Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

maybe help this one , that we use for it .

this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1, 19]

Yes, i do it the same way and it works fine for me.

ciao,

i have the carrier, the planes and i understood good to put objects on the ship. but i didn't understand what i have to do to lunch the script. where i have to put the script? in a waypoint? can anybody help me?

ciao thank u a lot

The catapult launch script would usually be called from another script or maybe from a trigger. This is usually only used for AI manned planes.

No need to use it for planes you occupied in-game ...... just roll the plane up near a catapult start position on the deck (and point the plane in the correct direction) and a new item will appear in your ACTION menu. Select the launch from the ACTION menu and the count down begins biggrin_o.gif .... hold on tight !

APS Gnat ty a lot i did as u sayed and it worked good.

ciao

edi

Well, just in case that is a pain in the ass to use, I got an alternative method for launching player or AI aircraft.  I haven't released it yet, but from all tests the CAT launch script 3.0 is finished and ready for use.

This script now can launch any aircraft in any angle,  and is very simple to use.  Just do [planename] exec "launch.sqs"  and that's all it takes.

I'll have it published sometime this week or the next.

Stay on? Do you mean to put a plane on the deck?

If so, put the same line of code you used on the soldier in the init line on the plane. ( I hope that's what you mean) crazy_o.gif

it only works on soliders but i was given i code that post to work on planes in the int feild but dont work wink_o.gif

I had an idea.  Don't know if I'm crossing lines, or stepping on anybody's toes, so please take no offense.  Just wondering if there was a need, or desire for this model to have elevators, hangar decks, ready rooms, engine rooms, Ad Nauseum.  If it's wanted, and it's ok with the authors of this, I'd like to model it.  (if someone would script and texture it  biggrin_o.gif )

Scrub

Well Scrub .... I suspect there once was a desire to model elevators etc ..... but that seems to have died off.

So i'd say ... go your hardest and someone will come along and have a go at the scripting I'm sure (maybe even myself).

You find some of the work (modelling) on elevators for example already started, but never finished.

I've been thinking it over for some time.  The Nimitz model sections are not too detailed, and I'm not up to speed in O2.  Rather than try to modify the existing, I might get the real world dimensions and go from scratch.  It would be quicker, just compairing this to the details of the other ship I modeled.  The maximum volume OFP can handle is what, 75 cubic meters?  (I suppose there should be a new topic started on this issue.  crazy_o.gif)

Nar ... go to the O2 part of the forum or OFPEC site .... think the true limit might be 64 meters ..... but several people had different views. My suggest ... go low cuz its harder to undo once you've started ! smile_o.gif

Best of luck!

Nice to hear you are planning to make a new model. Like Gnat said, don't go over 64m (in fact, if you really want to be safe...i suggest to work with 60m sections. I remember when making the Nimiz, parts of +-65m worked perfectly, until i added some stuff...and errors (roadlod) began.

Although I like the Nimitz, I would prefer it if you would make a Russian Kuznetsov class Carrier instead of making another Nimitz smile_o.gif

So we can balance stuff a bit and make Carrier vs Carrier fights ;)

Quote[/b] ]FW200 Posted on Aug. 01 2004,08:32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I like the Nimitz, I would prefer it if you would make a Russian Kuznetsov class Carrier instead of making another Nimitz

So we can balance stuff a bit and make Carrier vs Carrier fights ;)

Firstly, I agree. But my oh my, things move fast here. biggrin_o.gif  I have already thought of postponing the Nimitz remake as I looked into making a Wasp class amphi carrier for the LCAC, and have been told there are a few others out there (Tarawa, LSD).  So now I'm back on the kick of an aircraft carrier.  As the last post on this topic, let me say that after the LCAC tasks quiet down a bit (another week or so). I'll start a new carrier thread, and we can define the objectives together.  Sorry to clog this thread with off-topic drivel.. crazy_o.gif

I have a question. Each time the carrier lights up and fires at a enemy plane, it gives me script errors at the top of the screen. something about 'target' or 'acquiring target'. crazy_o.gif

It takes place on Trinity island. I have the Nimitz, Footmunch's su27 and f16, the BIS su25.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks for any input. biggrin_o.gif

There is a Russain aircraft carrier floating around, why not copy the scripts and stuff to it to make it work like the Nimits? Never got it to work in game so no clue if you can launch anythig off it.

well maybe cuz the kutznecov (agh that stupid admirals name)

has no such launch scripts....

The Russian carrier does sort of come with a launch script as such .....

a) open the Demo Mission that comes with Addon

b) Copy one of the TRIGGERS used to "line-catch" landing aircraft.

c) paste the copy a little further forward on the ship .. ie where you want to start a launch from.

d) Change a bit of the trigger code from;

[vehicle player,0,0.1] exec "changevel.sqs"

to

[vehicle player,160,0.3] exec "changevel.sqs"

(change the HINT too to something like "Launch!")

bingo ... as you roll a plane across the deck to the trigger spot (line the plane up with the up curved ramp smile_o.gif ) bam! you are boosted off the deck.

I would consider transplanting some of the Nimitz scipts across to the Russian carrier .... cept the ship is not really finished (more so textures and scripts) and the official authors (of both ships) may get their nose out of join if I did so .....

Hey there,

I'm experiencing problems when taking off the carrier, when I place an A10 on the deck it "wobbles" down the runway, its as if its submerged in the flooring! crazy_o.gif

Does anyone know how to correct this?  smile_o.gif

EDIT: I think I have pinpointed what is exactly happening - basicly if you start in the A10 on the deck at the beginning of the mission, the plane's Gears will be up, causing it to bounce about.

However, if you place an empty A10, its Gears will be down. Therefore you get into the plane and can fly it.

Is there anyway to fix this so I can actually start in the plane at the beginning of the mission?

I was thinking something along the lines of a "doaction" which makes the planes gears go down, however I'm not sure how to do it. smile_o.gif

Thanks,

Plastic_boy

Quote[/b] ]- Some aircraft automaticly raise undercarriage ... little can be done to fix (cept the addon makers can fix)

Ok well thats answered biggrin_o.gif Looks like I'd better go download some of Footmunch's planes smile_o.gif