Sign in to follow this  
Schoeler

Third world explosion team

Quote[/b] ]ag_smith Posted on April 20 2004,13:44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit. BTW, no comments, no requests, no new ideas, nothing from you guys? I'm surprised!     C'mon, you can do better than that!

I would like to see a third-world located first-world embassy. I know that Col. Klink is working on one as is  philcommando but neither one looks like it belongs in the third world. It does not need to be fancy but some interior use, a walled compound and a heli pad would be the major components that I would like to see created.

Along these same lines, perhaps a presidential palace or governmental executive office for some coup/rescue type missions.

I would also like to see some better bunkers/gun pits and camo netting. The BIS "shed" (I think) is only two sided and it would be nice to have something with three sides.

My .02 cents worth.

Wadmann

Anyone played SOCOM 2? My friend has it, something like that, but back in it's glory days. Or perhaps the embassy that's in that episode of JAG in Indonesia.

Problem is, now we're going to need some Marines in Delta Blues.

Maybe you can share your knowledge, Sgt. Stryker?

Edit. BTW, no comments, no requests, no new ideas, nothing from you guys? I'm surprised!  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif C'mon, you can do better than that!

ok smithy my man,

1. Buildings are great but the textures could be improved (I can help if you like)

2. How about some burned out and bombed out versions (like Hue City in Vietnam wink_o.gif )

I would love to get involved in making such things,

SYCO made some, but he wont cooperate with The Unsung, hes got his own thing going on.

syco is just plain syco, i dont really htink hes even got any of that studd in game, but yeah buildings like those are needed. Just recreating the city block in FMJ would be awesome. See in OFP if people make buildings like that they should be placed on small islandswith lotsa fog... anyways enough rambeling. I'm all for bombed out buildings and factoies, as long as they look good wink_o.gif . I second drows vote. biggrin_o.gif

Anyone played SOCOM 2? My friend has it, something like that, but back in it's glory days. Or perhaps the embassy that's in that episode of JAG in Indonesia.

Problem is, now we're going to need some Marines in Delta Blues.

I've been in the US embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia many times so if anyone needs some ideas on how it should be arranged, let me know.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

1. Buildings are great but the textures could be improved (I can help if you like)

2. How about some burned out and bombed out versions (like Hue City in Vietnam  wink_o.gif )

Any assistance is very welcome. smile_o.gif

If you want to help me with the destroyed versions or textures, I'll upload the most recent version to some ftp server tomorrow so that you can start working on them.

RE embassy buildings and such... Industrial Pack is the priority for me now so unless somebody else is willing to take care of embassy project, it'll have to wait till... later.

If anyone needs I can scrounge up pics of the American Embassy in Kuwait, my brother used to work there. Also have a sweet video of UH-60 Blackhawks landing in the compound full of SFG guys doing an embassy evac.

Just thought I'll post this here:

006.JPG

To the left: modified oiltank1.p3d. In and out pipes now in correct places. Used to store jet fuel and diesel fuel.

To the right: floating roof tank for storing crude oil, naphtas and automotive gasolines.

Click here for more goodies!

(For 3WX members & associates only: new beta version of AGS_inds available to download now, check out the members section on our forum).

============================================

Also, I need to get ahold of the folowing indviduals:

-AXE (author of VBS-shed and water tower)

-Martin (author of radiotower)

-creator of map objects for FDF mod.

I'd like to contact these people in regard to a little project I'm developing, the 3WX "3rd party objects pack".

Now, what is that, you ask? Well, basically it's a compilation of various objects around the community put together into one WRP-friendly addon for map makers convenience. [More information here].

I'd like to ask these addon makers for the permissions to include theirs work in this pack. Me and MadAussie have made several attempts to contact these people for over a month now, with no luck so far. We'd be very grateful if anybody can help us with these as this pack is almost ready to go.

Ok, now we've got permission from Martin. Thank you! smile_o.gif

AXE has seemingly left the comunnity quite a while ago. We did our best to contact him, with no luck. I think it'll be okay with him if we re-release his addons (PS. water tower ladder bug fixed) and give him a full credit.

Now, we just need the permission for using FDF Mod objects. Is anybody from this mod team around? rock.gifwink_o.gif

Just thought I'll post this here:

[mg]ttp://3wx.concept404.com/ag_smith/screenshots/006.JPG[/img]

To the left: modified oiltank1.p3d. In and out pipes now in correct places. Used to store jet fuel and diesel fuel.

To the right: floating roof tank for storing crude oil, naphtas and automotive gasolines.

Click here for more goodies!

Wow ag_smith your updated buldings pack looks awsome can't wait for public release  wow_o.gif  

Is the train  your project and if yes will it be released with the new version of buldings pack rock.gif

No, this train is NOT my project. I've only made these platforms, so you can use them once the train will be released. Read the full post, not just the pics, please. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]ag_smith Posted: May 10 2004, 19:59

NOTE: Neither the railway tracks, nor the train are not (and will not be) the part of this pack and they are made by somebody else. Please, do NOT ask who he's because you will not be answered. Just wait patiently for the release.

I think I'm blind too many houers spend plaing ofp tounge_o.gif

Some pics of updated Industrial Pack. Unedited ingame shots.

Great thanks to Lupus[WD] for the specular highlight effects. They look truly amazing.

Note: pics taken on upcoming MIA Iraz isle.

4_001.jpg

4_002.jpg

4_003.jpg

4_004.jpg

4_005.jpg

4_006.jpg

4_007.jpg

4_009.jpg

4_010.jpg

4_011.jpg

smile_o.gif

I have just counted that there are 49 models, of which, 31 are brand new. smile_o.gif

As you all can see, Agent Smith has been extremely busy! smile_o.gif

Compared to him, I've been slacking, but I do have some progress on my Middle Eastern buildings projects. My second one is here:

Source photo:

buildingsign.jpg

My rendition:

3WX4.JPG

Some additional shots of details and car parts:

3WX5.JPG

3WX3.JPG

3WX2.jpg

3WX1.JPG

Next I'll add some lighting and conduit and a few other details and then it will be released.

All buildings will be released individually and also later, in a 10 building pack.

Wow!!! Those Middle East buildings look incredible!!! I know MANY Middle East mods would REALLY appreciate those for their maps!!! I'm greatly looking forward to them!!!

Keep up the awesome work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I have a small, possibly stupid request to make. Can you config your buildings and permanant structures so that they don't have a destruct type? It think it's much better to have the buildings be indestructible than to have them crumble in upon each other, screwing up the geometry around them.

Thanks.. smile_o.gif

You mean, all of them? Or maybe just the biger buildings? rock.gif

What about oil/fuel tanks, etc?

Maybe it would be possible to have own destructed models for the bigger or more important buildings (like, as you said, oil tanks and refineries)? Then you could set destructType to "no" and replace the building with the destructed model when it's destroyed, also you could add some flames and smoke via script.

I know it would be lot of work, but it would be great! smile_o.gif

Do as you like...

Well oil facilities I could see getting all wrecked, but an entire building (office building, whatever) doesn't just crumble. If you're going to have a destruct model at all, I'd suggest what hardrock said, and replace it with a proper destroyed model instead of defaulting to the BIS paper house look. That look works fine for vehicles, but buildings look awful when they're blown up. Plus, if you walk near a destroyed building there is always the chance that you'll run into a misplaced geolod and find yourself stuck.

Alright, the deal is Industrial Pack release date is tomorrow and unless a major disaster happens, it will not be postponed. This means it's already too late to make any destroyed models or whatever. Besides, such possibility, as good as it sounds, requires a lot of consideration and investigation (eg. is it possible to manipulate WRP-placed objects?). We might do to these in our further releases, but no promises here. wink_o.gif

For now I'll change the destrType for bigger buildings (except for oil facilities) to indestructible. smile_o.gif