Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

Have just given up playiong Operation Redhead.

It works fine, but Im just so tired of Special forces missions, the addons are great the cutscenes are great but there's only so much of you three guys infiltrate the camp/destroy the convoy I can take.

Also that chase script in the assasination mission is reeaaaally annoying. crazy_o.gif

I'm loving the campaign so far. I just completed the steal the tanks mission where you have to actually steal a fuel truck to fuel up the tanks. So far the campaign has been an excellent mix of covert ops and frontal assaults. Plus I LOVE ambushing convoys, although I wish I'd had more of a free hand in ambushing the one on the river.

In the rescue the civilians mission, I set up my satchels and took out 4 BMP's in one shot! Then I got killed by the PT76's that came after them. sad_o.gif

The cut-scenes are first rate. I can't imagine the number of hours that was put into voice acting and scripting to make them work so well. I mean it's really a professional job on that. This could almost be sold as an expansion pack!

The addons also are textured and modeled extremely well. There are many small details, like mud on the sides of the vehicles, etc. that really make them stand out.

My only gripe might be that some of the gun sounds don't really sound real. I am by no means an expert, I have never heard a BMP fire in real life, but do their machine guns really sound like that? Also the small arms that the resistance have sound strange too. I can't explain the sound, but it's almost like they have silencers on them and are muffled.

The explosions and other effects are top-notch. The first time I set off a satchel and blew up some BMP's, I noticed that little ring of dust/smoke that comes out from the shockwave. I thought that was really cool.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the campaign now.

yes I was talking about the CSLA patch and I think it fixed one of the problems... not sure.

idea of the possible conflicts with 1.96 was something of my own suspicions about the compatibility. I remember a statement "designed for 1.91" or something but I'm quite positive its got nothing to do with this case.

@KaRRiLLioN:

Thank you very much for positive comments ! smile_o.gif

It is realy good to hear and it is giving us new power for working on next projects ;)

P.S. We are searching for new sounds for weapons so i hope that they will be replaced as soon as possible.

Hate to bother you again, but I'm having a problem advancing past the mission "Conquer HQ" where you must take Bitov and then defend it against the enemy tanks.

After I beat the mission, I clicked "continue" to go to next mission but the game crashed with the error:

Config: "" encountered instead of ','

I tried restarting, but still got the same error as it crashed.

Is there a problem with whatever the next mission is? Maybe in the description.ext?

I'm using the patch 2.01 and running 1.96 OFP.

Thanks, I'm really enjoying it thus far!

Edit: Nevermind, misread something sad_o.gif

Anyway, keep up the good work, CSLA is definately my most favourite mod biggrin_o.gif

@KaRRiLLioN:

Plz backup your SaveGames and try reinstall CSLA MOD and then apply patch 2.01.

That problem with "Config: "" encountered instead of ','" after mission Conquer HQ is fixed in patch 2.01 and nobody report that problem in version 2.01.

Problem was caused missing "," in CfgAddons section in mission.sqm in next mission after Conquer HQ.

That worked, thanks. I think I forgot to run the update.exe file the last time I reinstalled it.

@KaRRiLLioN:

I'm happy that it works for you smile_o.gif

hey guys

can my mod possibly use you mig15? we'd retexture it though because it ws used by the chinese in the korean war. I went to your site but sadly it seems like its all in Cezch, a language in which I do not speak sadly so I had to find a way to contact you and I found one.

~Bmgarcangel

recently retried the mod after getting the patch, Hinds work much better now. Able to shrug off most small arms fire even M2A2s using the 25mm chain gun have to combine fire power to bring down a hind, usualy it will survive a couple of passes before havint to break contact and get repairs.

English language (in the subtitles)

How can I do that? I can see only chech language subtitles i the campaing, and I even instaled update, but... sad_o.gif

Finally got it working without problems. Very impressive though a bit tough for my tastes.

One thing which did get my back up in the first mission though. Assuming everybody has got this far I'll risk a spoiler. I did feel a bit cheated when I kept failing the mission because the enemy BMPs blow up my convoy only to find that that was meant to happen in the success cutscene. Bit unfair to punish the player for doing something which has to happen anyway.

Otherwise excellent work.

By the way, will the original Operation Paranoid work directly through CSLA2 or does it only work with the original MOD?

Campaign CSLA1:Operation Paranoid will be updated for use under CSLA2 MOD.

Our campaign leader is back from bussiness trip so we are working hard to fix rest of bugs.

@Gedis: If you have patch 2.01 installed and subtitles still not working then switch your language settings to "English".

Quote[/b] ]Campaign CSLA1:Operation Paranoid will be updated for use under CSLA2 MOD.

Thank you so much.

Im stuck on the mission where you must capture the expert, is there any way to stop the BRDM, can you give me some hints please?

Thanks a lot Maa, now I can say, that, mod is great! Thanks to these moders, new usefull stuff was been created, like numbering a helicopter, I had this Idea in my head since flashpoint came out, and finally I ma "dream" came through ;)

But I still have plenty ideas for OFP and now I'm collecting all information about Lithuania's army, navy, air force, and thinking about creating Lithuanian MOD, only now I managed see, that all ofp comunity's work, helped me to show my self. So I'm just started creating 84mm Carl Gustaf M3, here is a pic:my oxygen carl gustaf

Are you still interested on that addon which allows use CSLA units outside MOD?

I made beta version of that addon but there are some problems.

CSLA MOD missions and CSLA rip missions are not fully compatible .

Some details:

- units used in original CSLA MOD as replacements of original units (BMPs, helis,...) are defined as new units avoid to conflicts with another addons/MODs

- all updated original ammo and weapons in MOD (machineguns, tank ammunitions,...) are newly defined for CSLA rip to match BIS standards

- all CSLA graphic effects are removed (burn effects, shock dust, heli dust,...)

Of course, we're interested, we need it!! I suggest that you release it as is. Maybe together we'll be able to tune this config to be as much as possible compatibile with CSLA MOD original missions.

BTW. @Gedis, sorry mate but I really don't think anybody is interested in your comp specs (your sig!). Is that this syndrome?  tounge_o.gif

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]all CSLA graphic effects are removed (burn effects, shock dust, heli dust,...)

Hmmm, I think you could retain these effects. They add much flavour to units and they don't affect game balance at all.

I made beta version of that addon but there are some problems.

CSLA MOD missions and CSLA rip missions are not fully compatible .

Some details:

- units used in original CSLA MOD as replacements of original units (BMPs, helis,...) are defined as new units avoid to conflicts with another addons/MODs

-  all updated original ammo and weapons in MOD (machineguns, tank ammunitions,...) are newly defined for CSLA rip to match BIS standards

-  all CSLA graphic effects are removed (burn effects, shock dust, heli dust,...)

i am still very interested. would be nice to see. i still wanna have a war with the csla and the fdf tounge_o.gif

Extremely interested! smile_o.gif

One request though: PLEASE PLEASE don't binarize the PBO. I can understand why you would want to but I personally would like to change the unit configs to make them more realistic instead of just having them use the default BIS configs, and I think others would be too. Obviously it's your decision but please consider it anyway. Thanks. smile_o.gif

When PBO will be editable then many versions will be created and missions created under this rip will not be compatible. I think that causes big chaos...

I think that better solution is create BIS compatible config usable with another addons like DKM, BAS, ECP,...etc

I tested this rip together with EffectPack and it works fine for me.

edit:

P.S. this rip is one 200kb big file

When PBO will be editable then many versions will be created and missions created under this rip will not be compatible. I think that causes big chaos...

I think that better solution is create BIS compatible config usable with another addons like DKM, BAS, ECP,...etc

I don't really agree with this. If you consider that there are many, many addons out there that are unbinarized and very rarely do they get re-released with new config's. I realise that your CSLA units are extremely high quality but even so, I don't think it's true that if you did release them in editable format there would soon be several versions which would cause conflicts in missions. I believe that a lot of people might edit them for their own personal use but I think perhaps only one 'realistic' version of the pack (perhaps to make it closer to the RHS/Sigma tank values) would actually be released into the community.

One option would be to state in the Readme that users must obtain permission from yourselves to release their own version of the pack. This way you could control the number of variants released, although again I must say I think this measure wouldn't be needed anyway.

Anyone else have an opinion on this? rock.gif

smile_o.gif