Sign in to follow this  
CanisDEK

1.96 problems

One bug that has been around for ages is when you shoot at something near or touching you you also take damage, yet no blood comes out. Stand against a wall and empty a magazine or 2 to see what I mean. Also shoot at the ground near someones feet and they take damage. Also shoot near your own feet to kill yourself. This bug seems to always have been around.

One bug that has been around for ages is when you shoot at something near or touching you you also take damage, yet no blood comes out. Stand against a wall and empty a magazine or 2 to see what I mean. Also shoot at the ground near someones feet and they take damage. Also shoot near your own feet to kill yourself. This bug seems to always have been around.

This is not a bug. BIS stated a long time ago that it's working as intentionally designed. You're getting hit by bullet fragments and ricochets.

my OFP will only accept if i press 3 keys at the same time, if i press a 4th key it wont do what 4th key is supposed to do, i suppose this is my keyboard configuration, but could that be your problem? or lag?

No and no. smile_o.gif

my OFP will only accept if i press 3 keys at the same time, if i press a 4th key it wont do what 4th key is supposed to do, i suppose this is my keyboard configuration, but could that be your problem? or lag?

Afaik this depends on the keyboard. Some report only 2 or 3 keys at once to the computer.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Since I installed 1.96 beta, when I fire up the game, I get an error as it starts up where the cutscene backround for the interface is the desert island with a bunch of really screwed up looking objects on it. Also, there is no text to select campaign, editor, etc..

If I alt-tab out and then go back in, its all fine.

I tried moving a lot of addons into mod folders to see if it would solve the problem and it didn't work.

Any ideas as to what could be happening?

ok when trying to install the new 1.96 beta patch I get error message immediately after running patch that says

"game version 1.91 required your current version is 1.46"

I have installed GOTY edition and also 1.91 beta, 1.94beta and 1.95 beta

any ideas?rock.gif??

Thanks

Since I installed 1.96 beta, when I fire up the game, I get an error as it starts up where the cutscene backround for the interface is the desert island with a bunch of really screwed up looking objects on it.  Also, there is no text to select campaign, editor, etc..

Are you using -nomap?

Since I installed 1.96 beta, when I fire up the game, I get an error as it starts up where the cutscene backround for the interface is the desert island with a bunch of really screwed up looking objects on it.  Also, there is no text to select campaign, editor, etc..

Are you using -nomap?

No.  Should I be?

Edit: Thanks, that fixed it. biggrin_o.gif

Is it possible to fix the free looking without autocenter somehow? I'm flying with joystick and I use my coolie-hat for free looking but since 1.95b autocenter is switched on! activating free look with the mouse is an option but since I have no 3rd hand it's really hard that way. Can I fix it myself in any config file? Anyone? BIS?

Tank commander can still rapid fire tank main gun - no reload times.

Kinda cool to rip off 16 or 20 heats rapid fire into a village, but it really sucks when you get exploited online by this.

Hi,

I don't know if this bug had existsted in earlier versions, but:

It's possible to get an ID of an object with NearestBuilding, you can even destroy the building with this, but it's not possible to get the dammage of that building.

Example:

I want to get the dammage of a fuelstation, there is a invisible H near the fuelstation. But if I want to ask if the fuelstation is still alive, I don't get anything back.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

getdammage (nearestBuilding fuelstation)>0.1

Fuelstation is the invisible H, but it

doesn't work sad_o.gif

I've tested the same thing with a house, and that didn't work, too, so nearestBuilding isn't able to get the dammage of a building.

Hello, I have installed 1.91> 1.92> 1.94> 1.95 and finally 1.96.

Version 1.91 does fine, but versions 1.92 and up has each the same problem:

When I start up flashpointbeta.exe

( C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE)

the game starts up in version 1.96. But when I select multiplayer my pc freezes and I have to restart the system.

The All Seeing Eye installed on my computer does also not recognize flashpointbeta.exe.

Anyone knows what the problem/solution is? thnx

wink_o.gif Thats what I wanted to tell you now...

Another big problem already mentioned in another thread is that loosing connection can be seen more often than before!

Many people told me of loosing connections every day or at least only a 1/4 hour after game starts. This is a serious problem which should be fixed as fast as possible!

Many league games cannot be played normally with this bug.

And another result it causes even more people stop playing OFP despite it is a great Patch except this failure.

Suma or anyone else please confirm knowledge of this bug, thx.

Quote[/b] ]Many people told me of loosing connections every day or at least only a 1/4 hour after game starts. This is a serious problem which should be fixed as fast as possible!

No, I cannot confirm this. Patch 1.9x development is strictly controlled and there are very few changes done in the source code. There was literally no change done in the netcode since 1.95 and yet some users report the problem can be seen more often in 1.96. Moreover, the investigation we did with 1.93 did not show any single case where the connection would be lost by the things in OFP netcode control. We are therefore unable to fix this.

Sicilian: Do these guys just lose connection and get back to OFP MP screen or do they actually crash to desktop?

I am asking because we have more and more evidence that single clients using ECP (any version as it seems) can cause other clients not using ECP to CTD under certain circumstances. Sometimes it hits the ECP user as well, sometimes not.

Unfortunately I still have no idea what these circumstances might be, those errors are very hard to reproduce and track down.

Anybody able to confirm this? Please ask other players whether they were using ECP or not after such disconnections happened so we might be able to narrow it down to certain "triggers".

Quote[/b] ]Many people told me of loosing connections every day or at least only a 1/4 hour after game starts. This is a serious problem which should be fixed as fast as possible!

No, I cannot confirm this. Patch 1.9x development is strictly controlled and there are very few changes done in the source code. There was literally no change done in the netcode since 1.95 and yet some users report the problem can be seen more often in 1.96. Moreover, the investigation we did with 1.93 did not show any single case where the connection would be lost by the things in OFP netcode control. We are therefore unable to fix this.

Suma, is there any way how we can help to find the source? The increase, and I dare to say it is a massive increase, of loosing connection events definetely exists. In the German OFP multiplayer community this is a hot topic. A discussion about this was around until 1.93b which seems to have fixed a major issue for quite a large number of players that until this patch crashed2desktop or timed out on a regular basis (including me, as you know).

Until either 1.95 or 1.96 the problem vanished almost completely. Of course there might have been some timeouts because of the user's internet connection or some crashes because of memory issues, but the problem of massed crashes/timeouts, especially with several players at the same time was totally gone.

Now there are reports again, which indicate the return of said bug or a new bug with similar effect. The symptoms are the very same. I myself have lost connection several times during multiplayer games and know from squadmates that other players lose connection at the very same moment. For me personally the problem is not as bad as it was until 1.93b, still it happenes again at least twice a week. Many people which haven't had the problem before now report of constant loosing connection since they updated.

No matter if this issue is caused by 1.95 or 1.96 it is a new problem that seems to have its root in one (or both) of the last new patches. 1.94 was almost perfect, netcode wise. It was a very stable version.

The German OFP leagues start to adapt 1.96 as their requirement for participation, therefore everyone who complaints about loosing connection or crash2desktop experiences these with 1.96 client either 1.96 windows or linux servers. No 1.95 clients are present as well.

I hope this information helps and please, if you need help, I guess there will be more than enough players willing to do so. Just tell us.

Hello,

I wonder if this issue is related to 1.94 -> 1.96 upgrade. I'll try to help you but I need more information:

1. Most of all, I'm interested whether this is our favourite "No message received .." problem? Did you see this message in 1.96?

If you receive "Player XXX is losing connection" message, it indicates any type of network connection cut-off between XXX and the server.. (including XXX client crash/freeze/etc.).

Only cases with coincident "No message received .." (on the XXX player console) and "Player XXX is losing connection" (on all the other consoles) could be related to a flaw in low-level network code.

2. Do you use personal firewalls? Which types/versions? Which security levels are they set to? And do security levels affect frequency of your problems?

I welcome any relevant information, you can use my PM as well..

P.S.: And I must say - Ondrej was truth - we did no changes in our network code since 1.94(hotfix).

All I have seen is that people have "<player> is loosing connection" no one told of "no message recieved since...."

And afaik most of them crash to desktop...

I will collect more info for you...

(I dont have this problem)

Yes, everytime I loose connection, i get "no message received" with that countdown and a small red square on the lower right corner. Other players (at least those I'm in contact with) get the message "Nyles is loosing connection". Trying to switch to the desktop and revive the connection again like loading an URL in my browser (something that helps with another problem some people have, albeit very few) doesn't help. When the timer reaches 90 seconds I get disconnected from the server.

The same thing happens for all the people which reported this to me. I have Windows XP installed but the included firewall is not activated. The only other thing I could think of is that I'm behind a router, which might be another reason why I'm affected by this easier than others. My hardware hasn't changed within the last six months therefore I would rule out that it might be caused by corrupt hardware. Afterall the bug was successfully fixed with 1.93b.

One thing that was suggested is that maybe spyware could be another reason for this, therefore I have used another anti-spy tool and cleansed my computer again. I will keep an eye on the effect (if it presents itself)...

Thx for helping out and just ask via PM or in here if you need additional information.

Come on, that can be a mission related problem. Maybe some scripts not working or so. Did you test your missions, does it happen in a specific mission, do you use beta addons/islands that are not really polished yet (e.g. we have constantly crashes with meekong island, but it's an alpha release), the list goes on and on ... be more specific.

Some of our old coop mp missions - made for 1.91 - behave completely different in 1.96b, but nothing we couldn't fix yet.