Sign in to follow this  
buggs

Two installations of ofp on the same hard drive

I have recently divided my hard drive into 4 sections (C,G,F,H) and I currently have OFP installed on my C drive.  what i would like to do is install flashpoint onto it's own drive (H). then move all my mods/addon folders over to the new installation and check to see every thing is running as it should before i uninstall the original installation, is this possible or will the two installations conflict with each other.

Any advice appreciated

Buggs rock.gif

Hmm well I wouldn't have thought it advisable, but IIRC the old desert combat or something mod had to be installed that way? rock.gif

Cheers for the reply. If i was to uninstall ofp would it only remove Official addons etc, i.e it would leave all the unofficial mods/addons so i could just cut & paste to my new installation ?

If you use regedit, you can save your key containg the path to your C to some filename.reg.

Install OFP on a new drive, save this key. Use another name for the reg file. Then before you start playing you have to click on the correct reg file first.

I have't done any in this myself. If you want to make sure you dont corupt your C OFP I suggest you zip the content to a backup file first. Why; because I not sure OPP dont remove or change any of the first file when installing a new instance.

Then you can switch between your different OFP setup. But you are using up some disk storage this way. That you allready know beforhand.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Oyvind.

Cheers, Buggs  biggrin_o.gif

I would not recommend reinstalling it first and then uninstalling the old one, as by doing this you will most likely change registry to the new drive first and then remove them altogether. I'd rather copy the installation to H and then uninstall the old one and reinstall into H. Or even better: just move it to H and then use regedit to search for the old path and replace with the new one. IIRC it only shows up one or two times in the registry at all, depending on whether you have goty or cwc+res.

i live in south africa and is not goot with english i baught a box with operation flashpoint game of the year edition it have cold war crisis red hammer and resistance in if i install it it do not go past D:Flshpoint\Res\Add Ons\o.pbo can anyone help me please