Sign in to follow this  
vitoal125

Talking guns

for those who do not know, talking guns is when more than one machine gun are firing one after the other to make it sound like one gun shooting burst after burst. I wanted to know if anyone had a script or knows how to build a script where one M2 machine gun will fire about a 10 round burst then after a short break, a second M2 will fire a burst, and then the first, back and forth until they run out of ammo. I was thinking this could be done by having the first gun target an object and then have it fire until it has a certain amount of ammo, then have gun 2 dotarget and dofire and then just loop this, but I'm not completely sure of how to get it working.

I can't pull a script out of my ass like a few members of the community here can, but here is the jist of what I would do for a script like this.

I take a little time in the mission editor and time the amount of time it takes to fire those ten rounds off. Then make the first gun dotarget and dofire for that amount of time, then cancel the firing, and have the second machine gun dotarget and dofire for that specified amount of time. Then loop it back to the begining, and keep it going until they run out of ammo.