Sign in to follow this  
ShadowY

Idf m-60 by steele

Still no sign of news about some of the stuff at OFP.info

Wel then I`ll do it tounge_o.gif

pic

Steele released his IDF Magach-6 MBT, to bad it uses the loboscrew that requires jam :angry ...well you can always edit it out as I did tounge_o.gif

looks good, not tried it yet though

also, you might want to make that a link before placebo/other mods see it as its well over the 100kb rule wink_o.gif

Yeah I tried it last night and was very impressed.  The LoBo crew isn't that big of a deal considering that most people are using JAM.   However they should have specified that the LoBo infantry demo pack requires JAM to work.  

Also as a member of the Lost Brothers mod team I should say that the final version of our IDF and Middle Eastern infantry forces will have their own weapons pack which currently do not need JAM (although Vipersheart may make them JAM compatible).   Personally I hope he makes JAM optional.

But really it's a moot issue because right now, the LoBo infantry are the only IDF infantry addons out right now... so what else are you going to use this Magach 6 tank with?rock.gif?

NoOne's old IDF pack?

Anyways, about this tank.   I LOVE the awesome texture job they did.   It actually makes it look like the tank has reactive armor boxes which is pretty amazing I think and shows some really 1st class texturing work.  

I only wish that BAS or some other group with the "secret BIS DePBO program" will give these guys an unbinarized version of the BIS M60 so that they can make modern versions of the Megach tank with real reactive armor boxes, armored side skirts, as well as the versions with that huge up-armored turret like the Magach 6C Gal Batash tank and the Magach 7A and 7C tanks.   There is also the advanced Sabra tank which is quite impressive.

The pic below is a Magach 7C

magach7c_2.jpg

Below is a IDF Sabra tank (high modified M60A3 with a 120mm cannon):

sabra4b.jpg

Aside from the textures I think they also chose very good engine sounds as well although the engine could use some more bass frequencies so you can hear the rumble of heavy armor from far away.  smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lost Brothers Mod team member

There's letter "gimel" on tank's turret, right? Why it is inverted and what it means?

There's letter "gimel" on tank's turret, right? Why it is inverted and what it means?

It means addon maker Steele doesn't know Hebrew. tounge_o.gif

Yeah after all i don't know too many Australians which know Hebrew

Yeah I tried it last night and was very impressed.  The LoBo crew isn't that big of a deal considering that most people are using JAM.   However they should have specified that the LoBo infantry demo pack requires JAM to work.  

Also as a member of the Lost Brothers mod team I should say that the final version of our IDF and Middle Eastern infantry forces will have their own weapons pack which currently do not need JAM (although Vipersheart may make them JAM compatible).   Personally I hope he makes JAM optional.

But really it's a moot issue because right now, the LoBo infantry are the only IDF infantry addons out right now... so what else are you going to use this Magach 6 tank with?rock.gif?

NoOne's old IDF pack?

Anyways, about this tank.   I LOVE the awesome texture job they did.   It actually makes it look like the tank has reactive armor boxes which is pretty amazing I think and shows some really 1st class texturing work.  

I only wish that BAS or some other group with the "secret BIS DePBO program" will give these guys an unbinarized version of the BIS M60 so that they can make modern versions of the Megach tank with real reactive armor boxes, armored side skirts, as well as the versions with that huge up-armored turret like the Magach 6C Gal Batash tank and the Magach 7A and 7C tanks.   There is also the advanced Sabra tank which is quite impressive.

The pic below is a Magach 7C

magach7c_2.jpg

Below is a IDF Sabra tank (high modified M60A3 with a 120mm cannon):

sabra4b.jpg

Aside from the textures I think they also chose very good engine sounds as well although the engine could use some more bass frequencies so you can hear the rumble of heavy armor from far away.  smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Lost Brothers Mod team member

psst try sigma...

Yeah after all i don't know too many Australians which know Hebrew

I do - tons!

Beside, they're upside down, so reading from right to left should be a cinch!

Hi Frandsen! Yeah I would ask Sigma to see what he's up to but I'm sure he's super busy. At any rate I found out that Vipersheart is working on a custom M60 model for a new Magach tank, so if anyone else is also working on a Magach tank please get in contact with me or Vipersheart so that we can coordinate things and make different versions of the Magach.

This has been a problem with the Merkava with other addon makers also working on a Merkava MkII, when LoBo already has one almost ready for beta testing. I wish someone instead would make a MKIII or MKIV version.

But anyhoo...back to this addon, I think its an awesome Magach 6. I think its silly to whine about the Lost Brothers crew considering that there are no other IDF infantry addons with crew out there except NoOne's original units that are very old (pre-Resistance) and I'm not even sure they came with any tank crew. Plus no other country uses the Magach tanks other then Israel as far as I'm aware of unless someone wanted to do a Gulf War1 USMC version from the early 90's where they also put reactive armor boxes on their M60's. But it would require some retexturing, different class names, ect....

Anyhoo... the DMS (Designated Marksman System) mission I'm working on will have this tank in it along with the LoBo Zelda. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nothing new in my PM unless you were talking to someone else.

sad_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>