Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

You and flashpoint today: a poll

If i play, I usually stick to multiplayer.

However, I had to choose 9 since when I do play, I play in extended bursts. Then pause for a long time. etc...

Voted 8 as that's the way I play most often, coop all the way. I also make addons for FDF mod and sometimes missions, usually coops. Well made campaigns and single missions are too my favourites, especially ones using addons.

I only really play multiplayer now. Occasionally play around in the editor and campaign missions for new mods, but I prefer playing Coop online with FDF mod.

Haven't been playing much recently though - too much work on sad_o.gif

I like to make missions and fiddle with addons, but nothing of mine is worthy of release. sad_o.gif

I like playing Coop missions in my little home LAN. Some of my best gaming moments EVER, happened during these sessions, playng witha friend.

I have built some outrageous missions where you have a chopper and massive amounts of tanks. But the type i prefer is those infantry missions where you move from one objective to another.

"Clear the monastery, make way for armor, support assault on base type of mission."

I play mp like a couple of times in a week using the best addons. and I also I test kool addons when they come out. sad I used to play like 20 hrs of ofp a week lol

I dont play because I own a Mac now, and it doesnt work. but that is just a temporary situation, because I will be building a new PC for home soon smile_o.gif

I don't play as much as I used to, but still play occasionally..and wherever necessary I help out in making addons if asked.

Play around in the editor. Small special effect's scripts from time to time. Combat Photography, obviously.

Well, im not suprised, put it this way, when i was a gamer i didnt visit this forum, when i became a modder i did.....im guessing a large (well, 1/5th from the poll) proportion of those who voted only saw this thread because they come here as addon makers. And if you addon make, trust me, you dont have time for any major playing!

That isn't 100% true.. sure.. I make addon's.. but I can still find time to play some MP now and then.

smile_o.gif

You just have to make time to play MP.. just to remind you what you are doing it for (and to find out what OFP lacks or could use wink_o.gif)

I'm really sort of an amalgam of multiple criteria on that survey... So I chose "other".

-I usually play multiplayer (co-op usually). Sometimes I will play a single player mission. Usually the missions are user made by me or someone else unless it's 1-16 coop nogova. Which is excellent. However I haven't "played" lately because I haven't had much opportunity to play multiplayer (because I refuse to play on the net).

-When I'm not playing multiplayer I am editing a lot, whether it's fiddling with scripts and creating ideas for missions to play when my friends get together. I make modifications to existing addons frequently. Actually almost all of the addons I download are usually customized to my liking in some way. Usually sound/cpp/script, because I'm not interested in texturing. I also have made my own little cpp pack which references the standard bis weapons and vehicles with new sounds or cpp tweaks. I don't consider myself an addonmaker by any stretch despite this.

Yeh but FW, this is what you MAINLY do.....most people here MAINLY edit. biggrin_o.gif

I just normally play OFP every now and then. I usally now play different games, OFP got kinda boring to me wink_o.gif

Dont play much anymore. When I do play, I usually play around in the editor a bit and make small skirmishes, usually recreating some part of a war movie I recently looked at. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]most people here MAINLY edit.

I don't even get to look at nice models, I spend a lot of my OFP time working with Wordpad tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]When I do play, I usually play around in the editor a bit and make small skirmishes, usually recreating some part of a war movie I recently looked at.

I usually make small battles or firing-squad executions.

I voted "other".. as I generally do a bit of everything

Currently I play coops and MP

Also do missions for myself and others.

And finnally I help with some addon creation (still learning)

I do a couple of them, not much missions, online or MP anymore mostly in the editor trying out new addons, making missions which i tell myself i will finish and release one day...

And of course setting up stuff for the combat thread pictures. I'm kinda addicted to that at the moment wink_o.gifcrazy_o.gifmad_o.gif

Haven't played OFP in well over 6 months. Never d/l FDF, any BAS just a few WW2 addons

I do have the Res CD permanently in my CD Drive though as I use Oxygen pretty much every single day.

When I have something in game I play a little with the editor and thats about it.

One day Ill have to d/l some of the addons / mods people keep talking about.

i choose made mission for me and others , others are my friends but im thinking about releasing stuff to the public too biggrin_o.gif i got a mission in the works that can be downloaded here ofpsource that is going to show off some beta missions before i upload 'em to some of the bigger sites when i feel they are good enough wich i always take a lot of time to do sad_o.gif

the missions i make are usually played in lan and some itnernet games to with friends , both coop and some other sorts o missions tounge_o.gif

I chose 7 - Making missions for me AND the public, as most of you already know! wink_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]