Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

New island in progress

Just for a little motivation id like to say to the creator of this island nice job on the buildings. Perhaps you'll release a seperate building pack or something. Also, I wantted to tell you how much this thing reminds me of where I live in Peoria, Arizona. Keep up the good work, this is going to turn out to be one of my favorite islands. Perhaps I'll use it as an iraq map or something. Lol. Maybe I'll do some police work on this one and make believe its Peoria, Arizona. lol.

everyone knows you cant close quarters battle with the ai, but it be a lil funner on mp with some likeminded players.

Actually with proper a proper pathway lod the AI aren't that stupid, although a bit semi-retarded I guess.  tounge_o.gif  They can navigate all of the enterable buildings with absolutely no problems as it is.

--------------------

As for progress, I'm almost done a biker club/pub, it's looking really, really good and I'll post pics of it soon.  smile_o.gif

BTW, does anyone know how I can get the smallest possible file for a song in OFP? I know mp3 can't be used, but is there any way of compressing a soundfile and making it 5-10 megs at least? rock.gif

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ April 17 2004,20:21)]There is already a parking garage out (came with C&R Pack a while back) although you fall through almost everywhere and the whole thing is grey.... it's still a parking garage. Though I would like to have a new and better garage. (Though what I really want is an UnderGround Parking Garage, but no, OFP Engine sucks... tounge_o.gif )

actualy this is possible.

first you "slope" the ground

---\

----\___/

then you put the "building" down in that hole

then setpos (however u do that in an island maker thingy)

and viola underground parking.

@ USMC sniper:

i made a cd player script with about 20 some odd songs @ 14 megs

poitn in gettin gat here is PM me. ill give you my messenger contact. and ill compress teh mp3 song of ur choice into an .ogg smallest possible file with just as good quality.

i got a 5 meg/5 minute song down to 900kb a few times.

so ill be glad to help

Biker Club

Biker Club Garage

Biker Club Office

As you can see I've been using more and more BIS textures and objects, saves me time and just looks better, I'm probably going to update the restaurant sometime soon.  smile_o.gif

Also, the club is nowhere near complete, theres lot of more details I want to add, such as pizza boxes on the tables, beer bottles all over the bar counter, trash on the floor, a jukebox or a radio, posters, etc.

Change that pooey Confederate Flag to a WEST COAST CHOPPERS Poster/Flag tounge_o.gif And don't forget to have lots of Chopper's stuff all over and on the bikers, you should put Harley Davidson on some and West Coast Choppers on the others

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ May 01 2004,12:35)]Change that pooey Confederate Flag to a WEST COAST CHOPPERS Poster/Flag tounge_o.gif And don't forget to have lots of Chopper's stuff all over and on the bikers, you should put Harley Davidson on some and West Coast Choppers on the others

Lol I just put the confederate flag there (I'm not even american lol) just because I always see bikers associating with them. Panteras guitarist has a confederate flag painted on his guitar, zakk wylde (ozzys guitarist) wears them on his leather jackets, the new hitman game had them all over the place in the biker club, when I looked for biker apparel on the internet for texture for the bikers half of the stuff had confederate symbols on it, also a bunch of bars and pubs near me have them inside.  tounge_o.gif

Probably 1/6 or 2/6 of the island done, in terms of the amount of area where buildings are placed. A bit more considering I have a bunch of buildings that haven't been placed, and buildings that have temporary placements. smile_o.gif

oki sorry did not read all but will all buildings be enterable

Sorry for the shity English

and ye one more Unsung guy lol wink_o.gif

oki sorry did not read all but will all buildings be enterable

Sorry for the shity English

and ye one more Unsung guy lol  wink_o.gif

No just the more important ones that would have meaning in a mission, if all were enterable the city would lag like hell.

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ May 01 2004,12:35)]Change that pooey Confederate Flag to a WEST COAST CHOPPERS Poster/Flag tounge_o.gif And don't forget to have lots of Chopper's stuff all over and on the bikers, you should put Harley Davidson on some and West Coast Choppers on the others

Lol I just put the confederate flag there (I'm not even american lol) just because I always see bikers associating with them. Panteras guitarist has a confederate flag painted on his guitar, zakk wylde (ozzys guitarist) wears them on his leather jackets, the new hitman game had them all over the place in the biker club, when I looked for biker apparel on the internet for texture for the bikers half of the stuff had confederate symbols on it, also a bunch of bars and pubs near me have them inside.  tounge_o.gif

due to the fact that its not as much represents the confederates as it does represent "rebels" or a rebelion in that case. therefore bikers feel that they are in someway "rebels" not as much as they support confederatisum as they do rebelinng agaisnt general society

PS: i am American tounge_o.gif

Real Cool! I can hardly wait to have a real large city at OFP biggrin_o.gif

due to the fact that its not as much represents the confederates as it does represent "rebels" or a rebelion in that case.  therefore bikers feel that they are in someway "rebels" not as much as they support confederatisum as they do rebelinng agaisnt general society

Ah thanks for explaining that, I've been wondering about that for a while. smile_o.gif

I'm having a problem with transparency in .paa files ( Picture ), yet with the same texture (also check the blinds of the office in the BIS hanger, I use that texture and it has the same transparency problem). Is there any way to fix this? I heard something about putting "CanOcclude" in the properties thing, but I don't know which lod to put it in and if its canocclude 1 or something along those lines. rock.gif

If you are using Photoshop 7, you need to d/l the patch for it, and it should help. Don't know if there is one but HAMMY said photoshop 7 had a bug and you could get the patch at adobe's site

Could you maybe explain what your problem is in that picture? I don't seem to get it...

The character behind the door is invisible, the glass should be transparent. You can see his elbow sticking out from the side of the door.

It seems like you've encounter engine limitation here. In some cases objects textured with paa textures is not visible behind transparent paa textured face. The one solution is to use fully transparent texture, the other is to turn off HWT&L (sometimes seem to help).

A long time ago I've spent the whole week trying to figure out the best solution for this problem, needless to say, with no luck. sad_o.gif

There's a thing in the main config.cpp that has some odd thing with it, I'll post it and see if it helps any.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgTextureToMaterial

{

class CarGlass

{

textures[]= {"data\jeep4x4_glass.paa","data\jeep_kab_sklo1.paa","data\jeep_kab_sklo2.paa","data\jepp4x4_glass.paa",

"data\jepp_kab_sklo1.paa","data\jepp_kab_sklo2.paa","data\scud_sklo.paa","data\scud_sklo2.paa","data\scud_sklo3.paa",

"data\scud_sklo4.paa"};

material="#SpecularGlass";

};

EDIT: Found the materials right below

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgMaterials

{

class SpecularGlass

{

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};

diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};

forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};

specular[]={0.800000,0.800000,0.800000,0};

specularPower=5;

emmisive[]={0,0,0,0};

};

This either has to do with the transparency or the reflectivity, I'm not sure which.

Thought i'd bump it up to the top to keep people interested again but anyways god damn cant wait untill this island comes out i've been looking at this island everyday for like ever since it came out just watching waiting staring (wow stalker chill) anyways hows it coming along as of now bud.

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I haven't made any substantial progress but theres a "ghetto" type neighbourhood done, which is sort of inspired by the gta: san andreas screens. However, I'm planning on reworking the whole island structure + landscape, instead of a vice city style two island thing its going to be a bit different. There will be a miami type city near the south part of the island, then some countryside with a highway, then the highway will branch to a northern los angeles type city, and to a large airport with terminals and stuff. Also, near the southern area, I'm going to make a caribbean style island with some sort of guerilla base or drug dealer mansion (kind of like the one in scarface in bolivia), with a whole drug plant and cocaine farms and stuff. Needless to say it will be pretty fucking awesome when its done, and will give tons and tons of mission ideas. biggrin_o.gif

and abut 100% lag if its going to be that big

not for MP games crazy_o.gif