Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

The island itself is finished about 95% but there're still some things that have to be done...like reworking the configs and some textures, creating new "intros" and of course there has to be a phase of beta-testing to make sure there're really no bugs in it.

I'm also waiting on a fixed and upgraded version of LMS "MilObject-Pack".

Greetz

Plage

latest news

Quote[/b] ]Today, only a few days before the "elections" in the United States, we want to let you live a part of democracy and let you decide!

It concerns the next and last version of Mapfact-Nogova. T.S.C. Plage was busy again and revised Mapfact-Nogova together with sniping-jack thoroughly. The two changed amongst other things Nogova's desert to grasland and added stuff from Lockheed Martin$ch's Military-Object Pack. You can find some screenshots here. The big airport was also changed so that there is a total of three different aiports on Nogova now. But all this has a little problem: as you can only define one ILS-airport in OFP, we had to add them as three different Nogovas...

(1) the old airport only (10 MB)

(2) 3 airports with 3 different configs (cheat & compability problems) (10 MB)

(3) 3 airports in one config (18 MB)

you can find the poll at mapfact.net

smile_o.gif

What do you mean with "3 airports in one config (18 MB)" ? One island with the three airports, but only one is usable?

If I could choose, I would take Nog with 3 Airports, with one useable by AI.

The more airports, the better.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

@hardrock: 3 versions of nogova, 1 config. you can't cheat with this version

@lee: you can choose here.

I have a question.

using Footmunch's F-15E causes any island with mapfact objects on it ie barracks etc to lag like a mofo..

when on an island with no mapfact objects i can fly like 5 f-15E's and no lag

@calm_terror: hm... no idea, sorry. maybe choose a lower terrain detail.

i did mine is at very low.

there most be soem kinda weird conflict with his F15E and the barracks (i think) add on. it isn't evne the poly count cuz i edited it up and cut a ton of the poly's and it still lagged..

has anyone else seen this?

man so its possible to have several airports landable by hte a.i's?? or is it just humans that can use 3 and a.i use only 1??

Screens look great, nice to see your latest stuff getting into mapfact nogova island. And thx for fixing the base lag issue too biggrin_o.gif can't wait until the new version is released smile_o.gif

Looks very promising

Quote[/b] ]man so its possible to have several airports landable by hte a.i's?? or is it just humans that can use 3 and a.i use only 1??

Cant speak for what the MapFact guys have planned, but it is possible to get the AI to land on multiple runways. Here is some screen shots of at least one version:

http://www.ofpec.com/tags_view.php?id=1166

How convincing & usefull it will be to anyone else I dont know, as the all to common OFP if's and but's apply. Although some consideration will be needed when locating multiple airports, to get the best results.

no, the three airports cannot be used at once by AI (in this version).

we released a new mission yesterday.

we also decided to make d/ls available for not registered people. smile_o.gif

oh whats gonna be in the update for the milobj pack?

and is there any chance the stuff will get released by the end of next week maybe  tounge_o.gif

JörgF. has intensified his work on the barrack update. he added some new buildings and maybe he's gonna make a winter camo for all buildings.

planned release: this year. and maybe earlier than you think wink_o.gif

Dimitry is working on a german Phantom F-4F:

phantomI.jpg

phantomII.jpg

phantomIII.jpg

he's gonna make only german versions: a blue grey version, a green camo version and something special:

98235S.JPG

the models are beased on footmunch's F4.

Wow, great news!

Oh, and please make baracken in winter look!!!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I'll second that, on both counts.

Baraken is a permanent fixture in my addons folder, so it would be great to be able to use them on the winter islands available. biggrin_o.gif

footmunch gave us his permission now and he was very cooperative. thank you footmunch.

long live ofp and its community! smile_o.gif

Hello,

As raedor already said, I will do the german version of the Phantom smile_o.gif

But I´m very busy with school at the moment, so I can´t finish this project as fast as TomiD do with his excellent planes. Maybe you get a christmas present from me. biggrin_o.gif