Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

CSLA you rule!!Just started playing with your awsome mod and it`s of the highest quality as is gets.Love the new airplane,the new units,love everything..All but the sounds, they could need a little tweaking.A good thing that I`ve notice is that the missions aren`t laggy,my sistem geting old I had no problem until this moment.I am sure BIS is proud of your work them being czech too.

Regarding the campaign cutscenes. Some more suggestions:

1. Do Russian Spetsnaz troops really run around hoisting the Jolly Roger? I don't think so! rock.gif It's both not realistic and not very stealthy.

2. Come to think of it, all the other troops running around waving flags are just asking to be hit.

About the CSLA troops:

Anyone else notice that their thin biceps and triceps are indicative of symptoms of malnutrition? Bad year for crops in the Nogova Republic? rock.gif

you think 300kb is fast im getting it at 664kb tounge_o.gif thank god for Glasgow uni's t1 conection biggrin_o.gif

Oh well, I for one do love the cinematics...I had dinner while watching the whole intro, instead of watching a movie, very good camera work, but yeah, those flags are downright silly if u ask (which u didnt tounge_o.gif ). Thank you very much CSLA studios, my oldest OFP Mod has just been greatly upgraded biggrin_o.gif

My only beef is that the spread factor on the weapons is a bit overdone IMO, i agree with not-so-acurate guns in full auto, but in single shot mode any decent weapon being used by a trained soldier is far more acurate than these.

The new vehicles are outstanding smile_o.gif

The intro was TOO long. 10 mins should be max length.

And the infantry looks like they having a pyjama party. Other units are very detailed (cars, tanks, helicopters etc.), good textures. Some sounds are too quiet and i was bit dissapointed that mod didn't have Chezk voice profiles like finnish voices in FDFmod.

Another enemy of cinematics!  wink_o.gif

Pyjama party - now you see how stupid our fathers felt when they attnded the compulsory exercises  tounge_o.gif In fact, the uniforms are as realistic as possible.

I'm not a enemy of the cinematics but intro was just too long for my taste. Good intro though.  smile_o.gif  

How much the Czech differs from Russian? For me it sounded "harder" than Russian.

I'm not a enemy of the cinematics but intro was just too long for my taste. Good intro though. smile_o.gif

How much the Czech differs from Russian? For me it sounded "harder" than Russian.

I have to say I haven't seen it yet smile_o.gif But I plan to see the intro cinematics when eating my late dinner today...

Czech really differs from Russian, and it really sounds "harder". But about the difference: Czech could hardly understand Russian. Czech language was under heavy influence of German since 13th century, Russian was less influenced by foreign languages (until Tzar Peter "The Great" tried to establish some closer relations with foreign countries, from those times, many words from other languages infiltrated Russian and only barely changed). You should better ask some Russian on history of his language...

Some answers to your question.

1/ Concerning often mentioned "pyjama" cammo: Cammo used during the eighties in CS army was so called Vzor 60 (Pattern  60). Atnother name for it was "needle leaves".

http://www.henrikc.dk/camouflage/details.asp?autono=8

Out textures are pretty close. Also soldier equipent is up to army standard and according to reality.

2/ Mi-24's 30mm cannon - depending on version - both variants (23 and 30mm) were present.

3/ Standard soldiers (US and Soviet) in OFP is overrated in terms of model size. It is over 1.8 m. Average man is not that big, so our models are little bit smaller - around 1.75 m.

On the other hand some deformation of model (hands, legs)can be caused by new anims.

4/ Russian language is different than Czech. People don't uderstand each other if they don't study it. Alphabet is completely different. It is slavic language, but different (such as polish vs. russian).

Ok, i've put in about 3 hours into this mod, so here is my first report (of bugs)...

1: I think when people mentioned BMP's and PT76's as being impossible to kill, they were shooting *through* them.  I noticed a large number of my RPG shots went *under* the tanks and beyond them.  I would have just assumed it was a bad shot, but it happened relatively frequently (from head on angles)

2: The mission triggers and objectives need to be better specified.  I spent 10 minutes in mission 3 (or 4?) clicking around the central base identifying things, and the waypoint never changed (im almost positive I got everything but I don't want to post a spoiler).  Other missions also got hung up as some units never crawled out of the trigger zone or just hid(north island attack)

3: The "Finish this mission" action doesn't seem to work...

4: The center aiming reitcule for the Hinds is obscured by the crossbar in the cockpit (not really a bug, just a preference thing)

I'll post some screen shots soon of these little bugs plus some awesome shots of this mod in action...

and one other thing, those missions are HARD...  tounge_o.gif

I'm not a enemy of the cinematics but intro was just too long for my taste. Good intro though.  smile_o.gif  

I have to say I haven't seen it yet smile_o.gif But I plan to see the intro cinematics when eating my late dinner today...

Czech really differs from Russian, and it really sounds "harder". But about the difference: Czech could hardly understand Russian. Czech language was under heavy influence of German since 13th century, Russian was less influenced by foreign languages (until Tzar Peter "The Great" tried to establish some closer relations with foreign countries, from those times, many words from other languages infiltrated Russian and only barely changed). You should better ask some Russian on history of his language...

Thanks for the info Edge! I'm always interested of languages and their backgrounds.

Holy no more microsecond count. 47% complete 13 hours to go. Looks like a over nighter for me. 28k bush internet speed sad_o.gif

I'm gonna get Telstra tounge_o.gif

Great job CSLA that is a really nice package nothing has been left to chance its like having a new game biggrin_o.gif

Tip: Note the pics of girls inside of some vehicles, they change randomly everytime. smile_o.gif

Very unimpressed. mad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Holy no more microsecond count. 47% complete 13 hours to go.

Let's see.........................

................... that would be 46,800,000,000 microseconds to go! tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Very unimpressed. mad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

Not for us...

The girls there are ours girlfriends and wifes, who had much of patience for long time we worked on this mod...

So, its the memory for them and the suggestion for us when working all last nights...

:-)

So dont be unmannered...

So dont be unmannered...

Indeed I apologize.

I assumed they were pinup and centerfold pics. But you wouldn't do that to your wives and GFs, would you?!

Where the hell are the english subtitles? I only have those cryptic language subtitles. hmm too bad

Maybe this answers your question:

I am sorry that the translated text from MAA is not ready, yet. I am working on the translation, right now.

smile_o.gif

Avon, I think that message from dusand was not related to subtitles but to long text in first post from MAA (which was translated by dusand)

I think that the probs with titles are caused by updates 1.95 and 1.96 or by interferention with other mods. Campaign has been tested under english environment using 1.91 (CSLA 2 was developed for 1.91) without probs.

Where the hell are the english subtitles? I only have those cryptic language subtitles. hmm too bad

Maybe this answers your question:

I am sorry that the translated text from MAA is not ready, yet. I am working on the translation, right now.

smile_o.gif

I am really surprised how picky you are about this modification, avon... Maybe we really should have added your pic, too wink_o.gif

Please if anybody has troubles with subtitles and feel deceived enough to express it here, specify your game version and other circumstances (e.g. if you tried to run multiple mods or so...), it would be very helpful.

I am really surprised how picky you are about this modification, avon... Maybe we really should have added your pic, too  wink_o.gif

Wait.............................. just a little bit more eyeline applicator...................................OK.........ready! smile_o.gif

Is there any way to make this mod compatible with ECP? Since going back to the stoneage OFP explosions just makes me feel really odd. Perhaps this is a question the ECP boys could answer better?

And that has to be the only gripe I have with the mod so far. Everything is top quality and it feels very authentic, and the new Mi-24's look deadly to say the least. Very good job on those, and all the rest of the mod for that matter, excellent job CSLA team!