Sign in to follow this  
Parvus

V.1.96 beta

This Patch is great, but the linux server v1.96 wasn't released yet sad_o.gif

Before that all Linux owner can't patch! Hope they will release this version before OFP 2 or Söldner get launched...

I am waiting for 196 for linux too. 8 days now since the windows version was ready. At least you can play with 196 clients on 195 servers...

The point is, if i ask 10 OFP-Gamers at the moment, 7 of them doesnt say: *Jipppieh! A new patch*.

They tell me that the chance to fill up with 20 gamers is round about zero if more patches are coming....

Hmm, it's the way benu wrote. Sometimes we even have to "lock" the server, cause there are too much players joining (we use 1.95 ... the 1.96b-LinuxPatch isn't available yet).

In my opinion it's always better tp patch to a bug-fixed version than to us an "older" one (which perhaps more players are using) that still has some bugs.

P.S. f.e. our server is patched by our provider. Therefore we do not have a really chance to change different patches every week.

I see. For us, patching is really easy. Our server-admin (benu) just run the patch.exe ... and there we go.

Patching by the provider ... argh ...  sad_o.gif

I would not bother even trying to run a server without remote access. You can't even add to your ban list without remote admin. wink_o.gif

Shredder @ Feb. 03 2004,10:45)]I am happy to say we run 1.96 beta on our win32 server. It works fine!

Mad-IT clan Netherlands

[MIT] 1.96 OFP War server: 82.192.78.145:2302

[MIT] 1.96 OFP FDF 1.2 OFP server: 82.192.78.145:2500

[MIT] 1.96 OFP BAS/@ECP server: 82.192.78.145:2600

I dont even want to know why your runnin 3 servers on 1 box, i saw that on the eye and almost choked

Shredder @ Feb. 03 2004,10:45)]I am happy to say we run 1.96 beta on our win32 server. It works fine!

Mad-IT clan Netherlands

I dont even want to know why your runnin 3 servers on 1 box, i saw that on the eye and almost choked

Heh... must be a two- or four-processor machine unless all three game servers only have one mission: a two-player chicken run using bicycles on desert island... biggrin_o.gif

Joking aside, their IP could also be a router and they have three distinct machines behind it.

Mad-IT clan Netherlands

Heh... must be a two- or four-processor machine unless all three game servers only have one mission: a two-player chicken run using bicycles on desert island...  biggrin_o.gif

Joking aside, their IP could also be a router and they have three distinct machines behind it.

Hehehe biggrin_o.gif

I want to know the specs of this "win32" server.

Hehehe biggrin_o.gif

I want to know the specs of this "win32" server.

It's in is signature I think.

everybody is waiting for Linux v1.96 server....

It seems to be very difficult to generate the files. Perhaps BI will release them this month?

Don't want to rush .... but are there any news about the 1.96 Linux-Patch?

It comes like i said:

3 (!) Versions are been played and nobody wantz to change anything. I dont agree with this situation ...

Where is the 1.97b? I want another OFP version cos i cannot decide for me which one is better: 1.91 / 1.92 / 1.94b or 1.95b ... hmm maybe 1.96b ? Its clear: We need 1.97b ^^ ...

I can understand that some people only play the latest official version, ie 191, and some want to play the newest version, ie 196. So, there really should only be 2 versions out there. But delaying the linux version for at least 2 weeks hasn't helped either, as linux admins are forced to use an older version now. Making it a total of three versions used simultanously.

I guess the latest beta patch will be made final when it actually is considered final, as it was the case with 191, reducing ofp versions in the wild to one again. And i am not in a hurry there. Better a good final version than a hasty and faulty one. But i am not happy about the linux server getting delayed at least two weeks.

But for those that use the rest of the version numbers... well, i heard some admins couldn't upgrade to newer versions because of league rules... but that's more the fault of those leagues, and not bis' fault, i'd say. If someone wanted to run a 130 server (or even an 150) that isn't bis fault either. The only thing i would say is bis fault is the delay of the linux server. A little more info on this would be cool... are there serious problems or is pepca on vacation ( tounge_o.gif )?

One thing I have noticed (and which I wrote in a mail to BIS) is the return of the timeout/loosing connection bug, that was present until 1.93b. I don't know whether the reason for are different client/sever versions of OFP or something else.

So far, I have encountered this on a large range of servers, since I installed 1.95 and 1.96 afterwards. Even on 1.96 windows servers with a mix of 1.95 and 1.96 clients, the bug has come up several times.

Once the improved windows server is out that only allows 1.96 clients to connect, I will hopefully see if the reason are mixed versions. If not it would be very much appreciated to fix this bug before the final 1.9x patch is released.

Can anyone else confirm increased loosing connection messages / timeouts when playing online? It doesn't matter if it was you who timed out (red square) or if you noticed the message to come up with other players.

i have that problem with some previous versions of the patch. haven't had chance to test 1.96 in that setting.(i got real life you know wink_o.gif)

my setup is a DSL with a router. and i can produce that problem in 15 minutes. tounge_o.gif just that i got life and is hard to set up a test.(i got exam tomorrow with a flu in my system). i also reported this problem back then. so i think BIS is well aware of the situation and is working on it.

Yes they are full aware of the problem, afterall they fixed it with 1.93 and its extensive logging feature before. Until 1.95 or 1.96 it was gone and now it seems to be back. Reason unknown.

did i say 15 minutes? i just tried it right now and was able to do so in 5 tounge_o.gif i connected to a server with 200+ ping though.

edit: of course my system is 750mhz, so that could exaggerate the problem, but who knows?

hopefully they will get this sorted out/fixed.

I suffer from this problem from time to time, I have never found a solution to this problem.

RED