Sign in to follow this  
Hudson

I really need some help with this one

We are currently having a problem with a specific player that keeps logging on to our Dedicated Server under a different name everytime he logs in. He will open his mic and start broadcasting all types of anti-american garbage until we find out the name he is using and kick him. We have his user Id# and really really need to ban him as many of the regulars at the server are getting upset. I have read another post in this forum from Ondrej Spanel referring to a Ban.txt file in the user directory, what I guess we need to know is what do I need to put in the txt file to get it to work and does this work on dedicated servers or just servers launched through ofp. please any help would be appreciated guys.

I think it bans Names, not sure

you might need his IP, and just block it on the server with a Firewall like Black ice in safe mode

but that wont work it's it a dial up, only if it's static

Do a search on these forums for "ban"

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 1:30 am on Nov. 11, 2001)

No dice on the search for ban in the forums here.... should let you know this is the same problem as Angry Radish in the "Banlist" thread...... there has got to be away to get this to work. Please let us know if you find anything else about the ban.txt.

hmm I took a look and saw nothing

like I said you can ban his IP

who ever is running the server should run netstat and watch the IP that conect to it, and then watch whip IP disconects when you boot the guy, then have your Fire wall Block his IP

Simple as Pie

Gee, now that sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do every time I need to ban someone...

If only there was some INGAME support for administrating the server, like every other game on the market....

####, just a LOG would be nice, it could log ips, joins, leaves kills, etc, and could be parsed to get some nice stats for players to look at on a website......