Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

1.96 problems

Gabgab, we wouldn't post these problem if it's not related!!!

Same missions played since long time and there wasn't any disconnect like this. And therfore I cant believe that it's caused by firewall setting or any connection problems! Player who didnt get these message before 1.95 and 1.96 I guess they havn't changed anything in their connection or firewall.

Personally I havn't got this problem but also in my clan there are some people having it... And I know they havn't it before!

So anything has changed with this version, dunno what but anything causes it.

Perhaps the checks in the newer version causes connection trouble on some machines?

Another possiblity is that many addons loaded at gamestart could cause this while they've been checked on a 195/196 server or game couldn't handle it anymore?

One question to the developers...

Should we collect the flash..rpt and .bin from related people having this problem and send it as a whole package?

I had this problem alot before. But it turned out to be something isp related, and now they've fixed it and it works fine now. Since then i've only gotten this message once and i think that was server related.

But Im not using 1,96 atm.

If it's isp related, try to change the standard ofp port.

Hey SpeedyDonkey, are you talking about OFP or eDonkey?

Anyone had any problems with the FlyInHeight command under 1.96?

A friend of mine is designing a mission, and keeps getting errors he never had before.

He also has a ton of addons installed, so not 100% sure it's 1.96 related...

Anyone had any problems with the FlyInHeight command under 1.96?

A friend of mine is designing a mission, and keeps getting errors he never had before.

He also has a ton of addons installed, so not 100% sure it's 1.96 related...

First of all people should use a clean OFP install before talking about possible bugs. If they still have the problems it will be alot easier to locate the bug. Even if the mission is a original without any custom units they still might crash because of the addons.

hmmm... that sucks. I just installed it. I see the ifc22.dll in the ofp directory and all other versions work..

OK.. I had to put the dll in the windows system directory

I got two problems, one is the more instable netcode of ofpbeta 1.96 but that seems like old news but i got a cruncy piece of problem here crazy_o.gif my parents comp gets nutty when we play in Lan it shuts down the entire comp instantly or CTD's ofp .... mad_o.gif .. but when playing on internet it usually works very well. The bad thing then is that i think we get slightly more lagg but the comp doesn't Reebot or crash to desk top after around 30 mins. Its a bell family pc with geforce 4 mx and 128 mb ram and it has some addons but it has not anything to do with the addon's because i've had this problem for several years now since ofp resistance came out and now when i even tried using G.o.t.y edition tounge_o.gif

Well maybe its something about the hardware but i think i´t can't be it because it works to run the game fine in Sp without crashes and stuff untill you play mp in lan.

Could the loss of connection problem be a result of increased bandwidth usage do the the new "anti-cheat" additions to the netcode? (Or something along these lines)

I have also experienced the "no message received" error, playing CTI on a few servers, where it would last for around 10-25 sec. and then come back into the game. This (v1.96) is the first time I've ever seen this happen. In the older net code, the lost of connection was almost always permanent.

Another error we have been getting alot recently is with the server crashing during a player connecting (probably due to a issue with an addon (ECP?) being used by the player thats attempting to connect. I will start asking these players what addons they have loaded when this occurs to see if we can narrow it down better.

Remember they didn't change the netcode!!!

First check your computer with tools like ad-aware or spybot to ensure its not your own fault! wink_o.gif

I have a very fundamental problem!

WHERE CAN I FIND THE 1.96 UPDATE??? mad_o.gif

Even in google I didn't find it...

At the moment I am playing the GOTY-Edition with update to 1.91.

Greez,

Open your eyes boy rock.gif

Go to Flashnews' last post in this forum and get it there...

Open your eyes boy  rock.gif

Don't condescend fellow members please, that's tantamount to flame baiting.

I have a very fundamental problem!

WHERE CAN I FIND THE 1.96 UPDATE??? mad_o.gif

Even in google I didn't find it...

At the moment I am playing the GOTY-Edition with update to 1.91.

Greez,

Forum Thread

Erm, Maruk acknowledged that the -twomon support in 1.85 worked but stretched the 2d overlays. He said that they expected to fix it in the 'next patch', but it is still stretched in 1.96b. Not a critical fix of course, just something to tweak. Thanks.

btw folks, the trick to multi-monitors is 1) use Nvida, and 2) use "horizontal span". You have to trick windows into thinking that there is just one wide monitor then the special resolutions 'magically' appear.

After some weeks without further loosing connection indicents, I think I can say that the bug, whatever reason it had, seems gone.

Same goes for most of the people that reported massed timeouts during mulitplayer gaming.

After installing anti-spytool software, the constant loosing connection issues ceased. Maybe unrelated still worth a try.

Erm, Maruk acknowledged that the -twomon support in 1.85 worked but stretched the 2d overlays. He said that they expected to fix it in the 'next patch', but it is still stretched in 1.96b. Not a critical fix of course, just something to tweak. Thanks.

It was fixed, you can adjust the UI size/position(and FOV too) from UserInfo.cfg

The 1.96 beta patch worked on system like a NO-CD-Crack.

With all the bad aspects(Fade), so I have to start it with the old exe.

Has someone else this problem too???

If it's an official patch that you downloaded from an official link then you have no need to worry about how it behaves and what impact it might have smile_o.gif

Hi this might be a bit OT.

What patches do you need if you have GOTY? 1,91 and 1,96?

I assume that the installation order is "CWC ---> RH ---> RES ---> PATCHES

Am i right? smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]CWC ---> RH ---> RES ---> PATCHES

I think you only need to install RH if you want to play the campaign. Yep the patches are 1.91 then 1.96 after installing Res. smile_o.gif

Yes it is an official patch from http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

and I havo to worry about, because I can´t play 1.96 servers.

When I start the game from cd it runs the FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE (v1.92) and not FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE (v1.96).

It must be a bug that 1.96 will not work propper on my system (Winxp) because I got legal software.