Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

1.96 problems

You've made sure you have the latest ASPI layer installed?

ASPI player.....??

Nope, ASPI layer.

It's an interface created by Adaptec that is commonly used to provide low-level access to optical storage devices. The name stands for Advanced SCSI Programming Interface, and since it abstracts access to the device itself, it can be (and commonly is) used with non-SCSI devices, such as IDE/ATAPI CD and DVD drives.

You can get current ASPI drivers here.

I've got a similar problem (1.75^->1.96), but I get
Quote[/b] ]File Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Abel.pbo is missing.

File Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Cain.pbo is missing.

File Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Eden.pbo is missing.

File Templates\1-8_D_FlagFight.Intro.pbo is missing.

File Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Abel.pbo is missing.

File Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Cain.pbo is missing.

File Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Eden.pbo is missing.

File Templates\1-10_T_TeamFlagFight.Intro.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Abel.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Cain.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Eden.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-12_T_SectorControl.Intro.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.Abel.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.Cain.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.EDEN.pbo is missing.

File Templates\2-8_T_CaptureTheFlag.Intro.pbo is missing.

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

But there is SQS files instead of PBOs, does that make a differance?

*V1.90*

I took a cross-refrance and found... WTF is NOE!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Eden=Everon

Abel=Nagova

Intro=Desert Island

Cain=Malden

Noe=rock.gif all

I took a cross-refrance and found... WTF is NOE!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Eden=Everon

Abel=Nagova

Intro=Desert Island

Cain=Malden

Noe=rock.gif all

Noe is Nogova.

Cain is Kolgujev.

Abel is Malden.

Eden is Everon.

Intro is Desert Island.

... I knew that. well mabe, JUST MABE it sliped my mind.

I just installed OpFlash (uninstall & delete remaining files) and now can't get back to 1.90 from 1.85, or even 1.96 ( mad_o.gif )

still missing templates but now... addons are getting errors

(i.e. bizon, mm-1 and some others, i'll show them to you later when I have my computer back)

I also D/L the ASPI player (or layer in Mr. Frag's case) but keep getting dead ends on how to use it! HELP! is there any way I can get the templates? But the first priority is the errors, how to loose them.

OK,

I have found a solution that worked great for me and maybe it will work for others as well.

I installed OFP on my PC at work and when i tried to use the 1.75-1.96 patch it gave me the same errors as it did when i tried it on my home PC. Well, today i had an idea and i went back and installed each individual patch (1.85, 1.90, 1.91, 1.94, 1.95 & 1.96) and whadya know it worked!!!

I am now back to running OFP again in Version 1.96. Give it a shot, it may just work for you as well.

unclesam.gif

And now extract the registry information with the cd key, put it into your ofp folder and burn that folder on two cds. Whenever you need to reinstall just copy those two cds back onto the harddrive, click on the registry file and you are done.

i have a problem, i can only put so many add-ons in before i get a CTD and an "out of memory" error report.

if i wanna put new add-ons in i have to delete the same amount (in file size) of old add-ons. can any one help?

i'm pretty new to this so go easy on the jargon.

Are you using the -nomap parameter?

nomap.jpg

i have a problem, i can only put so many add-ons in before i get a CTD and an "out of memory" error report.

if i wanna put new add-ons in i have to delete the same amount (in file size) of old add-ons. can any one help?

i'm pretty new to this so go easy on the jargon.

As an alternative to the -nomap switch, try organizing your addons into mod folders. That make it easier to start up OFP with much fewer addons.

For details, search The FAQ for "mod folders". smile_o.gif

Ok, i wrote a tutorial on camera.sqs and how to use it, and part of the tutorial talked about the spacebar and its uses of targetting objects and areas...

since 1.96, the spacebar seems to intermitently exit the camera.sqs (returns to editor screen) or do what its supposed to do, target the object or area...

now, im not sure when this happened, but others are finding the same problems and i'm wondering if this bug was known?

On the original BIS Shilka, if the commander is sniped while turned out, the death animation slumps over, but then returns to locked upright position. Gunner and Driver stay slumped over. Also the AI driver can turn out, but there is no option for a player to turnout as shilka driver.

I just got my computer back at home and i still cant get it to update. Now whenever i try i get an error message about O.pbo (it says its either missing or dammaged) and after it fails i look in my RES/Addons folder and O.pbo is gone. I re-installed the game and i did see the O.pbo addon in the folder until i tried to apply the 1.85 patch. I do however have a fully updated version of OFP working on my work computer, is their anyway that i can make some type of copy of it and apply it to my home computer? or can i just copy O.pbo and copy that one over since thats the core of the problem?

This is making me nuts as i need to fix this so i can fulfill my duties as a judge in the Editing Comp. as well as missions leader for I:44.

Well for one thing you don't need to patch to 1.85, you can go straight from 1.75-1.96....

GOTY upgrade (1.96)

NOTE: Full upgrade from version 1.75 or higher

OFPGOTYPatch_196.zip

Or......

Resistance upgrade (1.96)

NOTE: Full upgrade from version 1.75 or higher

OFPResistancePatch_196.zip

Pick the right one obviously wink_o.gif

If that doesn't work I would suggest bumping an old O.pbo thread (there are plenty) or making one of your own, cos the next avenue is things like Motherboard chipset/drivers, BIOS, ASPI layer, PCI latency etc. etc. and it would be better in a specific thread rather than this general problems thread smile_o.gif

Edit: Another one I've remembered that will be simple to try, IIRC a couple of posters have said that lowering their FSB in the BIOS allowed them to patch, then put it back to normal once the patching is done smile_o.gif

Thanks Placebo, i will look into it.

BTW i did try that one patch for a direct 1.75 - 1.96 and that had even an even worse result to it.

LOL yeah I saw your post at the top after I'd made mine crazy_o.gif If you can't fix it without further help it's best if you make your own thread or bump one that deals with a similar issue smile_o.gif

Eeek!

Bad bug, and I can recreate it.

It happend in an RTS match the other night, and it forbid me to play 2/3 of the game.

OK, this is what happend and how to recreate it:

A) Start making a marker on the map, like double click and start typing, DONT press enter

B) Die, just die somehow (without closing map screen/still typing the marker).

C) When you respawn, you shouldn't be able to do anything except chat and view the score.

This really sucks, and I know for sure that if you have a camera right after you die, like group spawn/RTS spawn, that you will not be able to move, press map key or anything, until you close OFP.

Can you please fix this BIS? And this is a big warning to everyone.

sad_o.gif

I've made another separate post on this, but i think it may be 1.96 related so I'll put it here too.

Basically at the start of the First Strike mission in Resistance where you have to defend Modrava from a tank assault the friend-foe settings seem to have become confused with the application of 1.96.  I have done a totally fresh install of Flashpoint and Resistance and have tried both applying all patches in sequence and also just applying 1.96 by itself.  When the mission starts everyone shoots at me and kills me, I can't solve the problem.  I am not running any mods.  This is extremely annoying as I cannot progress and this is one of my favourite SP missions.  Can one of the mods take a look at their SP campaign since 1.96 and see if they can replicate/solve this problem.  I have reinstalled twice now to no avail... sad_o.gif

According to output from CoC's BINview, the second define in \res\bin\config.bin is garbage...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#define 6

Given the other similar defines, was this supposed to be a unitinfo, something else, or just an extra line?

A while back I mentioned a bug with the first-person view shaking all around in maps larger than the classic 12.8km's.

I've done some more testing and it appears to be an issue with how proxies are handled inside objects. You fist notice the effect just barely on 25.6's like Tonal and the PMC maps, and significantly on 51.2's. Trying to drive or fly anything on a 102km is near impossible. The vibration effect scales in intensity as the map size goes up.

I'll try to get some short fraps clips up to illustrate the effect, but in short, if you press num-"." (period) to get into commander view while in a hovering helicopter, you'll notice all the proxied units bouncing around in their seats like a severely laggy setpos script. This directly correlates with the shaky display in first-person. Another simple test is to rotate in-place while holding a rifle. The rifle (proxy) will significantly jump all around as if it were going to fall out of the holder's hands.

Additionally, the movement smoothing routines, such as the transition from a rolling tank to a stopped one (where there is a bit of engine nudging to smooth things out) creates a lesser amount of the same effect to the entire vehicle. When a vehicle is stopped completely (also man too) there is no vibration even when zoomed in very close.

The amount of vibration seems to scale consistently with the increased map size. I have not yet tried with non-standard cell sized maps (ie grid != 50m) to see if that is a factor, however I doubt that will impact it as I believe the root of the problem may have to do with absolute coords and positioning.

Hi to all ofp friends,

Recentelly i bought a new computer and i installed the ofp.

the performance are good but the lines of the horizont shapes are always not continuolsy defined but a little in zig zag way. I'm using a 800 * 600 resolutions 32 colours and with the old computer i used the same and i didn't have this kind of problem. Can anybody help me to remember wich is the Ofp setting that i have to change to resolve this?

ty a lot, ciao to all from italy

edi

Even with Anti-aliasing and Aniostropic filtering (done in your display driver settings in Windows) cranked up, you are still going to have a fair amount of jaggies at that resolution. If you have a new computer, try boosting your OFP screen resolution, and adjust the AA/AS settings in Windows.

Btw, this thread is more designed for reporting potential bugs in the 1.96 patch.

ty a lot shinRaiden, i will try your sugestions

ciao

edi