Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

The Iraq thread 3

Yeah, why doesn't every killed civilian get a memorial fund or something? Are americans better humans than iraqis?

Yeah, why doesn't every killed civilian get a memorial fund or something? Are americans better humans than iraqis?

If they want a memorial fund, why don't they establish one? You guys are so heartless when it comes to Americans dying. You think because he was not a civilian, that his death should be expected, and no one should have sympathy for his family? Just because we care about the death of a fellow American does not mean we don't care about the deaths of others as well. mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] You guys are so heartless when it comes to Americans dying.

It´s war.

Quote[/b] ] You think because he was not a civilian, that his death should be expected

Yes.

Quote[/b] ]and no one should have sympathy for his family?

No. But do you show sympathy for killed Iraqis ?

Quote[/b] ]In a despicable act of brutality, their bodies publicly disgraced by a gang of savage Islamic terrorists.

Gang of savage Islamic terrorists ? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just because we care about the death of a fellow American does not mean we don't care about the deaths of others as well.

Then show us where you do care. Unless you do so I´m not convinced that you care about it at all.

Last week 2 german men got killed in Iraq. They worked for the german embassy. Noone in germany was happy that they died, but everyone is aware that Iraq is a warzone and it´s not to uncommon to get killed in a warzone.

It looks like you judge reality with 2 different measures.

On one you have some US "civillians" who got killed while driving through a pocket of resistance and on the other you have at least 600 civillians killed in that town alone. Kids, women and elderlies. That doesn´t seem to matter much to you.

"I wish you would post a comparable thing for every innocent civillian killed in Iraq.

People get killed. It´s war.

He knew it could get dangerous. He knew about the risks.

He died. Like others did in thousands."

Only, he got paid for it...

"If they want a memorial fund, why don't they establish one?"

Because they dont have the luxury of Western wealth and abundance?

Just because we care about the death of a fellow American does not mean we don't care about the deaths of others as well.   mad_o.gif

It could be the fault of your mass media, but you seem to care more about what Iraqis do to dead Americans than what Americans do to live Iraqis. Let's face it. Americans are dying eveyday, over there. If his corpse hadn't been mutilated his death would not have received so much attention.

Quote[/b] ]In a despicable act of brutality, their bodies publicly disgraced by a gang of savage Islamic terrorists.
Quote[/b] ]

Gang of savage Islamic terrorists ?  crazy_o.gif

What else would you call people who dismember peoples' bodies?  If they were radical Christians, I'm sure they would be called savage Christian terrorists.

Quote[/b] ]Just because we care about the death of a fellow American does not mean we don't care about the deaths of others as well.
Quote[/b] ]

Then show us where you do care. Unless you do so I´m not convinced that you care about it at all.

How about showing me where we don't care?  We try to minimize casualties on both sides as much as possible.  Who are the ones currently being attacked in Iraq?  Oh yeah that's right, we are--in fact, that's how my friend's brother got killed on Monday.  Do civilians die in war?  Yes.  Do soldiers die in war?  Yes.  Does that mean we should treat their deaths as unimportant, just events to be expected?  No, because that's when real chaos will set in--when the value of life becomes unimportant to people.

Do we sit in our houses and constantly weep for the dead?  No, not at all.  But does that mean we do not care?  Certainly not.  And does it mean we should disrespect the deaths of American soldiers just because we disagree with US foreign policy, or because of the fact that they were soldiers and "are expected to die"?  I hope not.

I don't know about you, but I certainly did not sign up to die, nor did my grandfather and father before they were killed.  And if I do die, I pray that people will not treat my death as insignificant simply because I was a soldier.  Otherwise, what's the point of giving your life for your country?

"What else would you call people who dismember peoples' bodies?  If they were radical Christians, I'm sure they would be called savage Christian terrorists."

I dont think religion had anything to do with the dismemberment so pointing out they are Islamic is pointless, unless you of course want to make it sound better for propaganda purposes. Further more, that was a crowd of civilians, not terrorists. I would put them closer to geurillas or resistance fighters than terrorists.

" Who are the ones currently being attacked in Iraq? Oh yeah that's right, we are--"

And why? Could it be because you are occupying the territory after having invaded the country and shot it to pieces? During such circumstances, I think I would attack you to.

"Does that mean we should treat their deaths as unimportant, just events to be expected? No, because that's when real chaos will set in--when the value of life becomes unimportant to people."

No, chaos sets in when some people are more valuable than others, not because of personal ties but because of religion and nationality. I have yet to see any americans here posting the same kind of propaganda drivel about the thousands of dead Iraqi civilians. So please, dont try to make it come across as if the lives of Iraqi civilians are even comparably as important as the live of american soldiers.

Quote[/b] ]

What else would you call people who dismember peoples' bodies? If they were radical Christians, I'm sure they would be called savage Christian terrorists.

Didn't the mutilations happen in Fallujah which is a baathist place?

Quote[/b] ]We try to minimize casualties on both sides as much as possible.

No. That´s just not true. You claimed to free Iraq. Now you killed at least 10.000 people while freeing them.

Do you think the appropriate answer to gunfire are hellfires and LGB´s in residential areas ? Or AC 130 ´s ?

Do you think that is the way to avoid civillian casualties ?

Quote[/b] ]Who are the ones currently being attacked in Iraq?

Coalition forces. Did you ever ask yourself why ?

Certainly not because you are so welcome there. Certainly not because you rebuild infrastructure.

Certainly not because the coaltion does such an excellent job down there.

You get attacked because you invaded the country, failed to establish security, failed to get infrastructure up and running again, failed to provide basic services for the population like water and electricity, failed to involve the people of Iraq in the government, failed to unite the country, failed to make your case look justified, failed to plan the goddamn thing right, failed to protect the ones who need protection and now you recruit former Saddam loyals for the Iraqi army.

I´m sorry but if you can´t see why you get attacked you must be blind.

Quote[/b] ]Otherwise, what's the point of giving your life for your country?

See where your flaw is ? Iraq is not your country wink_o.gif

I never had a problem to get killed for a good reason. If you claim to be a soldier you should know that there is always the possibility of death. That´s part of the job. That´s why you get extra money for missions abroad.

If you think that soldiers are immortal or only die for higher goals you know little of reality.

Quote[/b] ]and no one should have sympathy for his family?

No. But do you show sympathy for killed Iraqis ?

This "american" does biggrin_o.gif

falluja_solidarity.jpg

Santa is a hippie!

Quote[/b] ]

What else would you call people who dismember peoples' bodies? If they were radical Christians, I'm sure they would be called savage Christian terrorists.

How do you know they were radical Muslims? Maybe they were just thugs, or people who hate the occupying force for... some reason?

Quote[/b] ]"american"

Why is he less american than for example you are?

Last time I checked beeing aa citizen of USA doesnt depend on ones opinions..

Quote[/b] ]Who are the ones currently being attacked in Iraq?

Coalition forces. Did you ever ask yourself why ?

Certainly not because you are so welcome there. Certainly not because you rebuild infrastructure.

Certainly not because the coaltion does such an excellent job down there.

You get attacked because you invaded the country, failed to establish security, failed to get infrastructure up and running again, failed to provide basic services for the population like water and electricity, failed to involve the people of Iraq in the government, failed to unite the country, failed to make your case look justified, failed to plan the goddamn thing right, failed to protect the ones who need protection and now you recruit former Saddam loyals for the Iraqi army.

I´m sorry but if you can´t see why you get attacked you must be blind.

Another major reason is that they are American, plain and Simple, Americans are seen as the big bad man and should eb killed, there are alot of Foreign fighters in Iraq and if you think otherwise then you very short sighted, they flocked to iraq so they could fight and kill Americans.

Quote[/b] ]there are alot of FOreign fighters in Iraq and if you think otherwise then you very short sighted

Show me numbers and credible sources.

Otherwise it´s only TBA hearsay.

there are alot of FOreign fighters in Iraq and if you think otherwise then you very short sighted, they flocked to iraq so they could fight americans.

no, foreign contractors paid by the US secretary of state don't fight americans unclesam.gif

/sarcasm/

Quote[/b] ]there are alot of FOreign fighters in Iraq and if you think otherwise then you very short sighted

He is right, there are over ~120 000 US soldiers, + british, polish, spanish, italian troops in there.

O common you show me numbers and figures of them being normal civilians picking up arms, its exactly what happened in Afghanistan, its not TBA Propaganda because im not American and i am not subject to there news media, also im pretty sure they are saying the total opposite that they are Sadr's militia in order to justify going after what was once a very small player in Iraq.

Another major reason is that they are American, plain and Simple, Americans are seen as the big bad man and should eb killed...

Maybe the americans should think about polishing up their image in the region ;)

Quote[/b] ]

Gang of savage Islamic terrorists ?  crazy_o.gif

What else would you call people who dismember peoples' bodies?  If they were radical Christians, I'm sure they would be called savage Christian terrorists.

How do you know they were radical Muslims? Maybe they were just thugs, or people who hate the occupying force for... some reason?

You decide:

Iraqis Drag Bodies Through Streets After Attack

Quote[/b] ]As the victims lay burning, a crowd of about 150 men chanted: "Long live Islam" and "Allahu Akbar" ("God is Greatest") while flashing victory signs for the television cameras.

But you might want to ask the Scholar just to be sure.

Yes indeed, it just shows how if not rushed and done properly you easily could hide anything in the desert.

Quote[/b] ]I didn't know that.

It has been in Iraq thread 1 if I remember right.

Quote[/b] ]O common you show me numbers and figures of them being normal civilians picking up arms

Well babies, elderlies and women are not on my list of terrorists of foreign fighters. 600 hundred of them were killed in Falluja during the marine raid.

Avon you really know better than that. Even when an arab mechanic manages to fix a car he says Allahu Akbar. It´s a very ordinary expression in the ME.

Quote[/b] ]O common you show me numbers and figures of them being normal civilians picking up arms

Well babies, elderlies and women are not on my list of terrorists of foreign fighters. 600 hundred of them were killed in Falluja during the marine raid.

o so 600 Babies, Elderly people and women are the only ones who died in fallujah, source please.

That was 500 and something pages long, right? crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Avon you really know better than that. Even when an arab mechanic manages to fix a car he says Allahu Akbar. It´s a very ordinary expression in the ME.

Not once has my mechanic said that. tounge_o.gif

Read my small quote from the article again. What forces you to be such an apologist?