI is building tanks, helicopters and planes (even of tech that isn't researched) that move out capturing towns and attacking enemies, but the leaders don't move

no infantry is build (or so few that I haven't recognized)

Is this a feature or a bug?

Regards,

quiet_man

Hmm, the squadleaders should run to the CommandHQ as soon as it is built. After that they will run to the Tankfactory and start building squads and capping towns. They will only do this if you started the game with an AI commander. If you start as commander then they won't do anything unless you tell them to.

Got me OFP watch and It's pretty easy to get up and running. I especially like the direct downloading option as opposed to just installing it for me. I am having some trouble trying to figure out what file has Ackropolis, since I thought logically it'd be the islands pack and... it ain't in there.

-EDIT-

Nevermind. I found it in the bootcamp modern compilation on that german site.

Hmm, the squadleaders should run to the CommandHQ as soon as it is built.  After that they will run to the Tankfactory and start building squads and capping towns.  They will only do this if you started the game with an AI commander.  If you start as commander then they won't do anything unless you tell them to.

I did some more testing but they don't move.

If I start with AI commander the leaders only run to the HQ, after the base is build then some AI (I think the commander) builds four tanks and two helicopters/planes that move out to attack and three flak tanks that defend the base, nothing more is build by the AI.

if I build the base myself and switch to AI commander, the leaders run to the tankfactory and build a field full of empty tanks crazy_o.gif

I'm using 1.96 and my commandline looks like this:

D:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=@land;@RTS3Core;@Islands;@cuba;@RTS_Marpat;@RTS_NAM;@RTS_WWII;@RTS_Modern;@Auxilary

I have also tried to remove any addon that is not needed for the mission I play, but no change

the renaming of addon folders should cause no problems!?

Regards,

quiet_man

Well they don't build their squads immediately, it takes some time to do it.  I'll have to look into the script and make sure that something didn't get messed up.

I do know that some units won't be built until the commander finishes researching advanced tanks, etc.

@Baphomet - The new version of Ackropolis should be in the islands pack. I double-checked it and it's in there for me. If you downloaded it from my FTP then it should definitely be in there.

BTW I've throttled down the max dload speed to 10KBps on my FTP to keep the server from getting lagged out.

Karrillion, i registered, that some "zivil" Buildings now appears as East-Headquater. So the own KIs loss their Munition on nonsense Targets.

Also if you play against KI, i registered that its fine to build the Base near such Building, because the KI fight too against the civil Targets ^^

CannonFodder

Hey. I thought there was still an addon-free version of RTS. I downloaded the core files and it tells me I need the STT KLR and some other F15 thing.

What gives?

When I download the file from ofpwatch it says @Rtscore, As opposed to the non-addon requiring rts core files I'm assuming?

It says I don't need rtsvehicles.pbo but I'm not sure if that will mean I still won't get the "missing rtsunits" error.

... Ok that fixed it. Go me..

@CannonFodder - Yes, because the model is the same for the buildings, it is sometimes shown as an enemy/friend. I need new building models, but I don't know how to make addon models so these will have to do for now.

Someone offered to make some simple new buildings for RTS, but I never heard from them again. sad_o.gif

@Baphomet - The "non-addons" versions do require the RTS3CoreAddon. They're really addons "lite" versions. There's an ackropolis version "lite" that does, of course, require Ack.

Yep. I figured that was the case. Like CTI. That doesn't bother me at all. I've played a few games. It's fun stuff. Especially on Nogova.

However. I have noticed a few zero divisor errors and a few other little errors that pop up here and there. I don't recall the last version having those.   rock.gif

Anyhow. I noticed one other thing. The draw distance control in the mission menu thing. Is that controllable by anyone or just the commander? If not. What sqs file determines the drawdistance? I like mine at 900m.

Viewdistance is client-side, i.e. you set it to your preference and it affects no-one else. RTS3-OPTIONS-Change.sqs is the control script for that. Almost everything done with the dialogs is client-side only because of the nature of the way added actions are exec'd client side. Some use public variables to change global things, however, like giving money, etc.

The 0 divisor errors are from the Radar detection of enemy/friendly units. Sometimes, a unit that is in the loop dies before being removed, i.e. it's coming up non-existant because it died. I've added in some stuff to counter this, but the loop moves pretty fast so it's bound to happen occasionally. You'll especially notice it after mass destruction when a lot of units are killed. Those errors have been in the mission since the first betas that included the Radar towers.