Tigershark or Bmot after a nite on the piss

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame71.html

Deadmeat, always inspiring others

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame64.html

and last but not least the Avon lady

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame28.html

tounge_o.gif

(Canadian terror, im hurt sad_o.gif )

Next person that makes reference to one of those cartoons is going to have an extended weekend away from here. Stay on topic.

I think that kills the topic, now we are completely OFF topic, its going to be hard to get back.... tounge_o.gif

Ermm so yes, flamers are bad, ofp.info, bad...bad, bad ,bad

Hmm......Tim puts on his serious face.

we need to get deadmeat back in here to grumble so that we can get the ball rolling again.

i was just curious how many pm's do the moderators have to deal with each day from people saying "he said my addon is crap" or "that person is flaming" etc

Tim

we need to get deadmeat back in here to grumble so that we can get the ball rolling again.

I think the issue has been talked to death.

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Tim Pink @ Feb. 08 2004,11:51)

Disagree.

I believe everyone in here agree's on one thing basically; bad behaviour, rudeness and other forms of disrespect should be rooted out of the community as a whole.

No one person can achieve that, but all of us could make a serious difference (the people that are following this thread).

Let me put this onto all of you: Lets make a 'sport' of hunting down misbehaving community members, whenever some nosepoking kid thinks its ok to disrespect addonmakers work or anything else in the ofp community, lets return him/her the favour shall we?

'grab him/her by the ear and make him/her feel sorry he/she did that'  But be adult about it.

'Hmm' you think, 'why would i bother doing that?'

There's a DKM betatester membership in it for the one beeing the most vigilant and civil in 'telling the kids off'

bottom line.. if we ALL start coming down on the misbehaving kids like a ton of bricks it might make a difference.

Let us all become a bunch of 'flame extuinguishers' smile_o.gif

Ja, übersturmführer Carnage, we'll establish extensive networks of informants, even encompassing their closest friends and then kill them all if they prove to be criminal muhahaha tounge_o.gif

Nah, just kidding, I try to do that whenever I think it's appropriate.

Anyways, I think all the points in this discussion have been made many times already...

Quote[/b] ]Ja, übersturmführer Carnage, we'll establish extensive networks of informants, even encompassing their closest friends and then kill them all if they prove to be criminal muhahaha

THAT's the spirit! you'll be up for promotion next laddie!  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Anyways, I think all the points in this discussion have been made many times already...

Very true, but now lets move this discussion to what we can do about it.

but now lets move this discussion to what we can do about it.

It's simple. See the little REPORT TO MODERATOR link at the bottom of every post.

In case of emergency, click link.

in this forum there is such a button yes, and in here we have moderators that are not sitting on their hands, slurping coffee all days.

Im talking about all the other ofp addon bashing that is going on outside this forum.

There's no way to control anything outside of this board unless you talk to the moderators of other boards. Either way, a discussion about other forums is prohibited according the our forum rules. smile_o.gif

Seriously, if anyone thinks that any flaming is going on or any other kind of inappropriate behavior, let a mod know. 99% of the time, at least one of us is on the forum, PM us or click on the RTM link and we'll do what we can. At the very least, we can post something official-sounding in the topic to straighten things out. smile_o.gif

Shrug... no compaints over at PUKF.... yet....

to quote TJ:

Quote[/b] ]When we finaly release something

wasn't sure whether to laugh or feel insulted on that one matey... although laughing at the moment since it has become a bit of a running joke amongst us UKF team... hehehe.... getting there, bit by bit

...take JAM as an example.

So many teams said they would use it,

now hardly anyone does (thanks go out to those that do)

Just a lil' JAM comment 'ere:

smile_o.gif  when BIS made their AAE (or when they revealed it anyway), many a good man agreed that it wuz somehow

too late - the game was too old and too many (of the 'everlasting') addons were out already.

Me thinks this is the same story w/ JAM: the idea is VERY good but it somehow came out

AFTER all those M4's etc. were made, and thus the need for JAM wasn't that

important anymore (well, 'twas but no-one felt like going through all those existing addons, making them JAM compatible)  wow_o.gif

JAM could still become what it was intended to be, but it would take a team of dedicated

cpp coders willing to get in contact w/ the various authors of most known weapons/mods and

get permission to tweak & re-release the stuff as JAM compatible addons.

Quite a task there.  unclesam.gif An' ole Tomby can drink many a beer before we see

something like that happening biggrin_o.gif LOL

Quote[/b] ]when BIS made their AAE (or when they revealed it anyway), many a good man agreed that it wuz somehow

too late - the game was too old and too many (of the 'everlasting') addons were out already.

AFAIK BIS uses the AAE project, not only to increase the life span of ofp. But also (and mainly) to test wether it works or not and then launch it for OFP2

smile_o.gif

Its already been re incarnated and beaten to death again countless times now tounge_o.gif