Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact discussion thread

Looks very nice. I love the roving searchlight idea. Maybe you could set it so that if you got caught in the beam at night it alerted the enemy to your presence. Would make spec ops missions tense and exciting. smile_o.gif

FYI: AI interacting with searchlights is one of the features of Blanco's upcoming Demolition Diver campaign (see the movie for an example).

Well good work you guys do there but i think the ofp needs more airport support bulidings because now we have so few of them.

i know this is a bit out of order to ask, but is there a chance u guys at mapfact could translate more missions into english language? Im sure its a boring task, but the community would gain a lot smile_o.gif

yes, i am translating our page and some missions atm. i try to translate all "new" missions, too. but they're too much so i get only 50% of the new missions into english before release.

since we have a new member now who knows english well, we hopefully can get a higher percentage of english missions.

raedor wrote:  yes, i am translating our page

Hey, you forgot someone who helped to translate the page mad_o.gif > wink_o.gif

No, seriously, we try... But as raedor said, it is lot of work, and we are just two translators... So it isn't easy, but we give the best we can!

raedor wrote:  yes, i am translating our page

Hey, you forgot someone who helped to translate the page mad_o.gif > wink_o.gif

No, seriously, we try... But as raedor said, it is lot of work, and we are just two translators... So it isn't easy, but we give the best we can!

I know some german and some more english smile_o.gif If you email me the sentences i could have a look at it? I think raedor has me in his MSN contact list smile_o.gif

yes, i do have your msn. thx for your offer, but this will make the situation a bit unintelligible (i mean "unübersichtlich" wink_o.gif ).

we can give you a full mission to translate, but then you'd have to make a stringtable and so on by yourself. if you want to do this, contact me (msn/pm) smile_o.gif

How about an enterable Bank with teller windows and a vault. We'll need something for the upcoming TMMC bikers to cause trouble in!!!

And maybe some airport objects rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

That would be very nice!

Perhaps something in the way of the Baracken-Addon. Military hangars (some hidden once ... looking like a small hill/perhaps with little bushes and trees on it  smile_o.gif )

Like this one:

shelter4.jpg

or some small civilian hangars like this (with out the farm-vehicle  wink_o.gif ):

Mfg MEDICUS

hangar.jpg

There are few very good shelters by the G-8 mod too  smile_o.gif

Yep,

I use them alot.

Only problem, i cant AI plane takeoff out of it, it just wont get out of the damn thing mad_o.gif

It s not that difficult now when doing an airfield strike, you hit one aircraft and all the rest next to them explode too sad_o.gif

Would be nice if AI would drive out of it and takeoff ... but it wont.

JAP

i can get the tornado out of the hanger ok with AI all i do is have its nose poking out just enough for the plane to move..u have to place it in  a special place coz if u do to close to the taxi way he tries to turn whil inside the shelter.. just play around till its right

failing that .. shoot the pilot and fly it for him

there was one thing i miss on the G8's Hanger.. and thats Animated Doors.. i would love to have the front doors to open and close and the rear Exit door to open..

i can get the tornado out of the hanger ok with AI all i do is have its nose poking out just enough for the plane to move..u have to place it in  a special place coz if u do to close to the taxi way he tries to turn whil inside the shelter.. just play around till its right

failing that .. shoot the pilot and fly it for him

there was one thing i miss on the G8's Hanger.. and thats Animated Doors.. i would love to have the front doors to open and close and the rear Exit door to open..

I think i managed with Tornado too.

But i m using the Mig 21 - 27's and that s just not happening ... i ll try to move the hangar further back from taxiway tonight when i get home, but i already tried that, maybe not enough.

Hope it works, certainly will give the extra punch to my airwar mission that it needs smile_o.gif

Cheers

ONTOPIC :

How about some dug in tank positions ? ( desert, regular, jungle and winter ones ... cant be too hard and very useful )

there already are some. but only in brown.

i don't know where i got them... in some days we'll release a mission with dkm's black eagles and the enemy will use this dug-ins to have at least a little chance to survive.

there already are some. but only in brown.

i don't know where i got them... in some days we'll release a mission with dkm's black eagles and the enemy will use this dug-ins to have at least a little chance to survive.

Great news !

smile_o.gif

So there are dug ins, just what we talked about in the armoured thread.

Can you script them with a recovery vehicle or something so you can build them with this vehicle, would be nice smile_o.gif

Can you script them with a recovery vehicle or something so you can build them with this vehicle, would be nice smile_o.gif

i could, yes. but the mission is done so far and needs only some betatesting. and i don't have the time to. sad_o.gif

Someone else mentioned configuring a building as a vehicle. With this, make the barracks (and maybe the hospital) vehicles with cargo positions. When you place someone in cargo, their proxies will have them laying in their bunks. It could be a place to store AI, among other things.

Also, someone mentioned proxy positions for bunkers, etc. How about those and a foxhole (that is partially underground). Give them M16 and AK47 gun proxies. Those will be used when in the gunner position. Would it be possible to have the gun proxies invisble until there is a gunner manning it?

--Ben

havn´t read thru the whole thread, but i´d like to see some regular farm buildings smile_o.gif

like, Barns, outhouse, siloes (spelling) and ofcourse living houses smile_o.gif

maby some more army base objects too smile_o.gif

new mission by wüstenfuchs:

THE ARMORED NIGHTMARE

d/l here. don' forget to d/l all required addons:

T12UM1 Black Eagle by DKMM (6.07 MB)

GAZ 69 v 1.2 by Marfy & Maac (2.18 MB)

Radiotower by Martin (456 KB)

Camouflage net by DKMM (130 KB)

addtionally some addons which are in the zipfile of the mission.

mission is in german AND english.

do load the mission only with the required (& official BIS) addons, some other addons do lead to ctds

Nice one , Txs!

Dloading smile_o.gif

Edit: Very nice mission...took me a couple of hours to finish it biggrin_o.gif .

I ended it with 4 functional T12UM1 Black Eagles and the rest were all repairable, although their crew were quite dead,

this mission does justice to this excellent tank and to OFP smile_o.gif

as you can see on our homepage www.mapfact.net we're developing the hk xm8... smile_o.gif

we'll make some different versions of this weapon and some really NEW scripted effects!

here's a pic:

XM8.jpg

this is a beta pic! model & textures are not done yet.

that gun looks nice even if it is a beta but i hate that colour in real life..looks ok in black smile_o.gif

we're developing the hk xm8...  smile_o.gif

Excellent, I was looking at this gun the other day and hoped someone would make it. biggrin_o.gif