KaRRiLLioN

Rts-3 1.4 released

RTS-3 1.41 is now released.

You can get the missions here:

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/karr/RTS3_141.zip

My FTP Mirror

I'd recommend getting OFPWatch to download and install all addons for the mod, especially since my website is down  Get it here:

http://www.binarybone.com/ofpwatch/

After you get OFPWatch, use my server address for the one to get addons from:  

New Website: http://ofp.info/karrillion

I've made a large number of changes to gameplay and bugfixes since version 1.0, and the addon packs have changed considerably.

1.41 Fixes

-Fixed bug in respawn where players would appear at their Command HQ before hitting Deploy button

-Fixed bug where if player died during Outro, the Re-deploy dialog would come up

-In SP and Coop, AI squad leaders now aggressively capture territories

1.4 Changes:

Economy -

The economy has been retooled for balance.  Every 60 seconds each team member earns money based on the number of territories they hold, and their individual score.  Each territory can be configured to be worth a certain amount, but for now they're all worth $25.  So if your team holds 4 territories, then it's 5*25 every 60 seconds.  Also, your score is multiplied times the number of territories your team holds to give you a bonus.  Each time your team captures a territory, each player on the team is awarded 2 points.

Research -

There is now Advanced Tank Research, so each team starts out with basic tanks rather than main battle tanks.  Research must be completed in a certain order.

Building the base -

All buildings must now be built within a 500m radius of the Command HQ.  This prevents the hiding of certain base buildings across the map which can uneccessarily prolong a game.

Respawn -

Respawn in RTS has always been too fast, so now when you perish, you are given a loadout screen and then the choice of which base building to respawn at.  There is a timer that delays your respawn.

Addons -

The addon packs have been retooled and many unessecary addons were cut out.  The DKM T12UM was added as was the M1A2 by Sigma to add some more depth to the line of tanks available for each team.  The WWII pack has several new additions and there's a large variety of tanks available.  The SAM sites have been redone.  No longer can they be used for destroying bases and tanks.  They now only have AA missiles which can be shot in a volley at fast-moving aircraft.  You can shoot tanks and other land vehicles with them, but it'll take a lot of shots to do any damage.

Menus -

Most of the menus have been reworked to allow for quicker selections.

Optimizations -

I went through almost every script and optimized them by removing uneeded code, and by adding longer pause times where I could.  RTS will still lag if each team has a lot of AI running around shooting stuff up, but I've put in a lot of cleanup code to help keep the landscape from being littered with too many bodies.  Also, if vehicles sit around without being recycled for too long, they'll be deleted.

RTS-3 still has WWII, Vietnam, and Modern versions.  There are also "lite" versions of modern which have almost no addons.  Only the RTS3 Core addons are required for those versions.  I also included a version of Mini-RTS which was an idea one of the players on my server came up with.  It's basically RTS based in a very small area so it leads to some very intense battles.  

I also changed the territory configurations around on most islands so as to create more strategic bottlenecks, etc rather than spreading all of the territories over the entire islands.  Most of the players agree that it brings more meaning to capturing territories with all of the changes made now.

RTS is playable in Multiplayer up to 24 players, Coop up to 12 players vs. AI, and Single player - you as the commander of AI squadunits, or you as a squadmember with an AI commander.

Heres the list of the types of RTS and the islands upon which they are available:

Modern Addons versions (BootCamp Modern Addon pack, Island pack, Auxilary pack, RTS3 Core Addons required)

Ackropolis

Ackropolis mini-RTS (much smaller territory to fight over)

Everon

Malden

Kolgujev

Nogova

Sarugao

Bears Lahta

WWII Versions (Bootcamp WWII pack, Island pack, Auxilary pack, RTS3 Core addons required)

Ackropolis WWII

Cuba WWII

Everon WWII

Skye Island WWII

Non-Addons (addons-lite) versions (RTS3 Core Addons only)

Ackropolis (this version needs the Island and Auxilary packs

Everon

Nogova

Vietnam Versions (RTS3 Core addons, SEB Nam Pack 2)

Sarugao

Ia Drang Valley

Enjoy!

//EDIT: //

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:Red'>RTS3 Downloadmirror</span>  </span>

You will find there all kind of RTS3 as separate Modfolders for WWW-Download:

RTS3 -Core, -Vietnam, -Modern, -WWII

http://www.bloodcore.info/rts

Otherwise you could too get all needet Files via OFP-Watch. I think this Screenshots would explain OFP-Watch a little bit...

CF

Actually, the only files that are different seem to be bas_soar (where we use v2 and RTS uses v1.1), bas_soar185 and bas_lbs185 (where we use the versions with fixed dependencies done by Killswitch) and the stt_klr, where i changed requiredVersion to 185.

Two thumbs up for rts. The new economy really promotes a higher level of team play plus the new drop down selection for the set view distance and give money menu really help when your driving or flying around and need to access it.

*But my favorite new thing about the version 1.4 is being on Karr's team and knowing if were about to loose he can always use his pateneted "remote nuke detonation script" wich will distroy all buildings in a 500km radius of the enemies HQ. This includes the MCU no matter were its located on the map.* wink_o.gif

I like stealing the enemy team's MCU and watching them get pissed as we satchel their base ;)

I like stealing the enemy team's MCU and watching them get pissed as we satchel their base ;)

Good times, good times indeed  biggrin_o.gif

Yay.jpg

Good ol' Enemy commander didnt see Me, KaRRiLLioN, and Mrzig coming  tounge_o.gif

Outstanding work! I know its years of progress and I am dl all new now.Was wondering why this isn't posted in addons: complete as it is sorta mod.And the site is sorta slow,any other hosts?

Someday you should look at the scripts and such I did when I first got OFP on the rts setup I was doing.Maybe some ideas in there for you?

I need help. I am trying to get RTS3 to work and have all the relavent addons to play Modern, but every readme is telling me to create this mod folder and edit that shortcut. Someone PLEASE tell me where all these addons go and how the hell i get it to work.

At the moment i have 4 folders (@auxilory, @RTS3Core, @Islands, and @BCModern in my OFP directroy, and my shortcut target looks like this.

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -mod= @RTS3Core; @BCModern; @Islands: @Auxilory

I get an error message when i run this shortcut, then when i click on Multiplayer, OFP Crashes.

Did you try using OFPwatch?  That program is great for scanning what u have and then telling u what you need to download.

If you did it manually, then when you unzipped it to your Operation Flashpoint root folder, it would automatically make the mod folders so the path would look like so:

\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\@RTS3Core\addons\<files in here>

\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\@BCModern\addons\<files in here>

OFPWatch automates this. I'm not sure what's crashing you when you try to start up.  Try making your command line look like this:

Quote[/b] ]

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@RTS3Core; @BCModern; @Islands: @Auxilory

I'm not sure if that will help.  Maybe remove the space between -mod= @RTS3Core as in my example.

I would recommend you install OFPWatch and then have it scan.  If you need stuff then it'll let you know.

I've been asked a lot how to play Single player for this. You dont' go under SP missions or campaign, rather you start a multiplayer game but only with yourself like so:

To play single-player mode you have to actually go into the multiplayer setup to start it because you respawn and such.

Simply start the game, Click on Multiplayer, then click New. Now select whichever island you want to play on and find RTS3 listed there. Now start click OK to select the mission.

In order to have enemies to play against, you must leave an AI in at LEAST the top slot of the enemy team. You can also leave AI in the other slots, but I wouldn't recommend going past 4-5 depending on your computer specs.

For your team, if you are in the top slot, then you will be the commander. Otherwise, leave an AI in the top slot and you will have an AI commander. Again, any AI you leave in the other slots will be AI squad leaders who will start capping towns and such after the base is built.

Coop is similar, except of course you'd have another player on your team playing against an AI commander/squads.

i pretty sure its not addon related. I think i just installed it wrong or something. For each part, do i have to create a new Mod folder in my root directory?

I tried the new target, with no success. I am getting this error message when open the shortcut.

No entry 'config.bin.CfgAddons'.

Any ideas?

Lol I know your EXACT problem.

Look closely, Very closeley at

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@RTS3Core; @BCModern; @Islands: @Auxilory

this line

@BCModern; @Islands: @Auxilory

After @Islands should be a ; not a :

so it should like like

@BCModern; @Islands; @Auxilory

I just got a notice from my host for the missions and addons. It appears that they had so many hits that it took their webserver offline and I may have to find another host.

So it appears that my addons packs won't be obtainable for a while until I get this settled. Sorry.

@MrZig

Yeah, i saw that and changed. still no luck.

Dont suppose you know what that no entry crap means?

I had that error when I put another ; at the end of the last mod folder shortcut, like

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@RTS3Core;@BCModern;@Islands;@Auxilory;

Supposed to make it

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@RTS3Core;@BCModern;@Islands;@Auxilory

Jelly Belly,

Earlyer someone asked you if you use ofpwatch, but you didn't respond. I suggest copy of ofpwatch grabbing you a at ofpwatch download

once you do this:

unzip the .exe file and place it in your operation flashpoint folder

then right click you the .exe and send a short cut to your desk top

now make sure to delete all your addon folders (not untill Karr has is ftp server back up so you can redownload them)

now go to your desk top and double click on ofpwatch

once the program starts you will see an @@ button click it

select what ever server you want to connect to

once you've done this ofpwatch will scan your operaton flashpoint folder for the respective addons.

when its done the button below the @@ button in the next box will either say MANAGE or DOWNLOAD.

if it says download that means you have addons to download so select it

the next screen will show all downloads needed click download and just let them all download in there respective mod folders.

once the download is finnished your done.

by useing ofpwatch -nosplash and the use of the 1.96 exe is already implemented all you have to do is select edit when the aproprite server is being monitored and in the other start up peramaters type in the -nomap so all the addons will not load at start up.

If this is to confusing you can allways go to ofpwatch web site for more information

I suggest copy of ofpwatch grabbing you a at

sorry, that was suppose to read "I suggest grabbing you a copy of ofpwatch"  sorry i get lexdixic sometimes   crazy_o.gif

glad to here it's working

Thanks Jelly Belly. You'll have to swing by the server for a game sometime.

@Chill - What problems are you having with the modern part? You can't get it to load the addon pack?

The modern map does not show up in multiplayer. I have all the addons, latest patch ect. Do I have to make a mod folder? And I want to use shumeys marine soldiers instead of the standard soldiers. Can this be done?

Keep up the great work Karrilion!!

Hey Karrillion!

Could you describe in deatails how does earning money works,  i played a bit (the modern RTS3 1.4) and almost all the money i collected was from recykling enemy vehicles...

Do you get more money when there is more of your units in occupied area? And how is my score going up by killing enemy units? (few units =1 point or something like that?) rock.gif

Aha - one more thing:

I played against AI (2 squads on each side) And when i buy some manned vehicle for the other squad lider and send him to capture some areas he was walkig on foot and the wehicle was slowly going after him...

How can I make the AI squad lider to take some tank and move fast to fight ;) ?

Thanks for any explanation!