Sign in to follow this  
MAA

Csla 2

I had been kind of wishing for a proper campaign against the NATO units. You have to be the bad guy once in a while. tounge_o.gif

I had been kind of wishing for a proper campaign against the NATO units. You have to be the bad guy once in a while. tounge_o.gif

Me too smile_o.gif But you know, now we have to pretend it is not us who were planning to reach Lyon in 7 days wink_o.gif

Some interresting image on what Warsaw Pact (and particularly CSLA) planned back in 1960ies... The page is in Czech, but watch the map.

Me too smile_o.gif But you know, now we have to pretend it is not us who were planning to reach Lyon in 7 days wink_o.gif

Some interresting image on what Warsaw Pact (and particularly CSLA) planned back in 1960ies... The page is in Czech, but watch the map.

nobody cares about Switzerland... lol

I originally thought of posting it in "Military Stupidity" thread. biggrin_o.gif

Or should I say "We had strong and brave army which might make it even to Marseilles?" rock.gif

I get this error after the debriefing of "Conquer the HQ" mission, and also the game crashes. Will this be fixed in the patch?

Screenshot

Anyhow, CSLA2 is a really great mod. I like it more than FDF, dunno why, just seems better. The campaign is nice, different missions, different roles (though mostly your role is to play as Kouba). Nice job, guys! Long live CSLA! biggrin_o.gif

And also, where can i get those tools CSLA used to make their missions and stuff?

@Nilz:

patch is under testing... we hope that many bugs in campaign will be fixed. We are testing it heavy now because we want to prevent releasing bugged update.

Update will add english subtitles for other language settings (german,french,...) into campaign.

We are very sorry for bugs in campaign which degrade experience of campaign sad_o.gif

Small news > CSLA1 Campaign (Operation Paranoid) will be updated for using under CSLA2 MOD !

Tool are only in czech now but they will be fully translated to english in near future.

@Te kakan:

It is IMPOSSIBLE use new textures at original BIS models due to improved texture mapping and heavy model changes (HIP, HIND, UAZ, Ural)!

BMPs are totaly new models and textures are UNUSABLE at BIS models.

We will make small patch for using our vehicles outside CSLA MOD in future.

That's great news. Thank you! smile_o.gif

Our priority is fix all bugs now... after that we start work on that patch for using our vehicles outside MOD.

And me noob though we would be allowed to release some of the stuff as standalone addons.

wow_o.gif

I'm working on update and I have few questions:

1. Machinegun on Mi-8MBT2  is movable or fixed in reality?

2. Have anybody good sound for BMP?

BTW, we have our own sky texture made by Status, but they are not used in MOD yet...

That machinegun on the Mi-8 is a 7,62mm PKT, not a NSV (12,7mm), and it can be moved a little bit (not like a turret), anyway, it's just enough to point the helicopter to a target on the ground, and put some suppressive fire on it.

BTW, what exactly is a Mi-8MBT2 ? are you sure you haven't mistaken it with a Mi-8MT/V or MTSh ?

P.S. sorry if this question has already been answered.

MAA

On BMP (Resistance) & on T-72 (Resistance) there are both Gvardija & CSLA markings.

That machinegun on the Mi-8 is a 7,62mm PKT, not a NSV (12,7mm), and it can be moved a little bit (not like a turret), anyway, it's just enough to point the helicopter to a target on the ground, and put some suppressive fire on it.

It can be both, once I get back to Germany I'll scan some pictures. There can be two 7.62mm mgs on the nose and one 12.7mm. 7.62mm mgs are below guner and pilot and 12.7mm sticks out right from the nose. Elevation for 12.7mm is probably quite small, something like 5 degrees vertical.

Thank you CSLA for this Mod. I've only just d/l'ed it and am blown away by the quality of the vehicles.

..and special thanks for doing great justice to the Devil's Chariot, the Mi24. The Czech Blue Tiger is a work of art!

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Quote[/b] ]What's the thought on using something like the GMR explosion mod mixed in with CSLA 2?

I asked this a few pages back but all of the sudden it turned into a russia/czech debate.

I just find the BIS effects are a weak spot. any thoughts on adding in new explosions etc etc?

Quote[/b] ]What's the thought on using something like the GMR explosion mod mixed in with CSLA 2?

I asked this a few pages back but all of the sudden it turned into a russia/czech debate.

I just find the BIS effects are a weak spot. any thoughts on adding in new explosions etc etc?

I think MAA has already initiated some talks with various burn/explosions/smoke scripts authors (I think he asked ECP, but can't tell more at the moment). I am sure MAA himself will write more soon...

I'd rekon the Red hammer studio burn scripts will go well with the veichles from CSLA. They look Kool biggrin_o.gif

Whats wrong with CLSA's burning vehicles script? Its random, so you don't know if you tank you just bailed out of is gonna explode in your face or just smolder, even noticed the script sometimes seaks out the exits of the vehicles for the fire effect to pour out of it there. Just odd some addons also catch fire like the bicyle after its destroyed. Nore does it really make a hit on the CPU seeing I still have a low end machine. I got the dynamic sound working along with CLSA's mod so its rather nice. Even more so when JAM units are in use. Been afraid to install ECP mainly cause of the few erros that I got first reenabling DNS and able to not loose most of the functions of both mods in a conflict. The Hinds are kinda whimpy to 50 cal fire. But thats a game engine proble with damage recording. Oddly enough been able to take Airwolf into the same ground fire and it survive a few passes whould think the Hinds armor be on par with airwolfs, did survive a sam hit and limp back with a flaming engine. Which was very nice effect. Not suffered tail rotor failures yet in new gen hinds not sure its implimented. Even better the CLSA scritps donot override most of the other overly enhanced addons so far, or sometimes will tame them down to lessen lag. I wanna add repelling script to the Mi8/17 and 24 so baddly to do insertions into tight areas. Odd thing are the guys saying they wanna use just the russain hardwear if you set your prompt up just right you can use everything freely only the CLSA intro shows still the SAME OFP. Then do you mission editing the stock bis hinds and T72s are replaced with CLSA's if you look you can find the other addons about and setup your mission. And weee all the nice pretty scripts work also, just use kegs weapons to not have the weak LAW/RPG problem..

I hope that patch will be released tomorrow.

How big will the patch be rock.gif 10 , 12 mb rock.gif

Hope the Sa58 sounds have changed.

FGJ (F****ing good job) smile_o.gif