Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

You and flashpoint today: a poll

Hi guys

If you wouldn't mind humoring me, if you're still playing OFP, how do you usually play it? Please select the answer that BEST reflects your current usage of OFP.

Explanations:

1. Play in the editor: This means that you just like plopping some units down and shooting up the bad guys. You don't normally make structured missions, but you like to play around. Or, you like setting up shots for the combat photography thread.

2. Play original campaigns/missions. You like the challenge of the original BIS missions and campaigns, and you find yourself playing them again and again.

3. Play user missions/campaigns: You play a lot of user made missions and campaigns, though not necessarily missions and campaigns that come with the mods. These can be single missions and campaigns that come with one or two addons (ORCS VDV, Tonal/Tango pack, RHS tanks, etc.)

4. Play with full mods: I usually only play missions and campaigns that come with full mods (BOH, ROC, FDF, CSLA, etc.).

5. New addons. Similar to #1 above, but you like searching out the newest addons and playing with them in the editor. It's the addons that keep bringing you back to OFP.

6. Missions/addons for yourself. You make a lot of complete missions/addons, or at least try to, but you almost never get around to finishing or posting them for others to play.

7. Missions/addons for you and the community. You primarily enjoy the challenge of mission/addon making, and you release many of your missions/addons to the community.

8. Multiplayer. You may play in single player mode, but you really like playing against other people.

9. You don't play anymore. Why not? Do you play something else now? What is it? Do you just come here because you like the community? Do you prefer making addons/scripts?

10. Other. Something I missed?

I know a lot of you will want to answer more than one of the above, but I'd really like to know what the single most important factor that brings you back to OFP or keeps you in the community. Hopefully you can find the internal fortitude to pick one answer and pigeonhole yourself. wink_o.gif

Thanks for humoring me. smile_o.gif

What if i do a lot of things from the poll ? rock.gif

I cant vote for 4-5 options can i?

How about one that says i do it all ? tounge_o.gif

I don't usually play anymore sad_o.gif But I'm not playing anything else either. Don't have so much time atm, but I check the forums to see if anything new has come out.

mmm..i voted other, im a shameless addon collecting addict, who messes in editor to make little simple missions for private usage, im an inconditional fan of FDF,WGL and MTCO, but mainly, when i have free time i play with my squad online (thats were all the fun is, so probably i should have voted MP)

Down with CQB...long life to C&H and A&D!!! smile_o.gif

i usally make missions for me. At the moment i'm making a mission with the CSLA addons. I may release it to the public (Thats you guys and girls tounge_o.gif )

I mess around in the editor a lot, mainly checking out new addons.

I also play coop LAN session with about 6 or 7 other guys as often as I can (next session, March 12...)

I rarely play online anymore, but every now and then for something special, like a Zeus coop night.

wink_o.gif

I mess around in the editor a lot, mainly checking out new addons.

I also play coop LAN session with about 6 or 7 other guys as often as I can.

Ditto.

Barely play OFP anymore. Sometimes checking out some interesting addons/mods, but that's it.

Lately played mostly Warlords 4.

i voted for the 1. option but i´m also very addon addict, do like full mods and it´s sometimes a great pleasure to play some onlinecoops too smile_o.gif

6. Missions/addons for yourself. You make a lot of complete missions/addons, or at least try to, but you almost never get around to finishing or posting them for others to play.

7. Missions/addons for you and the community. You primarily enjoy the challenge of mission/addon making, and you release many of your missions/addons to the community.

I'm currently at #6 smile_o.gif since I'm lousy at finishing stuff.. but when NAFP is released I will carry on to #7 smile_o.gif

Other.

I play coop with Jap and edit a little. Using ECP of course...

It doesn't fit under multiplayer since we're playing together against AI.

Oops. I clicked multiplayer before reading the definitions.

I'm like iNeo ^ - most of my play is coop against AI.

I voted 7 for the obvious reasons...

But now I have my new "powerful" PC, I'm actually getting back into playing missions and campaigns (I can't stand playing self-made stuff, because I allways know where the next lot of badguys are coming from...)

Yeah well....more then one option for me....

But i put in just multiplayer to make it simple.

I play in editor for myself, i make missions for our server now and then, (Zeus Addon server that is) and i play on our servers in multiplayer. Also i play for our core squad the Zeus Spartans in the EFL.

Now let me think....yeah let's just leave it at the 'i play multiplayer' option to make it simple.  biggrin_o.gif

p.s. Ya'll come visit us at the servers  wink_o.gif

Number 7 but others are mainly my best freind which I force to try them again and again.

STGN

8 (MP) for obvious reasons wink_o.gif

I do enjoy well made SP missions, too, mostly when I am sick at home and until people come online later in the evening.

I dont really play OFP much any more sad_o.gif

i just like to keep in touch and see the new things in the community. I use to make missions but i now find my self with lack of time and insperation.

At the moment im mainly playing battlefield 1942, not as gd as OFP but its nice for a quick blast with lots of ppl in a server.

I voted for #3, although #4 represents my behaviour better. Since my lack of time, I'm still strugling with the campaign of some mods, especially the BAS campaign and the FDF maps. I sometimes play a little multiplayer, altough that has become rarely recently.

i voted for the 1. option but i´m also very addon addict, do like full mods and it´s sometimes a great pleasure to play some onlinecoops too smile_o.gif

That's exactly what I do wink_o.gif

i voted for the 1. option but i´m also very addon addict, do like full mods and it´s sometimes a great pleasure to play some onlinecoops too  smile_o.gif

That's exactly what I do  wink_o.gif

Yeah same here blues.gif

I like to play COOP online, thats what I do a lot. But also I like to make addons. And since I would probably not play OFP anymore if I would not be able to make addons, I voted No. 7 smile_o.gif

I scripted, configged, and textured today, but didn't get in one moment of actual gameplay sad_o.gif .

I voted "other".  I have played OFP since version 1.3.  I have played other fps games but I always come back to OFP.  I spend most of my time these days messing around with the editor with whatever new addon is available.  I download and play user missions from Avon's M.O.M. I would play multiplayer, but the one time I tried I did not do too well.  I got a lot of " WTF is Mb27 doing?" messages.  I also like to play the SP Mission "Bomberman" a lot.  I'm not sure why I do that.

8. Multiplayer. You may play in single player mode, but you really like playing against other people.

I like playing with other people wink_o.gif

Well, I would enjoy a little CTF or DM once in a while, it's just that everyone is too afraid of my 1337ness once I've played one game with them, beating their asses 5:1 tounge_o.gif

No, but coop is fun.

I also test out new addons and play around in the editor, or actually make some missions that will stay at 90% completed and never be released due to my laziness. sad_o.gif