Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

So... where can I find an actual mission with the thing pre-assembled? All the ones I've seen on here are just the addon itself. Which if im not mistaken is segmented. I don't want to fart around lining it up perfectly.

Just select "USS Nimitz" from West\Hawk Vehicles and it'll come fully put together. The other Nimitz units in the list are just parts of the ship.

Ah. That's convenient.

... Too bad actually landing on it isn't. Please tell me you don't -need- an arrestor-hook enabled aircraft to properly land on this aircraft carrier. I've been trying (without hellden's new f14) with AIA's p51 mustang and WW2 EC's F4U corsair. With the p51 when I land and it says it was "caught" The plane stops and sticks it's ass-end in the air and the little action dialog box starts flickering so bad I can't even select to get out of the plane. Is that because it can't tell if it's on the ground or not and keeps trying to enable the tank jettison option?

However even more weird I tried landing on it with an A-10 and every time I did, the bloody gear would retract as soon as I got on the deck... is there a manual to tell you how to use this thing? I'm really beginning to think I'll just stick to that other beta aircraft carrier. At least you could land anything you wanted on that.

Ah. That's convenient.

... Too bad actually landing on it isn't. Please tell me you don't -need- an arrestor-hook enabled aircraft to properly land on this aircraft carrier. I've been trying (without hellden's new f14) with AIA's p51 mustang and WW2 EC's F4U corsair. With the p51 when I land and it says it was "caught" The plane stops and sticks it's ass-end in the air and the little action dialog box starts flickering so bad I can't even select to get out of the plane. Is that because it can't tell if it's on the ground or not and keeps trying to enable the tank jettison option?

However even more weird I tried landing on it with an A-10 and every time I did, the bloody gear would retract as soon as I got on the deck... is there a manual to tell you how to use this thing? I'm really beginning to think I'll just stick to that other beta aircraft carrier. At least you could land anything you wanted on that.

ive successfuly landed on it with the F-14, the F/A-18, E-2 Hawkeye, C-47 Dakota, C-130 Hercules, CH53, MH60, UH1, and once with a parachute smile_o.gif

@baphomet

What's the problem, who said it would be easy to land on an aicraft carrier? And no, you don't need an arrester hook. Just select the line break option in action menu when you're near the carrier. This is something like using an arrester hook automatically. You can use it with any aircraft. And get the latest release of the nimitz, some guys (I'm sorry, I forget names all the time) made a beta 0.5 with many many great fixes. Just read all the posts. There are two threads with lots of information about this carrier, that is I think by far one of the best addons I've seen in ofp. There are tons of final releases of addons that can't mess with this beta.

Well I didn't want it to necessarily be easy. Just not... weird?

Landing on an aircraft carrier and having the gear retract beneath my plane is odd, and it pretty much renders the plane useless. I couldn't do jack squat with it after that. Then there's that whole issue of it deciding to make planes do a face-plant into the deck, preventing you from getting out.

I have no problem getting the planes on the deck. It's just the erratic behavior of the planes after they've landed that have me scratching my head.

I am aware about the various revisions. I'm using Gnat's version right now. I only know of one other released aircraft carrier... it looked like it was in worse shape than this one. However it did perform a lot more predictably. I could actually land it and set up a launch with relatively no hassle. What with the odd behavior I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Since I can't confirm it. It's just annoying.

use the planes that i mentioned above... you see most planes in OFP even the BIS ones have a automatic gear retract when u get to a certian hieght and speed. therefor when your at say 25m.. the gear goes up so u dont have to worry about it. its noob proof basicly. but the planes i mentioned above (found in my USN pack a few pages back) doesnt have that noobproof gear and works fine smile_o.gif if u have a problem with the gear goin up.. jsut click gear down real fast to catch it. i had to catch it like that with the C47

Don't miss the F4 Skyhawk Addon (Falkland Mod/Col.KLink), amazing! Footmunch's F4 Phantom works very well too and not to forget the Sea Harrier (again, great addon by Falkland Mod/Col.KLink).

btw, what version ist that C-47 and who made it? I have a version from Marcel with static landing gear, afaik (C47_Transporter_V2 with Junkers textures for the interior).

Don't miss the F4 Skyhawk Addon (Falkland Mod/Col.KLink), amazing! Footmunch's F4 Phantom works very well too and not to forget the Sea Harrier (again, great addon by Falkland Mod/Col.KLink).

btw, what version ist that C-47 and who made it? I have a version from Marcel with static landing gear, afaik (C47_Transporter_V2 with Junkers textures for the interior).

private beta version (beta tester for WWIIEC) smile_o.gifblues.gif

Quote[/b] ]private beta version (beta tester for WWIIEC)

biggrin_o.gif secret squirril stuff eh !

BTW, Dont Fold Wings with the RAD F18's on the AC deck, you REALLY get some weird flip-o-matic $#@$# then LOL biggrin_o.gif

well there is a huge problem, when I was flying in F-14 as a gunner and made wpt to carrier, when our Tomcat was flying over carrier ( beautifull work!!! ) I pressed to land on it with a break line, but it crashes into carrier, trying to get to low altittude, I think about 2 metters over it and landing will be done ;)

yeah whats the status of this great project?

I got gnat's carrier but i would like to see more improvements like a.i sam site shoot down east aircrafts tounge_o.gif

When the carrier will be done ? The beta is cool but too many bug with clipping problem...but the addon is very cool smile_o.gif

How do i get the blast plates to rise? I can get the rear ones (1&2) to rise but not the front ones (3&4). I have made a very basic a.i catapult script that only works with F18s on the front cats

Never tried it with AI, but if you place a aircraft on the deck and move it "in front" of the catapult, you'll get the "Lauch with catapult"-option in your actionmenu as player. And if you chose this option, the blast plates will rise.

Just fisit this topic. Perhaps you'll find something that will help you in there.

Mfg MEDICUS

Hi guys,

just spotted this threat, and thought i let you know this addon is on Fraghaus. We have a couple mission to practice with it:)

Its a really nice addon.

Here are some screenies biggrin_o.gif

UO0005.jpg

UO(040322-190226-23).jpg

UO(040307-185518-39).jpg

Nightlandings are not easy=P

Have fun,

Daywalker biggrin_o.gif

Hi Guys,

Sorry to be a pain but could some confirm that the post by[APS]Gnat on Jan 31 2004 is the current / latest download link and version of the Nimitz please?

Im kinda lost crazy_o.gif

Thanks Rhys

Well rhysduk .......... wish I could say Hawk (or smeone) had updated it ..... but ....... seems not the case from what I can tell.

To my knowledge, the "05" was the last "enhancment" of the Nimitz. Little more I myself can do with it because I'm not a 3D modeller .... and I can barely be called a scripter ! biggrin_o.gif LOL

Someone should really continue working on it. If Hawk doesn't want to continue it maybe he might be open to give it to someone else to work on? This addon has huge potencial and should be continued, it's already so great, but if someone keeps working on it, it will get way better. Is someone working on it, but just no releases? rock.gif

Hi Gnat and Homer smile_o.gif

Well i would be happy to work on the script side of the addon, ok thanks, ill download the "05" one and see whats what..

Keep me posted on what you plan to do on the addon smile_o.gif

Rhys

Also any idea where that sky script / addon has come from?

if you're willing to do the maths and work i can send you a .cpp for a diff carrier which has a working lift which might be usefull on nimitz(with a Tow Tractor)

any idea where that sky script / addon has come from?

If you are talking about  the one in the screens above, it looks like Llaumas Sky V1.x , or an older version.

Mfg MEDICUS

i know this has been aswerd befor but how do u put aircraft on the ship, i had it done but forgot but pluse when ever i tried to take off the landing gear was put up before i can take off........................ crazy_o.gif idk u should know what i mean not to sure tho