Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Lost brothers mission#1- dms

Yeah, I realized that if the player doesn't realize that the primary and secondary objectives on the map require you to clear the bases (including all the buildings) they may get stuck and progress through the mission).   Also sometimes the player misses what it says in the hint screen or on the main screen.  I need to figure out how to create updates to the mission scenario as objectives are completed (I never did figure out how to do that).  

Did you find the first rebel leader ok?

I hope that the snipers gave you a good scare as you attacked the second base.  smile_o.gif  

Even because I knew where all the snipers were, I still got killed many times before I finally finished my own mission.

The JAM RPG-7s (AP) also cause the AI to shoot the RPG's at not only tanks but also at your infantry as well.   Hehehehe.

That's one reason why I like JAM.  smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice mission Miles but i have lots of gripes biggrin_o.gif and suggestions to make this a very good mission.

TO start with the weather , i dont like such dreary clouds hanging around everyhting looked too grey not the kind of time when your out hunting snipers crazy_o.gif , please change it too sunny.

Then terrorist , WHY OH WHY the res guys? When you have such a good HK pack around with typical good looking terrorists in it? PLEASE CHANGE IT. Youve already used addons generously another one wont hurt.

And whats with the mules running btw in the city ? rock.gif (it was nice but i couldnt understand the purpose ? atmosphere perhaps? But it would be better if there were more civilians around and cars about to hide behind and random objects.

Plus more voices add more , it adds atmosphere i liked the quranic recitation coming from the mosque/houses , could you add the azan too ? tounge_o.gif

One other gripe is that use a removeing dead body script so the mission doesnt LAG and have the terrorist inside somehouses shooting from inside buildings plus , make AI's movement more predictable and scripted so they follow a specific path , in my mission run thy all went their own ways and all got killed with 2-3 baddies.

Apart from all that it was a nice new mission , but it somehow still felt a bit bare boned.

Yeah I actually had it sunny before, but it felt kinda wierd... not as ominous I guess, but I'll try changing it.

The resistance guys I used just try and put a limit on the downloads. The HK pack has terrorists in it? I didn't know that. The problem with that is that its a huge pack. I was thinking of using the UCE Middle East soldiers actually... that pack is fairly small. But I'll check out the HK pack terrorists.

As for the azan, there is a little bit in the intro movie, but I didn't put in the whole thing cuz the sound file would be much too huge as the mission already is packed with alot of sounds.

There are however a few more sounds I haven't used. But if I add any more sounds it will be in the form of various radio communications during the mission.

The mules running around I just thought were helarious. They also serve as medics when you get injured. But you're right there could be more cars and civilians in the city. Perhaps one car of gunmen at the very beginning that roles up on you and your men as you're getting out of the APC. In my "operation condor" mission that happens at the beginning which is pretty scary...well at least until the Su-25 takes out the car full of terrorists.

smile_o.gif

I will try the removing dead body script if I can find it.

But as for AI paths, its difficult often to make them predictable. I may however have one unit deploy so that they assault from a different direction perhaps. But remember you also have an auxillary team that you can call in on the radio. However they go to the second base.

What is really needed is a IDF gunship of some sort. The Lost Brothers mod has our own Apache and Cobra gunships but it hasn't been released yet by Vipersheart so I can't use those.

There is always Vit's IDF Apache and Kiowa.

The problem with helicopters however is that they introduce alot of lag. I'd rather put more civilians instead.

smile_o.gif

Anyhoo... thanks for the suggestions. I'll see what I can do to implement them.

By the way, I think I will also convert this mission where you play the other side and must set up some some claymore mines to ambush the invading IDF infantry.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well I finally got this to work smile_o.gif . Good mission overall. I liek the mines you added. Is there a way to have some text come up to say you were killed by a mine. I know I died a few times without knowing what happened until I realized a minute ago they were porbably mines wink_o.gif. I suggest allowing the play to choose between the M4, M4A1, M16, and CAR-15 DMS rifles. Thats all really. Good mission unclesam.gif

Sorry AL... I fell asleep after I got home late yesterday. I blame it on my cat who's purring put me to sleep. smile_o.gif

But I'm glad you finally got the facepack. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry AL... I fell asleep after I got home late yesterday.  I blame it on my cat who's purring put me to sleep.  smile_o.gif

Cat napping? tounge_o.gif

I'm getting the "needed addon 'groups'" message, too.

Anybody know what addon this 'groups' belongs to? (I've got a feeling that you made this with an AddOns folder filled with a whole bunch of other addons, Chris?)

Also, I do not believe that a password prompt should have popped up. It doesn't for me. And I don't have the ability to block out certain downloaders, nor would I ever block out The Avon Lady. If I did, it would be self-defeating to block out the lady who can bring the mission so much publicity.

Anybody know what addon this 'groups' belongs to?  (I've got a feeling that you made this with an AddOns folder filled with a whole bunch of other addons, Chris?)

Quote[/b] ]Also, I do not believe that a password prompt should have popped up. It doesn't for me. And I don't have the ability to block out certain downloaders, nor would I ever block out The Avon Lady. If I did, it would be self-defeating to block out the lady who can bring the mission so much publicity.

The password prompt was when using GetRight. When using IE's standard download client, no file came in normally. All were corrupted in some form or another.

I have no problems downloading from any other site with either GetRight or with IE's standard DL client.

See if this thread helps.

If any of UCE's old work was involved here, see this thread about Gazmen's reworked UCE units.

Avon,

I'm wondering if maybe my website saved a cookie to your system (when you were on the LoBo team) which now requires you to login.

See if you can find a cookie for idfsquad.com on your system and then delete it.

(Though it is quite contrary to my real-life dietary habits, I manually block all cookies except the most essential ones.)

I'm wondering if maybe my website saved a cookie to your system (when you were on the LoBo team) which now requires you to login.

No. That's one of the first things I roiginally checked for. Just check again to be certain.

>>>>Nope.  Still getting the groups error from that new addon, too.  : (

Try running OFP from a clean mod folder, containing only the addons you need for the mission.

>>>>Nope.  Still getting the groups error from that new addon, too.  : (

Try running OFP from a clean mod folder, containing only the addons you need for the mission.

I'm getting the missing addons: groups message, too, at the end of the intro cutscene, when running with a separate mod folder.

Either one of the addons used has groups defined within it (that was the UCE ME Resistance units bug) or the mission.sqm's AddOns declarations has "groups" defined in it. If the latter, this can happen when you have a faulty addon in the mod folders when you started up OFP, even though you're not referencing the addon in the mission being created.

Either one of the addons used has groups defined within it (that was the UCE ME Resistance units bug) or the mission.sqm's AddOns declarations has "groups" defined in it. If the latter, this can happen when you have a faulty addon in the mod folders when you started up OFP, even though you're not referencing the addon in the mission being created.

It's the latter. Just UnPBO'd the mission. Found "groups" in the AddOns declarations.

Will remove, rePBO and test.

Ah darn... I thought I got rid of that "groups" addon reference in the mission.sqm file.   Arrrg.... I'll get rid of it again and then upload it one more time when I get home today.  

Sorry about that.  

I'll get it sorted out.

I'm also working on a LoBo airborne mission as well using the demo pack and a soon-to-be released IDF C130 beta that is undergoing internal beta testing at the moment.  But it should be ready to go soon.   It will probably involve a company size assault using two C130's fully loaded with paratroopers.

I'm not sure how the mission will end however.... either extraction by Vit's IAF blackhawks, or a "...to be continued" type mission as IDF armored units link up to the paratroopers after a tough night-time defence of a captured town in the Sanai.

Or it could be a small unit from a single C130 that goes into rescue hostages and is extracted by linking up with another C130 out in the desert somewhere in a flat area where it will take off...the trick is figuring out how to make it stay in one place and how to get the AI to load up onto the plane properly.  

So I'll have to experiment with that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>