Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

1.96 problems

And what about the autocenter when you fly a plane.

Do you think that it will be correct in a futur patch? i'm still playing in 1.94 because of this bug. bobcurtish

Ok, here's some vid's to show the problem with twitchy proxies on maps greater than 12.8km sq (test island a double Tonal at 102km sq). The two key pieces are the second one where you are looking at a pilot in a stationary helicopter, and the last one in normal player view. You can see the effect very clearly there.

View from helicopter cargo position

Outside helicopter looking at pilot - pilot's view moves according to the pilot proxy jitter

View as Tank commander - 1 of 2

View as Tank Commander - 2 of 2

View as Tank Driver - 1 of 2

View as Tank Driver - 2 of 2

Player view - basic soldier, rotating in place, watch weapon proxy movement

Memory load is significantly higher due to larger map size, however FPS and functionality is not adversly affected.

Thank you.

I am lazy and havent read throught all this topic.

Here is a problem if you call it that, that patch 1.96 introduced to me (note: I have GOTY)

-No OFP cd required.

I do not use any program to make it do this? Not that I really would like to have to use the CD i do want to know if this is normal? And If I must will use the CD if it can be fixed wink_o.gif

It's nothing you need worry about Rommel.

Hi, seems like the GOTY 1.96 patch has no sound for reloading grende launchers. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Hi all,

Been away from OFP for about a year so excuse my ignorance! Problem as follows, clean install GOTY then patched to 1.96. Game works fine then i try to install ECP latest version and it gives me an error that it is unable to locate FlashpointBeta.exe. ECP refuses to run because it cannot locate this shortcut, ive tried renaming res shortcut to FlashpointBeta.exe but to no avail, please help!

Specs, Alienware - nvidia 6800

1024 ddr3

P4 3.4EE

160GB HDD Raid0

XP pro

Just fix the shortcut yourself smile_o.gif

Assuming ECP is in a folder like Operation Flashpoint/ECP then your desktop shortcut should be similar to.......

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=ECP

That's all ECP's shortcut does anyway, if you like you can easily change the icon of your new shortcut to the ECP one smile_o.gif

I seem to be unable to install the BIS Camel with the official (Beta-)release. Instead I always get a message that 'OFP 1.96 is more recent than this patch (1.91)'

I've installed 1.96 and the game is becoming full of bugs. I know it's that FADE thing, or what the heck. That the game "kills" itself, because it thinks that the game is cracked, and yeah, as all you know, 1.96 is like a crack. I've got original OFP CWC, with original Resistance, but still its' getting really messy. Doesn't anyone have the same problem? Why doesn't the patch ramoves the protection system as well? mad_o.gif Pleeease help me to solve this! I've got original stuff I swear.

It's not really very important, since ArmA will be out soon(hopefully), but I wanna play with proper OFP until the day I acquire ArmA.

OK, I've solved it by reinstalling both CWC and RES, and using patch v1.75->v1.96 and it's not fading.

I need help. When I play OpFlash Gold for first time when pc turns on it is fine. But then when I exit and play it again my desktop pointer appears alongside the OpFlash pointer which makes it really confusing during play. How can I solve this?

Make sure that OFP is running at a different resolution to that of your desktop.

Thanks but I found out a way in a website. As the game starts with the Welcome to COld war crisis, just move your mouse about in the top left of your screen. It dissapears afterwards!!!

Dont want to make new thread for it so ill put it here

my ofp crashes randomly lately, and comes to desktop with

"Data File Read error: (filename)"

where the filename is different each time (textures mostly). It seems this happened after I installed latest video drivers  But somehow I have the feeling it is something else.

Another thing that could be related is that sometimes when I use mods and there is lot of action or if I put the Viewdistance too high i get the message:

CreateIndexBuffer failed 8007000e - out of memory?

anyone else experienced this? Or do I need to reinstall OFP and see what it does... Can a BIS pbo be damaged by a ofp crash earlier?

edit:

oh the last thing was already in another thread (the search thing is a bitch) but it does not give a statisfying answer.

specs:

Centrino 1.3 Laptop

512 mb ram

radeon 9000

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]CreateIndexBuffer failed 8007000e - out of memory?

If you use -nomap but still get that message then it could be caused by corrupt files in \Dta.

Don't know if that's of any help though.

yes I used -nomap everytime

I'd rather not reinstall because my 3rd CD is bit broken.... But I got some clonecd images around i think.

By my wild guess you have problems because of a newest video drivers, and (not enough) RAM memory.

Dont want to make new thread for it so ill put it here

my ofp crashes randomly lately, and comes to desktop with

"Data File Read error: (filename)"

where the filename is different each time (textures mostly). It seems this happened after I installed latest video drivers  But somehow I have the feeling it is something else.

Another thing that could be related is that sometimes when I use mods and there is lot of action or if I put the Viewdistance too high i get the message:

CreateIndexBuffer failed 8007000e - out of memory?

anyone else experienced this? Or do I need to reinstall OFP and see what it does... Can a BIS pbo be damaged by a ofp crash earlier?

edit:

oh the last thing was already in another thread (the search thing is a bitch) but it does not give a statisfying answer.

specs:

Centrino 1.3 Laptop

512 mb ram

radeon 9000

I installed the latest driver for my GeForce 4. While i don't get any error messages, any vehicle you get into flashes! And the pistols!! very amusing, but very anoying. If you roll back all is ok.

i've lost my voice in OFP, i press 5, 5 for where are you, the text flashes up but i dont say it anymore, i do get a reply though, its just happened suddenly aswell, i installed CoC updated tomahawks and the sound cut out, i took them back out and i still have no voice, any ideas?

ta

I don't hear voices, how is that possible?

I don't hear anything(except footsteps, shots, etc.. but -I don't know if they are there- no other environmental sounds or the voices when giving orders..)

its not about my system that's for sure, I know this topic is old.. but still, I just want to know how to fix it

(for my system specs:

amd athlon 2400+ 2.0ghz

1.5gig RAM

asus radeon 9600se

dx9

Bad bug, and I can recreate it.

It happend in an RTS match the other night, and it forbid me to play 2/3 of the game.

OK, this is what happend and how to recreate it:

A) Start making a marker on the map, like double click and start typing, DONT press enter

B) Die, just die somehow (without closing map screen/still typing the marker).

C) When you respawn, you shouldn't be able to do anything except chat and view the score.

This really sucks, and I know for sure that if you have a camera right after you die, like group spawn/RTS spawn, that you will not be able to move, press map key or anything, until you close OFP.

Can you please fix this BIS? And this is a big warning to everyone.

Are you using any addons? To start troubleshooting:

1. Disable any addons you are using to make sure they are not causing the problem
  2. Test to see if the crash happens when using "vanilla" OFP (no addons)
  3. Check the your Flashpoint.rpt log file for any errors
  4. Post any relevant entries from your Flashpoint.rpt so others can have more info to help you solve the problem