Sign in to follow this  
da_ofp_man

Vitapc pack 1.1 finale

Folders names not important at all. Since beta 0.8 all classes have the same name. They have to work without any error, even if you start to made you missions with beta 0.8 and now upgrade to version 1.1.

Try to be more specific.  Which add-ons you use before (version), where it was located and where you install new ver 1.1, also what type of errors you have now?

Well i've got official addons(200mb),res-addons(250mb).Unofficial: ecp addons(7mb),fdf(358mb),csla2(202mb),modern addons(1.64gb)

I use modern mod folder where all unofficial addons are,i don't know what version it was,i deleted the old one when 1.1 came but i think it had only btr-80 and bmd3 (not sure if bmp3 was also) in it.

The error message was something like this:

"Cannot load mission,missing addons btr-80.pbo,bmd3.pbo"

I don't remember more about it sad_o.gif didn't any more get that error...

I got my old missions working now after furious copy-paste action for a couple hours of work tounge_o.gif

I just already explain it on some board not long time ago. As you know, class car in OFP can’t have zoomable optics, and gunner view only can move from left to right, not up and down.

As you notice on my BTR there is a zoomable optics and your view moves not only left/right but also up/down.

I just find the way to do it. But it comes in price. Gunner proxy on BTR part of the gun selection. You can notice how he moves with his chair. If I will use real value +60, he will move down under the floor of the vehicle, and his legs will be visible from outside.

I spend lots of time when I try to fix bug when btr gunner can’t hit target close to him, when he shoot from side. Then I figure out, that in game JeepMG (my BTR build on jeepMG class) have the same problems.

Same apply to “can’t kill NSV gunner with grenadesâ€. Try it with in game M2, same result. You can shoot him but not kill with grenades. Some of the others bug have a similar explanation (of cause not all).

Via WWW.OFP.INFO

Quote[/b] ]Akm74 (aka VIT) released a slightly updated version 1.2 of his great VIT Apc Pack, with new camo, rebel solders with new custom sounds and some bug fixes from 1.1 Great work!!! smile_o.gif

All Vehicles and weapons was tweaked to be balanced with BIS in game units. All weapons have new model and textures only in First and Pilot View lods. This way you can enjoy better looking weapons without hit on performance. All other lods have Standart BIS weapons. They are not visible on distance beyond 30-40 meters anyway.

Most of the new weapons have standart BIS mags as default.

Contents

========================

BMD3 - (green and desert camo)

BMD3M - (green and desert camo)

BMP3 - (green and desert camo)

BMP3 - Arena (green and desert camo)

BTR80 - (East and resistance side)

NSV 12.7 - (East and resistance side)

KORD 12.7 (East and resistance side)

ZU23 - (East and resistance side)

ZU23M - (East and resistance side)

Konkurs M (ATGM) - (East and resistance side)

VSS Snipe Rifle - (East and resistance side)

PKM MG - (East and resistance side)

SVD Dragunov - (East and resistance side)

AK74 - (East only)

AK74 GP - (East only)

Sobr Soldier - (East only)

Spetsnaz Soldier - (East only)

Chechen/rebel/ressistance soldier (Resistance side)

Probably best to mirror this after download as the connection is quite erratic. rock.gif

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/APCPACK_1_2.rar

Nice work VIT, glad to see you're still updating this pack

The one at the dkm site is still in version 1.1. Someone tell them 1.2 is out!

I spent 2 hours downloading v1.1 on my 56k only to discover v1.2 is out crazy_o.gif

Can someone put a decent mirror othe than ofp.info, i can't seem do download off that site sad_o.gif

Can someone put a decent mirror othe than ofp.info, i can't seem do download off that site sad_o.gif

The ofp.info-ftp works fine. The problem it, that this ftp always runs on 100%, so you'll probably have to try more than 1 time (5-10) to download the files.

Mfg MEDICUS

Your a cool man AKM74 that you are still updating  this pack the work that you do on it is really good.

I have a few sugestions to it:

1.What about adding those numbers an both sides of the vehicles not only on one side.

2.Could you put some markings of country attachment.

3.And the last thing its some more work but could you make a camuflage for some of the vehicles because the only green and desert thing are a bitt boring(if you want i can send you some pics with vehicles used in RF)

BMP, BMD commander view targeting bugs still not fixed. I hope they will be, because otherwise those vehicles are unplayable.

Go to the commander's view in the BMP3 Arena, target something, then unselect it, the cursor disappears and you can no longer control the turret. In the regular BMP3, the turret movement is broken from the beginning. BMD behaves the same as the BMP 3.

3.And the last thing its some more work but could you make a camuflage for some of the vehicles because the only green and desert thing are a bitt boring(if you want i can send you some pics with vehicles used in RF)

I thought the Russians didn't usually paint their vehicles in camo for combat, I have yet to see a picture of a camoflague painted Russian vehicle in a combat enviroment. Only in bases and military shows.

That said, lovely work AM74!

Does Chechens have wound textures with that update ?

(PS: a little bug I've recently noticed with 1.1, inside mouth texture missing. If you use dialogs with .lip you can see landscape through unit's head crazy_o.gif )

I didnt see any wound texes.

I did see what looked like an untextured Uzi though.

I like the camo rebels...very cool!

Quote[/b] ]little bug I've recently noticed with 1.1, inside mouth texture missing. If you use dialogs with .lip you can see landscape through unit's head  

fixed in 1.2

Quote[/b] ]I like the camo rebels...very cool!

try to shoot them at close range. They all have random sound

Quote[/b] ]BMP, BMD commander view targeting bugs still not fixed. I hope they will be, because otherwise those vehicles are unplayable.

I’m don’t have this bug (I’m already asking many beta testers, they don’t have it either). But some peoples report it. I’m already check all lods and config, they looks fine. It works fine for me and many others. I don’t even know where to look. Sorry.

is nobody willing to mirror this masterpiece?  rock.gif

I didnt see any wound texes.

It's a pity,  sad_o.gif models and textures are upper quality. They could have been perfect addon for my conversion Resistance campaign...

However I guess some others mission-makers will use it because of vehicles wich remains great

--edit

Am I whinning? well..I don't care.You'd better forget about it tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

There's still a prob with units turning into the btr80 when you select them in the mission editor.

Are the random sounds from BAS Tonal units? They sound African.

Quote[/b] ]Are the random sounds from BAS Tonal units? They sound African.

sounds from "retaliation" compaign. They are real chechen voices.

Quote[/b] ]There's still a prob with units turning into the btr80 when you select them in the mission editor.

yes, i know. It happen only with rebel solders.I don't have a solution. Don't even know why it happen. Sorry.

Nice, any other links, OFPinfo is not working too well for me. sad_o.gif

Thanks.

@CERO.

chechen voices = cool, good addition to the pack(i must be going death, they sounded african to me)

Quote[/b] ]Nice, any other links, OFPinfo is not working too well for me.

OFPinfo doesnt work well for anyone. wink_o.gif

over at www.flashpoint.ru, I noticed version 1.3 of this pack has been released. My knowledge of Russian is very restricted, so could someone please point out what has been changed? and/or post screenshots?

EDIT/ OK, did it myself:

"AKM74 Has let out the new version of his legendary pack. In the new version many mistakes have been corrected, including blood textures for Chechens and special troops are added, in an armored troop-carrier the standard crew is again added, wheels at an armored troop-carrier are corrected and new sounds for PKM are added."

The site doesn't work. Any other links?

Maybe the disapperence bug is fixed now (on some machines, the rebel soldiers disappear, leaving only their face to float around).

lol...I was going to mention ofpBase mirror biggrin_o.gif

anyway:

Extract of ReadMe.txt

VIT APC Pack v1.3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Vehicles and weapons was tweaked to be balanced with BIS in game units.

All weapons have new model and textures only in First and Pilot View lods.

This way you can enjoy better looking weapons without hit on performance.

All other lods have Standart BIS weapons.

They are not visible on distance beyond 30-40 meters anyway.

Most of the new weapons have standart BIS mags as default.

Sounds good, cant wait to go home and use these.

The blood textures look very good now, and the sound of the PKM is much better! Good work, AKM74!

PS: Do you have a website? Some people tend to confuse you with Vit from Israel.